赖世雄旅游观光英语通 第50期:找到会说英语的人
日期:2013-09-23 15:10

(单词翻译:单击)

中英文本

Finding an English Speaker

找到会说英语的人

Evan gets out of the car and goes into the restaurant. He speaks with the proprietress.

艾凡下车走到那家餐馆。他和餐馆的女老板说话。

E:Excuse me, but do you speak English?

艾凡:打扰一下,你会说英语吗?

P:Nein. Nicht gut. Mein daughter speak the English. Here you wait, OK?

女老板:不。不好。我的女儿说这个英语。这里你等一下,好吗?

E:Uh, sure, thanks.The proprietress fetches her daughter.

艾凡:呃,没问题,谢谢。餐馆女老板叫来了她女儿。

D:Hello. My name is Gertrude. May I help you?

女儿:哈啰。我叫葛楚德。需要我帮忙吗?

E:Whew! I'm sorry, but I can't speak German. May I ask you a question?

艾凡:咻!很抱歉,我不会讲德语。我可以请教你一个问题吗?

D:Yes, of course.

女儿:当然可以。

E:My girlfriend and I...

艾凡:我和我女朋友…

D:Your girlfriend? Where is she?

女儿:你女朋友?她在哪儿?

E:Well, she's in the car waiting.

艾凡:嗯,她在车内等我。

You see, we're lost. We're trying to find the road to Bremen.

你看得出来,我们迷路了。我们正在设法寻找到不来梅的路。

D:You must ask your girlfriend to come in.

女儿:你一定要叫你女朋友进来,

It's cool outside in the car.

待在外面的车子里很凉的。

And it's night already. First things first.

更何况现在已经是晚上了。重要的事必须先做。

You must be hungry.

你们一定饿了。

Why not have your dinner with us here?

何不在我们这儿吃晚饭呢?

My mother is a great cook.

我妈妈的菜做得很棒。

Bring your girlfriend inside and we'll serve you a dinner you'll never forget.

把你的女朋友带到餐馆里面来吧,我们会让你们享用一顿终生难忘的晚餐。

E:And Bremen?

艾凡:那不来梅呢?

D:It's only 20 kilometers from here. But relax now. Enjoy real German cuisine that you won't find in the big city.

女儿:从这里去只有二十公里。现在就轻松一下,享受一顿在大城市吃不到的真正德国料理。

E:You talked me into it. I'll go get Kathy now.

艾凡:你说动我了。我现在去叫凯西。

精讲部分

1. proprietress 女所有者;女老板

2. First things first.重要的事情先办。

3. Why not 为什么不…呢?

4. serve sb 替某人端送…

5. cuisine 烹饪

6. talk sb .into+N/Ving 说服某人做…

分享到