1. give/lend an ear to someone 倾听某人的心声（常用以表示同情）
例句：He tried to give a sympathetic ear to the patient.
2. turn a deaf ear 不加理睬、充耳不闻
例句：He turned a deaf ear to his mother's chatter.
3. fall on deaf ears 未被理睬、未受重视
例句：My advice always seems to fall on deaf ears.
4. talk one's ear off 喋喋不休，絮叨个不停
例句：All I wanted was a chance to read my book, but my seatmate talked my ear off.
5. make a pig's ear of 把事情搞得很糟糕
例句：He made a pig's ear (out) of repairing my car.
6. have big ears 耳朵尖、消息灵通；爱打听别人的事
例句：He can't help having big ears.
7. all eyes and ears 聚精会神
例句：A detective must be all eyes and all ears.
8. all ears 洗耳恭听、全神贯注地听
例句：Go ahead with your story, I'm all ears.
9. grin from ear to ear 咧着嘴笑、笑逐颜开
例句：When he was told that he has won the first prize, he grined from ear to ear.
10. play it by ear 随机应变、见机行事
例句：In dealing with that unpredictable man, you simply can't follow a prearranged plan. You have to play it by ear.
11. prick up your ears 竖起耳朵仔细听
例句：He pricked up his ears when they mentioned the salary.