李阳疯狂英语脱口而出MP3实战篇之疯狂准备篇 第二节
日期:2007-09-03 23:30

(单词翻译:单击)

第二节: 一百个超级短句
反复操练、滚瓜烂熟、据为己有、随时卖弄!
【疯狂短评】
人们在日常生活中不离口的都是小词、短句。学会使用适当的惯用语短句进行交谈,就会让别人觉得你的英语地道、精炼而流利。我们每期为你精选的100个超级短句都是在美国好莱坞电影中频频出现的最常用、最时髦的口语精华,帮助大家表达英语更加地道、生动、活泼、自然。
【Kim’s Note】When Americans speak they like to use as few words as possible to get their meaning across. Learning these spoken elements will make you sound natural and more like a native speaker. These are the sentences that appear in movies and TV shows because they are the most authentic American English. These sentences are the way people really talk to each other! The formal dialogues in most traditional textbooks sound very unnatural and are more difficult to learn.
【李老师的建议】
上面的这段话一定要用“三最法”脱口而出!一步登天,显示出你对美国、美国语言、美国文化的了解。
【录音说明】

1. Any more?(还有吗?/ 还要吗?)

2. Are you alone?(你一个人吗?)

3. Are you ready?(你准备好了吗?)
【Kim’s Note】I always use this sentence to encourage someone who is taking too long. Teacher Li has heard me use this sentence hundreds of times!

4. Be my guest.(别客气!/ 请用!)
【Kim’s Note】 If you use these three little words when someone makes a request, you will amaze people with your English. In fact, if you say this when someone is just looking at an empty seat beside you, they will feel grateful and relieved! It is much more eloquent than saying “Sit down please!”
【疯狂实战】
A: Pardon me, Miss, but may I sit here?
(对不起,小姐,我可以坐这里吗?)
B: Be my guest.
(当然,别客气!)

5. Can you believe it?(你能相信吗?)

6. Don’t argue!(不要争辩!)

7. Don’t be childish.(别那么孩子气。)

8. Don’t bother.(不必麻烦。)
【Kim’s Note】This is a good way to put someone at ease when you feel she has done too much for you. It let’s a person know that it is not necessary to treat you as a guest!
【疯狂实战】
A: Do you want me to help you with your bags.
(要我帮你拎包吗?)
B: Don’t bother, they’re not heavy.
(不用麻烦了,这些包不重。)

9. Don’t get upset!(不要烦恼!)
【Kim’s Note】 Most of the time this sentence comes before news that is really upsetting, but it is still useful. In fact, sometimes clever people use this to deliver news that isn’t that bad. They know that when a person hears these words, she automatically assumes the worst. If the news isn’t that bad, it always comes as a big relief!

10. Don’t mind me.(别管我。)

11. Did you get it?(你懂了吗?)

12. Forget it!(算了吧!)
【Kim’s Note】 I always call this Teacher Li’s number one American sentence. It is without a doubt one of the most frequently heard sentences in American English!

13. Enjoy yourself!(尽情享受吧!)

14. Get off my back!(我受够了!/ 别烦我!)
【Kim’s Note】If you are facing too much pressure from your parents, your boss, or your boyfriend or girlfriend, you can yell this sentence to get some relief.
【疯狂实战】
A: I really think you need to spend more time studying and less time watching TV.
(我真的认为你应该多花点时间学习,少看点电视。)
B: Get off my back! I’ve been studying for six hours!
(我受够了!我已经学习了六个小时了。)

15. Go ahead!(去吧!/ 请便!)

16. He gave me the cold shoulder.(他对我很冷漠。)
【疯狂实战】
A: I don’t know why Kim gave me the cold shoulder when I said “hi” to her.
(我不知道为什么每次我对金姆说“嗨”的时候她都对我很冷漠。)
B: You know, she is moody sometimes. I wouldn’t worry about it.
(你知道她有时候喜怒无常,我是不会为此而担心的。)

17. He hit the roof!(他勃然大怒!)
【Kim’s Note】Some people really hit the roof if you give them the cold shoulder. Both of these idioms are very useful in everyday conversations, but really have a different meaning than their words suggest.

18. He was a fake.(他是个骗子。)
【疯狂实战】
A: Why didn’t you like Lily’s new boyfriend?
(为什么你不喜欢莉莉的新男朋友?)
B: He was a fake. I always hate phony people like that.
(他是个骗子。我一直都很讨厌像他那样的骗子。)

19. He’s bad medicine.(他是个丧门星。)

20. Here you go.(就是这样。)
【疯狂注释】
当我们了解对方提出问题的内容,而且随即可以为之解决时,这句话就可派上用场。通常在解决问题或动作完成之后,或者一边动作,一边说出这句话。
【疯狂实战】
A: This is the first time I’ve used this copy machine. Can you show me how to use it?
(这是我第一次使用这台复印机,你能示范给我看看吗?)
B: Here you go. Just press the button.
(喏,就这样。只要按下这个钮。)
【Kim’s Note】 Anytime you receive merchandise in a store or change from paying a bill you will automatically hear this sentence. Get into the habit of saying it in your daily life.
* You ordered the chicken right? Here you go.
(你点了鸡肉是吗?来了。)
* Your change is eleven dollars and thirteen cents. Here you go.
(找给你11元13分。给!)

21. I am sorry to be late.(对不起我迟到了。)

22. I disagree.(我不同意。)

23. I don’t care.(我不在乎。)

24. I have no problem with that.(对此我没有问题。)

25. I wish it were true.(我希望这是真的。)

26. I’d be the last to know. = How would I know? / I really don’t know. / I have no idea. / I’m the wrong person to ask.(我怎么知道?/ 我真的不知道。/ 你问错人了。)
【疯狂实战】
A: Kim, do you know where Li Yang is?
(金姆,你知道李阳在哪里吗?)
B: I’d be the last to know. I just got here myself.
(我不知道。我刚刚才到这里。)

A: Do you know how to make jaozi?
(你知道怎么做饺子吗?)
B: I’d be the last to know. I can’t cook anything. I can’t even boil water!
(我不知道。我不会做饭,连水都不会烧。)

27. I’d rather not.(我不愿意。)

28. I'll say.(就是嘛!)
【疯狂注释】
用于表示极为赞同对方的意思,用在表示强烈地附和对方所说的话。比如对方说“犯罪这种事真是难以叫人宽恕,其中又以诱拐妇女儿童最为卑鄙无耻,罪大恶极”,这时候如果自己对此看法也深表同感时,即可以说“I’ll say!”
【疯狂实战】
A: I just don’t understand why she goes out with him. He’s so much younger than she is.
(我就是不明白,为什么她会和他约会。他年纪比她年轻多了。)
B: I’ll say! She must be old enough to be his mother.
(就是嘛!她老得可以做他母亲了。)

29. I’m full.(我吃饱了。)
【Kim’s Note】This sentence is so useful at the end of a big Chinese banquet. However, the words “full” and “fool” are pronounced exactly the same. If you accidentally put the article “a” in front of full and say “I’m a full.” It will mean something totally different and make everyone at the table laugh!

30. It slipped my mind.(我记不起来了。)
【Kim’s Note】For some reason people find this sentence less offensive than just saying “I forgot”.
* I meant to call you when we got to Beijing. I was just so busy it slipped my mind.
(我本来打算一到北京就给你打电话的。但是我太忙了,所以忘记了。)

31. It really got to me.(我太感动了。)
【疯狂注释】
用于表示深受感动之意。比如看完一场悲伤的电影,心里很感动,这一句话就可以派上用场,传神而简单的表达出你的感受。
【疯狂实战】
A: What are you crying for? It’s just a movie.
(你哭什么嘛?这只是场电影啊!)
B: I know, but it really got to me when the little boy’s mother died.
(我知道,不过当那小男孩的母亲去世时,我实在太伤心了。)

32. It was all in vain.(一切都枉费心机。)

33. It is beyond my means.(我买不起。)

34. It’s a different way of life.(这是不同的生活方式。)

35. It’s a fact.(这是事实。)

36. It’s a good idea.(是个好主意。)

37. It’s all the same to me.(对我来说都一样。)

38. It’s driving me crazy.(简直要把我逼疯了。)
【Kim’s Note】This is the kind of strong language that is always heard in movies. You can also hear me say this in our office when the phone rings too many times and disturbs my work!

39. It’s getting worse!(越来越糟了!)

40. It’s inevitable.(这是不可避免的。)

41. It’s my treat!(我请客!)
【Kim’s Note】 This is a great sentence to use if you want to show someone a kindness or celebrate! Also, if you’re not sure a date will say “yes” when you ask her out, you can add this as a bonus!
【疯狂实战】
A: Would you like to have lunch together sometime, my treat!
(什么时候愿意一起吃午饭吗?我请客。)
B: Sure, I’d love to.
(当然,我很愿意。)

42. It’s not going to happen again.(这种事不会再发生了。)
【Kim’s Note】Every liar and cheater in the world uses this sentence when they get caught! Unfortunately it is never true.

43. It’s painful to admit it.(承认这一点是痛苦的。)

44. It’s natural.(这很自然。)

45. It’s up for sale.(这是供出售的。)

46. Keep quiet!(安静!)

47. Keep out.(切勿入内!)

48. Let me explain.(让我来解释。)

49. Let’s keep in touch.(让我们保持联系。)

50. Like what?(比方说?)
【Kim’s Note】This has become so common in American English you can hear it every day!
【疯狂实战】
A: I think we’re going to have some problems with this project.
(我觉得在这个项目上我们会遇到一些问题。)
B: Like what?
(比方说?)

A: I’m tired of eating the same thing every day. I want something different.
(我厌倦了每天都吃一样的东西,我想吃点不同的。)
B: Like what?
(比如说?)

51. May I go now?(我可以走了吗?)

52. Mind your own business.(不要多管闲事。)
【Kim’s Note】This sentence is not polite, but it is effective when someone asks too many questions or gets involved in your affairs.

53. Neither can I.(我也不能。)
【疯狂实战】
A: I can’t stand the way she gossips.
(我无法忍受她那样说闲话。)
B: Neither can I.
(我也不能。)

54. Never again!(永远不再!)

55. Never mind.(算了;没关系。)
【疯狂注释】
表示没什么重要的,就让它过去算了。你要告诉别人什么事,或要别人帮你做什么事,但他没听清楚,你也觉得不做也没关系,就说Never mind.
【疯狂实战】
A: What were you going to tell me earlier?
(你先前要跟我说什么?)
B: Never mind, it wasn’t important.
(算了,并不重要。)

56. No problem!(没问题!)

57. Not in my lifetime!(不可能!)
【Kim’s Note】This is an excellent way to refuse someone in a very clear way! It’s the same as saying “never! ”. It is also useful to express doubt or disbelief.
【疯狂实战】
A: Do you think a woman will ever be President of the United States?
(你认为女性有可能会成为美国总统吗?)
B: Not in my lifetime.
(不可能。)

58. Now I understand.(现在我明白了。)

59. Only yourself to blame.(只能怪你自己。)

60. Parking is impossible!(请勿停车!)
【Kim’s Note】Americans are obsessed with parking. There are far more cars in America than there are places to put them. The situation is rapidly becoming the same in China!

61. Please forgive me.(请原谅我。)

62. See you soon.(呆会儿见。)

63. So far, so good.(目前为止,一切顺利。)

64. So what?(那又怎么样?)

65. Stay out of it.(你别管。)
【Kim’s Note】This is another sentence that isn’t polite, but it is still very effective. This sentence is often used when parents interfere with their grown children’s lives.

66. Take it easy.(别着急。)

67. That depends.(那要看情况。)

68. That doesn’t make sense.(那是胡说。)

69. That doesn’t matter at all.(真的没关系。)

70. That makes my mouth water.(真是让我垂涎欲滴。)
【Kim’s Note】 If you are tired of always using the word “delicious” to describe food, you can use this sentence instead. People will be shocked at your English knowledge. If you are among good friends you can also use this sentence to describe a good-looking boy or girl.

71. That looks easy.(看上去很容易。)

72. That should be easy.(那应该很容易。)

73. That surprises me.(真让我吃了一惊!)

74. That’s against the law.(那是违法的。)

75. That’s it!(就是这样!)
【疯狂注释】
通常用于表示对方动作正确,以示鼓励之意。在教授驾驶汽车方法、打高尔夫球的姿势、跳舞、游泳、英语的发音等等情况下都可以使用。
* Driving Teacher: Now stay on the road. Don’t go too far to the left. That’s it. That’s it. Good.
(汽车教练:方向盘握直,不要太偏左。就是这样,就是这样。好极了。)

76. That’s life.(生活就是这样。)

77. That’s not fair.(那不公平。)
【Kim’s Note】These sentences are always used together when parents argue with children, especially teenage children!
【疯狂实战】
A: You told me I could spend the weekend at my friend’s house and now you’re telling me I can’t go? That’s not fair!
(你说过我可以在朋友家度周末的,现在你又说我不能去了。那不公平!)
B: Too bad, that’s life.
(太糟了,生活就是这样。)

78. There’s no hurry.(不用着急。)

79. There’s not much hope.(没有多大希望。)

80. There’s something wrong here.(这儿有点不对劲。)

81. Things are looking good.(事情看起来很顺利。)

82. Well done!(干得好!)

83. What a bore!(真是个惹人讨厌的家伙!)

84. What a nice surprise!(真是令人喜出望外!)

85. What a shame!(真是可惜!)
【疯狂注释】
用在听到或看到不好的消息,安慰对方的话。
【疯狂实战】
A: Mary wrecked her brand new car.
(玛丽撞坏了她那辆崭新的车子。)
B: Oh, what a shame!
(噢,太可惜了!)

86. What happened?(发生了什么事?)

87. What’s the problem?(怎么回事?)

88. What’s up?(怎么了?)

89. Who knows!(谁知道啊!)
【疯狂注释】
当有人提出问题,你不知道问题的答案,而且有一种你也想知道该问题的答案,但似乎没有人会知道的无可奈何感时,就可以回答Who knows!
【疯狂实战】
A: Do you know what we’re having for dinner?
(你知道我们晚餐要吃什么吗?)
B: Who knows – it could be anything.
(谁知道 —— 什么都有可能。)

90. Why not ask them?(为什么不问他们?)

91. You bet!(当然!)
【疯狂实战】
A: Can you give me a ride home?
(你可以载我回家吗?)
B: You bet.
(好的。)

92. You can say that again.(一点也没错。)

93. You can’t be serious!(你开玩笑吧!/ 你不会是当真吧!)

94. You know what I mean?(你懂我的意思吗?)

95. You said it.(我也这么觉得。)
【疯狂注释】
用于较亲密的朋友间,表示同意他的看法。
【疯狂实战】
A: That was a great movie. It really got to me.
(这部电影真棒,好叫我感动。)
B: You said it.
(我也这么觉得。)

96. You should apologize.(你应该道歉。)

97. You should make up your mind.(你应该下决心。)
【Kim’s Note】Everyone knows a person who can never decide anything! Use this sentence to encourage him.

98. You should save your money.(你应该节约钱。)

99. You shouldn’t get your hopes up.(你不应该抱太大希望。)

100. You’re telling me!(说得一点没错。)
【疯狂注释】
此句用于亲密朋友间,表示同意他的看法。
【疯狂实战】
A: That was a tough test.
(好难的考试啊!)
B: You’re telling me.
(就是啊!)

分享到
重点单词
  • eloquentadj. 雄辩的,有口才的,动人的
  • kindnessn. 仁慈,好意
  • bonusn. 奖金,红利
  • botherv. 使恼怒,使不安,烦扰,费心 n. 烦扰,麻烦,焦急
  • pressuren. 压力,压强,压迫 v. 施压
  • pronouncedadj. 显著的,断然的,明确的 pronounce的过
  • requestn. 要求,请求 vt. 请求,要求
  • describevt. 描述,画(尤指几何图形),说成
  • disagreev. 不一致,有分歧,不适应,不适宜
  • disbeliefn. 不相信,怀疑