(单词翻译:单击)
Conversation Two
对话二
W: Mr. De Keyzer, I'm a great lover of your book Moments Before the Flood.
女:狄凯瑟先生,我特别喜欢你的书《洪水袭来前》 。
Can you tell us how you first became interested in this subject matter?
你能告诉我们你最初是怎么对这个主题感兴趣的吗?
M: In 2006, when the concert hall of the city of Bruges asked me to take some pictures for a catalogue for a new concert season around the theme of water, I found myself working along the Belgian coastline.
男:2006年,布鲁日音乐厅请我为宣传册拍摄照片,这些照片是为以水为主题的新音乐会演奏季拍摄的,而我当时恰好就在比利时海岸线附近工作 。
As there had been numerous alarming articles in the press about a climate catastrophe waiting to happen,
因为新闻媒体有很多关于气候灾难即将发生的警告性文章,
I started looking at the sea and the beach very differently, a place where I spent so many perfect days as a child.
所以我开始以非常不同的眼光看待大海和海滩,我童年在那里度过了太多的美好时光 。
This fear of a looming danger became the subject of a large-scale photo project.
对即将发生的危险的恐惧成为了大规模照片计划的主题 。
W: You wrote in the book: "I don't want to photograph the disaster, I want to photograph the disaster waiting to happen.”
女:你在书里面写道:“我不想拍摄灾难的照片,而想拍摄即将发生的灾难的照片 。”
Can you talk a bit about that?
你能不能谈一谈这句话?
M: It is clear now that it is a matter of time before the entire European coastline disappears under water.
男:现在明显的是,整个欧洲海岸线迟早会消失在水下 。
The same goes for numerous big cities around the world.
世界上很多大城市也在劫难逃 。
My idea was to photograph this beautiful and very unique coastline, rich in history, before it's too late—as a last witness.
我的想法是在还来得及之前——作为最后的见证者,拍下这些美丽且举世无双的海岸线、丰富的历史 。
W: Can you talk a bit about how history plays a role in this project?
女:你能谈一谈历史在这个计划中发挥作用的吗?
M: Sure. The project is also about the history of Europe looking at the sea and wondering when the next enemy would appear.
男:当然可以 。这个计划还关乎着欧洲看待大海和担心下一个敌人什么时候会出现的历史 。
In the images, you see all kinds of possible defense constructions to hold back the Romans, Germans, Vikings, and now nature as enemy number one.
在这些图片里,你可以看到各种各样的抵御罗马人、日耳曼人、维京人和现在首要的自然灾害的防御工程建筑 。
For example, there is the image of the bridge into the sea taken at the Normandy D-Day landing site.
比如,有一张通往大海的桥的照片是在诺曼底登陆遗址拍摄的 。
Also, Venice, the city eternally threatened by the sea,
还有那永久受大海威胁的威尼斯城,
where every morning wooden pathways have to be set up to allow tourists to reach their hotels.
那里每天上午都必须要搭建木制通道来让游客们抵达他们的旅馆 。
W: Thank you, Mr. De Keyzer.
女:谢谢你,狄凯瑟先生 。
It was a pleasure to have you with us today.
今天能请到你,真让我们感到荣幸 。
Questions 5 to 8 are based on the conversation you have just heard.
问题5到8是基于刚才你所听到的那段对话 。
Question 5: What does the man say about the book Moments Before the Flood?
问题5:关于《洪水袭来前》,男士提到了什么?
Question 6. When did the man get his idea for the work?
问题6:该男士是什么时候得到这个作品的灵感的?
Question 7. What will happen when the climate catastrophe occurs?
问题7:气候灾难出现时会发生什么事?
Question 8. What does the man say about Venice?
问题8:关于威尼斯,男士提到了什么?
译文属可可原创,仅供学习和交流使用,未经允许不得转载