(单词翻译:单击)
So now let me go ahead -- I am going to go to some websites, I am going to go to the New York Times today.
接下来,我要去浏览一些网站,我要去《纽约时报》官网 。
And let's just compare these websites. Our networks in here are always unpredictable.
我们来比较一下这些网站 。我们这里的网络总是不可预测的 。
So we have no idea what we're going to find. They are slow today.
所以我们不知道会发生什么 。今天有一些慢 。
You know, you can help me out if you're on Wi-Fi if you could just get off, I'd appreciate it.
如果你有无线网络可以帮我登录的话,我会很感激的 。
We're having a little problem here.
我们现在遇到了一些小麻烦 。
I don't know what's wrong with our networks.
我也不清楚我们的网络是怎么回事 。
I'm afraid I have a problem and I'm not going to be able to show you much here today.
恐怕这个问题,会让我今天不能在这里向你们展示太多了 。
I can show you some pictures in the camera roll.
那我就给你们看一下相册里的照片吧 。
And let's just go, take a look at some photos here.
我们就来看一下一些照片吧 。
Take a look at that, same photos. Pretty different.
看同一张照片 。完全不一样的感觉 。
Again, the same photo, see the difference. You really see it around the eyes, the teeth.
这也是同一张照片,看起来很不一样 。你可以看清楚眼睛的周围还有牙齿 。
So it kind of just comes down to what do you want to be looking at all day long?
虽然可以,但是我也不能一整天都看这些照片啊 。
So the retina display. 3.5 inches, the same size as the iPhone 3GS,
这就是视网膜屏幕 。3.5英寸,和iPhone 3GS一样大,
yet with 960 by 640 pixels, that's 4 times more pixels than the iPhone 3GS.
但是分辨率达到了960×640像素,比iPhone 3GS高4倍 。
326 pixels per inch, an 800 to 1 contrast ratio which is again 4 times better than the 3GS.
每英寸326像素,800比1的对比度,同样也是3GS的4倍 。
We're using IPS technology.
我们使用了IPS技术 。
This is a very advanced LCD technology which is quite a bit, in our opinion,
这是一种非常先进的LCD技术,在我们看来,
quite a bit better than the OLED technology for these types of products and provides much more accurate color and much higher resolution.
在这类产品上,要比OLED技术好得多,而且能提供更准确的色彩和更高的分辨率 。
You can't make an OLED display with this type of resolution right now.
现在还不能做出这种分辨率的OLED显示屏 。
And so we think the IPS technology is really quite superior.
所以我们认为IPS技术真的非常优越 。
And it results in incredibly sharp text images and video.
它能非常清晰地显示文本图像和视频 。
Now, again, the retina display has got 78% of the pixels on an iPad right in the palm of your hand.
再者,这块视网膜屏幕的像素数字,达到了iPad的78%,就在你的手掌中 。
iPhone OS 4 makes it show your apps automatically run on the retina display, full size.
iPhone OS 4让你的应用程序能自动在这块视网膜屏幕上运行,全尺寸 。
But they look even better.
但它们看起来更好看 。
Because what we do is iPhone OS automatically renders your texts in the higher resolution and all your controls in the higher resolution.
因为我们所做的,是iPhone OS会自动以更高的分辨率渲染你的文本以及你的所有控件 。
So you get that automatically and your apps look even better without you doing any work.
因此你会自动获得这些效果,你的应用无需你做任何操作,就能看起来更炫酷 。
But if you do a little bit of work and open up the hood of your app and put in higher resolution artwork, then they will look stunning.
但如果你稍微做些操作,打开你的应用的素材库,添加更高分辨率的图像,那么它们看起来就会更漂亮 。
So we'd suggest that you do that.
所以我们建议你这么做 。
So that is the retina display: awesome texts, awesome images and awesome video.
这就是视网膜屏幕:超棒的文本,超棒的图像和超棒的视频效果 。
We think this is going to set the standard for displays for the next several years.
我们认为这将成为未来几年屏幕的标杆 。
We don't think anybody's going to come close.
我们不认为有人能接近这种水平 。
And you know, the display is your window into the Internet, into your apps, into your media, into your software.
屏幕是你进入互联网,进入应用程序,进入媒体,进入软件的窗口 。
We think it maybe the most important single component of the hardware.
我们认为它可能是硬件中最重要的一个组成部分 。
And we've got something here now, that's like the best window on the planet. So that's the retina display.
我们现在在这方面有了一些突破,这是世界上最好的窗口 。这就是视网膜屏幕 。