(单词翻译:单击)
Well, how do you solve this? Hmm.
要怎么解决这个问题呢?嗯 。
It turns out, we have solved it! We solved in computers 20 years ago.
实际上我们已经解决了!我们20年前就用电脑解决了 。
We solved it with a bit-mapped screen that could display anything we want. Put any user interface up.
我们用一个可以显示任何我们想要的东西的位图屏幕解决了这个问题 。显示任何用户界面 。
And a pointing device. We solved it with the mouse, right? We solved this problem.
这就还需要一个指点设备 。我们用鼠标解决了这个问题,对吧?这个问题已经解决了 。
So how are we going to take this to a mobile device?
那么我们如何将其应用到一台移动设备上呢?
What we're going to do is get rid of all these buttons and just make a giant screen, a giant screen.
我们要做的是去掉所有这些按钮,只留一个巨大的屏幕,巨大的屏幕 。
Now, how are we going to communicate this? We don't want to carry around a mouse, right? So what are we going to do?
现在,我们要怎么传达指令呢?我们可不想随身带着鼠标,对吧?那我们要怎么做呢?
Oh, a stylus, right? We're going to use a stylus. No. Who wants a stylus?
哦,一支手写笔,对吧?我们可以用一支手写笔 。才不要呢 。谁想要一支手写笔啊?
You have to get em and put em away, and you lose em. Yuck. Nobody wants a stylus. So let's not use a stylus.
你要一会儿拿出来,一会儿收起来,然后你就把这东西弄丢了 。呸 。没人想要手写笔 。所以我们不要用手写笔 。
We're going to use the best pointing device in the world.
我们要使用世界上最好的指点设备 。
We're going to use a pointing device that we're all born with -- born with ten of them. We're going to use our fingers.
我们要用一种我们生来就有的指点设备,生来就有十个 。我们要用的就是我们的手指 。
We're going to touch this with our fingers.
我们要用手指来触控 。
And we have invented a new technology called multi-touch, which is phenomenal. It works like magic.
我们发明了一种叫做多点触控的新技术,这个技术非常了不起 。就像魔法一样 。
You don't need a stylus. It's far more accurate than any touch display that's ever been shipped.
你不需要手写笔了 。它比以往任何一款触屏都要精确得多 。
It ignores unintended touches, it's super-smart.
它可以忽略无意的触摸,超级智能 。
You can do multi-finger gestures on it.
你可以在它上面做多手指操作 。
And boy, have we patented it.
而且伙计们,我们已经申请了专利 。
So we have been very lucky to have brought a few revolutionary user interfaces to the market in our time.
我们非常荣幸地为我们这个时代的市场带来了一些革命性的用户界面 。
First was the mouse. The second was the click wheel. And now, we're going to bring multi-touch to the market.
第一种是鼠标 。第二种是点击式转盘 。现在,我们要把多点触控引入市场 。
And each of these revolutionary interfaces has made possible a revolutionary product -- the Mac, the iPod and now the iPhone.
这些革命性的界面使得革命性的产品成为了可能--比如说Mac, iPod和现在的iPhone 。
So, a revolutionary interface. We're going to build on top of that with software.
这是一个革命性的界面 。我们将在此基础上开发软件 。
Now, software on mobile phones is like baby software.
现在手机上的软件就像婴儿软件一样 。
It's not so powerful, and today we're going to show you a software breakthrough.
没有那么强大,而今天我们将向你展示一个软件上的突破 。
Software that's at least five years ahead of what's on any other phone.
比其他手机至少领先五年的软件系统 。
Now how do we do this? Well, we start with a strong foundation. iPhone runs OS X.
我们怎么做到的呢?我们从一个坚实的基础开始 。iPhone上运行的是OS X系统 。