经典文学《简·爱》(MP3+中英字幕) 第529期
日期:2020-02-25 10:35

(单词翻译:单击)

They returned within the time Hannah had allotted them: they entered by the kitchen door.
他们在汉娜规定的时间内回来了,是从厨房门进来的。
Mr. St. John, when he saw me, merely bowed and passed through; the two ladies stopped:
圣·约翰先生见了我不过点了点头就走过了。两位小姐停了下来。
Mary, in a few words, kindly and calmly expressed the pleasure she felt in seeing me well enough to be able to come down;
玛丽心平气和地说了几句话,表示很高兴见我己经好到能下楼了。
Diana took my hand: she shook her head at me.
黛安娜握住我的手,对我摇摇头。
"You should have waited for my leave to descend," she said.
“你该等我允许后才好下楼,”她说。
"You still look very pale -- and so thin! Poor child! -- poor girl!"
“你脸色还是很苍白--又那么瘦!可怜的孩子?可怜的姑娘!”

经典名著 简爱

Diana had a voice toned, to my ear, like the cooing of a dove.
黛安娜的声调在我听来象鸽子的咕咕声。
She possessed eyes whose gaze I delighted to encounter.
她有一双我很乐意接触她目光的眼睛。
Her whole face seemed to me fill of charm.
她的整张脸似乎都充满魅力。
Mary's countenance was equally intelligent -- her features equally pretty;
玛丽的面容,一样聪明--她的五官一样漂亮,
but her expression was more reserved, and her manners, though gentle, more distant.
但她的表情更加冷淡,她的仪态虽然文雅却更显得隔膜。
Diana looked and spoke with a certain authority: she had a will, evidently.
黛安娜的神态和说话的样子都有一种权威派头,显然很有主意。
It was my nature to feel pleasure in yielding to an authority supported like hers,
我生性喜欢服从像她那样有依靠的权威,
and to bend, where my conscience and self-respect permitted, to an active will.
在我的良心和自尊允许范围内,向富有活力的意志低头。

分享到