经典文学《简·爱》(MP3+中英字幕) 第262期
日期:2017-11-02 15:59

(单词翻译:单击)

Mr. Rochester entered, and with him the surgeon he had been to fetch.
罗切斯特先生进来了,同来的还有他去请的外科医生。
"Now, Carter, be on the alert," he said to this last.
“嗨,卡特,千万当心,”他对来人说。
I give you but half-an-hour for dressing the wound, fastening the bandages, getting the patient downstairs and all.
我只给你半小时,包扎伤口、捆绑绷带,把病人送到楼下,全都在内。
But is he fit to move, sir?
可是他能走动吗,先生?
No doubt of it. It is nothing serious.
毫无疑问。伤势并不严重。
简爱He is nervous, his spirits must be kept up. Come, set to work.
他就是神经紧张,得使他打起精神来。来,动手吧。
Mr. Rochester drew back the thick curtain, drew up the holland blind, let in all the daylight he could.
罗切斯特先生拉开厚厚的窗幅,掀起亚麻布窗帘,尽量让月光射进屋来。
And I was surprised and cheered to see how far dawn was advanced.
看到黎明即将来临,我既惊讶又愉快。
What rosy streaks were beginning to brighten the east.
多漂亮的玫瑰色光束正开始照亮东方的天际!
Then he approached Mason, whom the surgeon was already handling.
随后,罗切斯特先生走近梅森,这时外科医生已经在给他治疗了。
"Now, my good fellow, how are you?" he asked.
“喂,我的好家伙,怎么样?”他问道。
"She's done for me, I fear," was the faint reply.
“我怕她已送了我的命了,”那是对方微弱的回答。
Not a whit! Courage! This day fortnight you'll hardly be a pin the worse of it.
那里会呢!拿出勇气来!再过两周你会什么事儿也没有。
You've lost a little blood. That 's all. Carter, assure him there's no danger.
只不过出了点血。卡特,让他放心,不会有危险的。
"I can do that conscientiously," said Carter, who had now undone the bandages.
“我可尽心去做,”卡特说,这会儿他已经打开了绷带。
Only I wish I could have got here sooner.
要是早点赶到这儿该多好。
He would not have bled so much — but how is this?
他就不会流那么多血了 — 这是怎么回事?

分享到
重点单词
  • advancedadj. 高级的,先进的
  • masonn. 泥瓦匠 Mason: 共济会会员
  • surgeonn. 外科医生
  • faintn. 昏厥,昏倒 adj. 微弱的,无力的,模糊的 v.
  • assurevt. 使确信,使放心,确保
  • alertadj. 警觉的,灵敏的 n. 警戒,警报 vt. 警惕
  • curtainn. 窗帘,门帘,幕(布) vt. (用帘)装饰,(以帘