经典文学《简·爱》(MP3+中英字幕) 第515期
日期:2020-01-19 13:49

(单词翻译:单击)

With difficulty I obeyed him.
我困难地照他的话办了。
Presently I stood within that clean, bright kitchen -- on the very hearth -- trembling, sickening;
不久我就站在干净明亮的厨房里了--就在炉子跟前--浑身发抖,病得厉害,
conscious of an aspect in the last degree ghastly, wild, and weather-beaten.
知道自己风吹雨打、精神狂乱,样子极其可怕。
The two ladies, their brother, Mr. St. John, the old servant, were all gazing at me.
两位小姐,她们的哥哥圣·约翰先生和老仆人都呆呆地看着我。
"St. John, who is it?" I heard one ask.
“圣·约翰,这是谁呀?”我听见一个问。
"I cannot tell: I found her at the door," was the reply.
“我说不上来,发现她在门边,”那人回答。
"She does look white," said Hannah.
“她脸色真苍白,”汉娜说。

经典文学《简·爱》

"As white as clay or death," was responded. "She will fall: let her sit."
“色如死灰,”对方回答,“她会倒下的,让她坐着吧。”
And indeed my head swam: I dropped, but a chair received me.
说真的我的脑袋昏昏沉沉的。我倒了下去,但一把椅子接住了我。
I still possessed my senses, though just now I could not speak.
尽管这会儿我说不了话,但神志是清醒的。
"Perhaps a little water would restore her. Hannah, fetch some.
“也许喝点水会使她恢复过来。汉娜,去打点水来吧。
But she is worn to nothing. How very thin, and how very bloodless!"
不过她憔悴得不成样子了。那么瘦,一点血色也没有!”
"A mere spectre!" "Is she ill, or only famished?"
“简直成了个影子。” “她病了,还光是饿坏了?”
"Famished, I think. Hannah, is that milk? Give it me, and a piece of bread."
“我想是饿坏了。汉娜,那可是牛奶,给我吧,再给一片面包。”

分享到