经典文学《简·爱》(MP3+中英字幕) 第493期
日期:2019-12-04 10:05

(单词翻译:单击)

I entered the shop: a woman was there.
我走进了店里,里面有一个女人。
Seeing a respectably-dressed person, a lady as she supposed, she came forward with civility.
她见是一位穿着体面的人,猜想是位贵妇,于是便很有礼貌地走上前来。
How could she serve me? I was seized with shame: my tongue would not utter the request I had prepared.
她怎么来照应我呢?我羞愧难当。我的舌头不愿吐出早已想好的要求。
I dared not offer her the half-worn gloves, the creased handkerchief: besides, I felt it would be absurd.
我不敢拿出旧了的手套,皱巴巴的围巾。另外,我还觉得这很荒唐。
I only begged permission to sit down a moment, as I was tired.
我只求她让我坐一会儿,因为我累了。
Disappointed in the expectation of a customer, she coolly acceded to my request.
她没有盼到一位雇客,很是失望,冷冷地答应了我的要求。
She pointed to a seat; I sank into it.
她指了指一个座位,我一屁股坐了下来。

经典文学《简·爱》

I felt sorely urged to weep; but conscious how unseasonable such a manifestation would be, I restrained it.
我很想哭,但意识到那种表现会不合情理,便忍住了。
Soon I asked her "if there were any dressmaker or plain-workwoman in the village?"
我立刻问她“村子里有没有裁缝或者做做一般针线活的女人?”
"Yes; two or three. Quite as many as there was employment for."
“有,有两三个。按活计算也就够多的了。”
I reflected. I was driven to the point now.
我沉思了一下。现在我不得不直说了。
I was brought face to face with Necessity.
我己经面临困境。
I stood in the position of one without a resource, without a friend, without a coin.
落到了没有食物,没有朋友,没有一文钱的地步。
I must do something. What? I must apply somewhere. Where?
我得想点办法。什么办法呢?我得上什么地方去求助。上哪个地方呢?

分享到