经典文学《简·爱》(MP3+中英字幕) 第458期
日期:2019-10-16 10:51

(单词翻译:单击)

Grace has, on the whole, proved a good keeper;
总的来说,格雷斯证明是个好管家。
though, owing partly to a fault of her own, of which it appears nothing can cure her, and which is incident to her harassing profession,
但多半是因为伴随这折磨人的差事而来,而又无可救药的自身缺陷,
her vigilance has been more than once lulled and baffled.
她不止一次放松警戒,出了事情。
The lunatic is both cunning and malignant;
这个疯子既狡猾又恶毒,
she has never failed to take advantage of her guardian's temporary lapses;
决不放过机会,利用看护人暂时的疏忽。
once to secrete the knife with which she stabbed her brother,
有一次她偷偷拿刀捅了她弟弟,
and twice to possess herself of the key of her cell, and issue therefrom in the night-time.
有两次搞到了她小房间的钥匙,并且夜间从那里走了出来。

经典文学《简·爱》

On the first of these occasions, she perpetrated the attempt to burn me in my bed;
在以上第一个场合,她蓄意把我烧死在床上,
on the second, she paid that ghastly visit to you.
第二次,她找到你门上来了。
I thank Providence, who watched over you, that she then spent her fury on your wedding apparel,
我感谢上帝守护你。随后她把火发在你的婚装上,
which perhaps brought back vague reminiscences of her own bridal days:
那也许使她朦胧地记起了自己当新娘的日子,
but on what might have happened, I cannot endure to reflect.
至于还可能发生什么,我不忍心再回想了。
When I think of the thing which flew at my throat this morning,
当我想起早上扑向我喉咙的东西,
hanging its black and scarlet visage over the nest of my dove, my blood curdles."
想起它把又黑又红的脸凑向我宝贝的窝里时,我的血凝结了。”

分享到