经典文学《简·爱》(MP3+中英字幕) 第384期
日期:2019-05-30 10:49

(单词翻译:单击)

The month of courtship had wasted: its very last hours were being numbered.
一个月的求婚期过去了,只剩下了最后几个小时。
There was no putting off the day that advanced -- the bridal day; and all preparations for its arrival were complete.
结婚的日子已经临近,不会推迟。一切准备工作也已就绪,
I, at least, had nothing more to do:
至少我手头没有别的事儿要干了。
there were my trunks, packed, locked, corded, ranged in a row along the wall of my little chamber;
我的箱子已收拾停当,锁好,捆好,沿小房间的墙根,一字儿摆开,
to-morrow, at this time, they would be far on their road to London:
明天这个时候,这些东西会早已登上去伦敦的旅程,
and so should I (D.V.), -- or rather, not I, but one Jane Rochester, a person whom as yet I knew not.
还有我(如蒙上帝恩允)--或者不如说,不是我而是一位我目前尚不认识的,叫作简·罗切斯特的人。
The cards of address alone remained to nail on: they lay, four little squares, in the drawer.
只有地址标签还没贴上,那四个小方块仍躺在抽屉里。

经典文学《简·爱》

Mr. Rochester had himself written the direction, "Mrs. Rochester, ---- Hotel, London," on each:
罗切斯特先生亲自在每个标签上书写了:“伦敦XX旅馆罗切斯特太太”这几个字。
I could not persuade myself to affix them, or to have them affixed.
我无法让自己或者别人把它们贴上去。
Mrs. Rochester! She did not exist: she would not be born till to-morrow, some time after eight o'clock a.m.;
罗切斯特太太!她并不存在,要到明天八点钟后的某个时候才降生,
and I would wait to be assured she had come into the world alive before I assigned to her all that property.
我得等到完全相信她已经活生生地来到这个世界时,才把那份财产划归她。
It was enough that in yonder closet, opposite my dressing-table,
在我梳妆台对面的衣柜里,
garments said to be hers had already displaced my black stuff Lowood frock and straw bonnet:
一些据说是她的衣物,已经取代了她罗沃德的黑呢上衣和草帽。
for not to me appertained that suit of wedding raiment;
这已经是足够的了,因为那套婚礼服,
the pearl-coloured robe, the vapoury veil pendent from the usurped portmanteau.
以及垂挂在临时占用的钩子上的珠白色长袍和簿雾似的面纱,本不属于她的。
I shut the closet to conceal the strange, wraith-like apparel it contained;
我关上了衣柜,隐去了里面幽灵似的奇装异服。
which, at this evening hour -- nine o'clock -- gave out certainly a most ghostly shimmer through the shadow of my apartment.
在晚间九点这个时辰,这些衣着在我房间的暗影里,发出了阴森森的微光。
"I will leave you by yourself, white dream," I said.
“我要让你独个儿留着,白色的梦幻,”我说。
"I am feverish: I hear the wind blowing: I will go out of doors and feel it."
“我兴奋难耐,我听见风在劲吹,我要出门去感受一下。”

分享到
重点单词
  • concealvt. 隐藏,隐瞒,掩盖
  • rown. 排,船游,吵闹 vt. 划船,成排 vi. 划船,
  • persuadevt. 说服,劝说
  • assuredadj. 确实的,保障的,有自信的 动词assure的过
  • advancedadj. 高级的,先进的
  • affixv. 使 ... 附于,署名,粘贴
  • addressn. 住址,致词,讲话,谈吐,(处理问题的)技巧 vt.
  • veiln. 面纱,掩饰物,修女 vt. 给 ... 戴面纱或面
  • shadown. 阴影,影子,荫,阴暗,暗处 vt. 投阴影于,跟踪
  • containedadj. 泰然自若的,从容的;被控制的 v. 包含;遏制