(单词翻译:单击)
"I don't understand it," Clara Dunn said. "Why did Ben kill Alan Maurie?"
克拉拉·邓恩说:“我不明白,本为什么要杀艾伦·毛里?”
We were at Clara Dunn's house the next day. The police had come to the house and arrested Ben.
第二天我们去了克拉拉·邓恩的家 。警察已经来到这所房子并逮捕了本 。
We went to see Professor Dunn to let her know that the murderer had been caught and that the police no longer suspected her.
我们去找邓恩教授,让她知道凶手已经被抓获,警察也不再怀疑她了 。
Uncle Jeff explained, "Ben is a brilliant student, but he made a big mistake.
杰夫叔叔解释说:“本是个聪明的学生,但他犯了一个大错误 。
He plagiarized his thesis. He wanted the scholarship to Berkeley very badly,
他剽窃别人的论文 。他急切想拿到伯克利的奖学金,
so badly that he stole another student's work and called it his own.
他偷了另一个学生的作业,并称之为自己的 。
He took material from an old thesis, one written by a student who had graduated years ago.
论文的材料是从多年前毕业的一名学生的论文中提取的 。
As soon as I looked at Ben's thesis, I knew what he had done."
我一看本的论文就知道 。”
"How did you know?" Professor Dunn asked.
“你怎么知道的?”邓恩教授问道 。
"The student whose work he stole was one of my former students," he said.
“他偷作品的那个人是我以前的学生,”他说 。
"I recognized the research right away. And, unfortunately, so did Dean Maurie.
我马上就认出了这项研究 。不幸的是,毛里院长也是 。
The dean threatened to expose Ben, to tell the university that he had cheated.
院长威胁要揭发本,告诉学校他作弊了 。
Maybe he tried to blackmail Ben, too.
也许他也想勒索本 。