(单词翻译:单击)
After an hour of studying with Sydney,
和西德尼一起学习一个小时后,
I went to see Ben. Ben is a really good student. In fact, he's brilliant.
我去看本,本真的是个好学生,事实上,他很聪明 。
He finished his bachelor's degree two years ago and is now finishing his master's.
两年前,本大学本科毕业,现在正在忙着硕士毕业 。
He already has a full scholarship to the University of California at Berkeley,
他已经获得了加州大学伯克利分校的全额奖学金,
one of the best universities in the country, to get his Ph.D. degree after he graduates from here.
而这所学校是美国最好的大学之一,毕业之后,本就要攻读博士学位了 。
I have known Ben for three years.
我认识本有三年了 。
When I was in high school,
高中的时候,
the school matched students interested in going to the university with students who were already studying there.
学校把有兴趣上这所大学的学生和已经在大学就读的学生组成一对 。
That way, they could mentor us and help us do the right things to get into college.
这样,在校的学生就可以指导我们正确备考,进入这所大学 。
I was matched with Ben and we've stayed in touch ever since.
我和本组成了一对,从那以后我们一直保持联系 。
Since it was the middle of the afternoon,
下午三点左右,
I decided to go to the psychology department to see if he was still at work.
我决定去心理学系看看他是否还在工作 。
I walked into the psychology department's main office.
我走进心理系办公室,
I walked into the lobby and could see that there were a lot of smaller offices down a hallway to the left.
进入大厅,看到走廊左边有很多小的办公室 。
That must be where the professors and the dean have their offices, I thought.
我想,那一定是教授和院长办公的地方 。