(单词翻译:单击)
With the help of an old friend at the university, Uncle Jeff got Professor Marcelo's home address.
在一位大学老朋友的帮助下,杰夫叔叔得到了马塞洛教授的家庭住址 。
She and her husband lived in a neighborhood called the Hollywood Hills, a part of the city with some very expensive homes.
她和丈夫住在好莱坞山庄,这里属于高档住宅区 。
We drove up the hill on a narrow, winding road.
我们沿着一条狭窄曲折的路驱车上山 。
"There it is. That's 9808 Sandoval Street," I said, pointing to one of the houses.
“就是那儿,桑多瓦尔街9808号,我指着其中一幢房子说道 。
It was much smaller than the ones around it. It looked like an old house, too.
它比周围的房子小得多,看起来有些年代了 。
When we got out of the car, we saw a woman in jeans and a t-shirt kneeling on the ground.
下了车,我们看到一个穿着牛仔裤和t恤的女人跪在地上 。
She wore gardening gloves and a big hat.
她戴着园艺手套和一顶大帽子 。
When she saw us getting out of the car, she stood up.
她看到我们下车,站了起来 。
I had heard of Diana Marcelo. She was one of the most well known economists in the country.
我听说过戴安娜·马塞洛 。她是这个国家最著名的经济学家之一 。
But I had never seen her face, so I wasn't prepared when she took off her hat and smiled at us.
但我从未见过她,所以当她脱下帽子对我们微笑时,我没有认出来 。
She was one of the most beautiful women I had ever seen.
她是我见过的最漂亮的女人之一,
She was about five feet, five inches tall and thin, but with the right curves.
大约五尺五高,很瘦,但身材很好 。
She had shoulder-length, dark brown hair, blue eyes, and a delicate face.
齐肩的长发,深棕的发色,蓝眼睛,一张精致的脸 。
She looked like an angel that Michaelango might have painted.
看起来就像米高安哲奴画里的天使 。