(单词翻译:单击)
Even I could see that the blood was fresh.
我甚至都能看出血是鲜红的 。
That's Dean Maurie, I thought.
那是毛里院长,我想 。
Then I corrected myself. That was Dean Maurie.
然后我确认了一下,是毛里院长没错 。
He was dead, but he hadn't been dead for long.
毛里院长死了,但死没多久 。
"Clara. Clara!" my uncle said to Professor Dunn.
“克拉拉,克拉拉”!叔叔对邓恩教授说 。
She stopped rocking. She looked up at him, but didn't seem to see him.
邓恩教授停止了摇摆,抬头看着杰夫叔叔,但似乎没看见他 。
Then I saw what was in her hand. She was holding a statue.
接着我看到她手里拿着什么东西,她拿着一尊雕像 。
It was made of green stone in the shape of a Greek goddess. It was about 1 4 inches long.
这尊雕像是由希腊女神形状的绿色石头制成,大约14英寸长 。
It was also covered with blood.
上面也沾满了鲜血 。
My uncle bent down and took the statue from her hands. Professor Dunn let it go easily.
杰夫叔叔弯下腰,从她手中夺走了雕像,邓恩教授很容易地松了手 。
Uncle Jeff set it down on the desk and then went back to Clara Dunn.
杰夫叔叔把它放在桌子上,然后来到克拉拉·邓恩身边 。
He took her hands and gently pulled her to her feet.
杰夫叔叔拉着邓恩教授的手,轻轻地拉她站了起来 。
She got up without protest and my uncle led her to her office next door.
邓恩教授毫无反抗地站了起来,叔叔把她带到隔壁的办公室,
He sat her down in her office chair.
让她坐在办公室的椅子上 。
He pulled up a chair and sat down next to her.
杰夫叔叔拉过一把椅子,坐在她旁边 。
"Clara, tell me what happened," he said to her.
“克拉拉,告诉我发生了什么事,”叔叔对她说道 。
Her eyes were still unfocused and she looked at the blank wall across from her as she spoke.
邓恩教授说话时看着对面那堵空白的墙,眼睛仍然没有集中 。
"I didn't mean to do it," she said. "I didn't mean to do it."
“我不是故意的,”她说 。“我不是故意的 。”