(单词翻译:单击)
The next day was Saturday. I had planned to get up early, but when I looked at the clock, it was already 9:30.
第二天是星期六 。我本打算早起的,一看表,已经九点半了 。
For a long time now, I'd been trying to get up early like Uncle Jeff.
很长时间以来,我一直试图像杰夫叔叔那样早起 。
He normally gets up at 6:30 to lift weights and to go running.
他通常六点半起床举重和跑步 。
For a man in his mid-40s, he was in great shape, certainly better than I was.
对于一个40多岁的男人来说,他的身材保持的很好,肯定比我好 。
I was a little taller, just over six feet, but he was built like a football player.
我比他高六尺,但他的身型和足球运动员差不多 。
In a one-on-one fight, I'd bet on him to win.
单挑的话,我打赌他会赢 。
I went into the kitchen after brushing my teeth. I was really hungry.
刷完牙后我走进厨房,我真的很饿 。
I was glad to see Uncle Jeff at the kitchen table eating breakfast.
我很高兴看到杰夫叔叔在餐桌上吃早餐 。
Maybe I hadn't missed anything by getting up late.
起晚了兴许我还没错过什么 。
"I'm glad I'm not the only one who slept in," I said to him.
“我很高兴我不是唯一一个睡过头的人,”我对他说 。
"Actually, I've been up since 6:00. I went to the police station to check on Clara."
“事实上,我6点就起了,我到警察局去看克拉拉 。”
I should have known. "How is she?" I asked.
我早该知道 。“她怎么样?”我问 。
"They wouldn't let me see her, but I ran into Sergeant Montoya.
“他们不让我见她,但我遇到了队长蒙托亚 。
Do you remember her?" he asked me.
你还记得她吗?”他问我 。
"Sure. She was the detective who investigated the case last month.
“当然 。她就是上个月调查这个案件的警官 。
What did she tell you?"
她和你说了些什么?”