(单词翻译:单击)
"Congratulations on the scholarship.
“祝贺你获得奖学金,
Let me know when you have some free time. We'll go out and celebrate," I said.
有空的时候告诉我一声,我们出去庆祝一下,”我说 。
"Listen, Ben, the reason I'm here is that I need some information."
“听着,本,我来这里是因为我需要掌握一些信息 。”
"Information? Sure. What do you need?"
“信息?当然可以,你需要什么信息?”
I got up and closed the office door.
我站起来,关上门 。
"I need some background information on Dean Maurie," I said.
“我需要一些关于毛里院长的背景信息,”我说 。
Ben looked uncomfortable and didn't say anything for a minute.
本看上去很不自在,一分钟没说一句话 。
"Why?" he said finally.
“为什么?”他最后说道 。
"I can't tell you right now, but it's important," I told him.
“我现在不能告诉你,但这很重要,”我告诉本 。
"I'm trying to find out if the dean has any enemies.
“我想知道院长是不是什么仇人 。
Has he had problems with anyone lately?"
他最近和谁有过恩怨吗?”
"Well...I feel strange talking about the dean," Ben said.
“嗯……我感觉谈论院长很奇怪 。”本说 。
"He's my boss and he's helped me a lot."
“他是我的老板,他帮了我很多 。”
"Ben, all I can tell you is that I'm trying to help him, not hurt him. I promise you that."
“本,我只能告诉你,我是在帮助他,而不是伤害他,我向你保证 。”
"Well, I guess I can tell you what I know," he said.
“好吧,我想我可以告诉你我所知道的,”他说 。
"Enemies? I don't know if they are enemies,
“仇人?我不知道他们是不是敌人,
but there are at least two people who have had problems with him lately—personal problems."
但至少有两个人最近和他有过冲突——个人恩怨 。”