(单词翻译:单击)
"Please go on, Clara," Uncle Jeff said. "You were telling us about some letters."
“请您接着说,”杰夫叔叔说道 。“你刚才提到几封信 。”
Clara Dunn looked at her hands and sighed. She looked tired.
克拉拉·邓恩看着她的双手,叹了口气,她看起来很累 。
"Yes, letters," said Professor Dunn. "As you know, I now work at California University.
“是的,信 。”邓恩教授说,“如你所知,我现在在加利福尼亚大学工作,
I have worked in the psychology department for about three years.
我在心理学系工作了三年左右 。
Last year, I was promoted and became the assistant dean of the College."
去年,我被提升为学院的副院长 。”
She continued, "The dean—Alan Maurie—is in charge, of course.
她接着说道:“院长当然是——艾伦·毛里——负责 。
And he likes being the boss and doing things his way.
他喜欢当老板,按照自己的方式做事 。
But he isn't good at the day-today details and I help him run the College.
但他不擅长处理细节,我帮他管理学院 。
It's a big job, but I've enjoyed it. Until recently."
这个工作很庞大,但我很喜欢,一直到最近 。”
"About three weeks ago, Dean Maurie received an anonymous letter.
大约三周前,毛里院长收到了一封匿名信 。
Since there was no name on it, we don't know who sent it."
因为上面没有名字,我们不知道是谁寄来的 。
Uncle Jeff asked, "What did the letter say?"
杰夫叔叔问:“信上说了什么?”
"It just said: ‘You will die soon,'" Professor Dunn said.
“信上只说:‘你很快就会死’,”邓恩教授说 。
"What did the dean say when he got the letter?" Uncle Jeff wanted to know.
“院长收到信后说了什么?”杰夫叔叔想知道 。