(单词翻译:单击)
After dinner, Uncle Jeff walked Aunt April to the front door.
晚饭后,杰夫叔叔把爱普莉姨妈送到前门,
He helped her put on her expensive white fur coat.
帮她穿上昂贵的白色裘皮大衣 。
I was in the kitchen cleaning up, but the kitchen door was open and I heard a little of their conversation.
我正在厨房打扫卫生,但厨房门开着,我听到了一点他们的谈话 。
"Darling, I want you to be careful. I don't like you running around trying to stop murderers, just like a policeman.
“亲爱的,你要当心,我不喜欢你像警察一样,东奔西跑的抓凶手 。
It's not right. It's too dangerous. You should…"
那样不好,太危险了,你应该……”
"April, I know you're worried," Uncle Jeff said.
“爱普莉,我知道你很担心,”杰夫叔叔说 。
"I'm not trying to be a policeman. I was just helping a friend.
“我不是想当警察,我只是在帮一个朋友 。
I got lucky and found out some useful information that helped the police catch the killer.
我很幸运,发现了一些有用的信息,帮助警察抓住了凶手 。
I wasn't in any danger. That's all it was. Don't believe everything you read in the newspaper."
我没有任何危险,这是真的,不要相信你在报纸上看到的 。”
"Still, Jeff darling, I worry about the boy. Maybe you should think about him moving in with me.
“亲爱的杰夫,我还是很担心德里克,也许你应该考虑让他搬来和我住 。
I know we've talked about it before, but now that you're mixed up in crime...," Aunt April said.
我知道我们以前讨论过这个问题,但现在你卷入犯罪案件…”爱普莉姨妈说道 。
"Thank you, April. I know you love Derrick and want the best for him. I do, too. Let's talk about it later, okay?"
“谢谢你,爱普莉,我知道你爱德里克,想给他最好的,我也是,这件事儿我们以后再谈,好吗?”
"Okay, Jeff, but if anything bad happens to that boy…"
“好吧,杰夫,但如果德里克出了什么事……”
"I know, April, I know."
“我知道,爱普莉,我了解 。”