(单词翻译:单击)
Don't get me wrong. My uncle isn't poor. He makes pretty good money from the books he writes.
别误会,我的叔叔不穷,他写书赚了不少钱 。
But he has simple needs and we live simple lives.
但他的需求简单,我们过着简单的生活 。
My mother was the youngest child in her family and was a teacher, so she and Uncle Jeff had more in common.
我的母亲在家里年龄最小,是一名老师,所以她和杰夫叔叔的共同点更多一些 。
They had a lot to talk about and were good friends. Aunt April lived in another world.
他们有很多话可以谈,是好朋友,而爱普莉姨妈生活在另一个世界 。
Aunt April thought that my parents didn't trust her to raise me.
爱普莉姨妈认为我父母不信任她来抚养我 。
But I think my mother just knew that I loved Uncle Jeff and he loved me.
但是我想我母亲知道我爱杰夫叔叔,杰夫叔叔也爱我 。
And we got along very well. We think alike, even though we look nothing alike.
我们相处得很好,我们的想法差不多,尽管我们看起来一点都不像 。
I'm tall and have thick, black hair and brown eyes like my father, and Uncle Jeff has wavy,
我和父亲一样个头很高,有一头浓密的黑发,一双棕色的眼睛,杰夫叔叔和我母亲一样有着
light brown hair and green eyes like my mother.
一头浅棕色的卷发,一双绿色的眼睛 。
And even though I'm 19 years old, Aunt April thinks I'm still 14. She likes to tell Uncle Jeff and me what to do.
尽管我已经19岁了,艾普莉姨妈认为我还是14岁 。她喜欢告诉杰夫叔叔和我该做什么 。
That's why I wasn't looking forward to the dinner.
这就是我不期待晚餐的原因 。
"Hey, look where you're going! You almost hit me!" I was parking my car in the parking lot at the university.
“嘿,你要去哪里!”你差点撞到我!”我正把车停在学校的停车场 。
I was thinking so much about Aunt April that I didn't see the girl walking in front of me.
我一直在想爱普莉姨妈,所以没看到走在我前面的女孩 。