柯登吐槽川普在大英帝国不讨喜
日期:2018-02-28 07:41

(单词翻译:单击)

 MP3点击下载
7VL7Y=do4o)G&g5trVom%;h~gs)|X;0

Ladies and gentlemen, Time Magazine has officially declared their person of the year for 2015.
女士们先生们 时代杂志已经宣布了2015年的年度人物
And that person is German Chancellor Angela Merkel.
她就是德国总理安吉拉·默克尔
Yeah. This is big news, it really is.
这是件大事 真的
Because Time Magazine hasn't picked a German leader since—
因为自从发生了一件事之后 他们就再也没选过德国领导人上杂志封面
Let's just say it's been a while.
什么事就不说了吧
It must have been bittersweet for Angela.
对于安吉拉来说 这件事是个好事 又不是件好事
Because on the one hand, she's just received a highly prestigious honor from Time Magazine.
因为一方面 时代杂志给了她极高的赞誉
On the other hand, this was the picture that they used for the cover.
另一方面 他们用在封面上的是这张照片
I mean, what the hell, Time?
什么鬼啊 时代杂志
What's that? It looks like Nick Nolte's mug shot.
什么啊 看起来像是尼克·诺尔第的嫌疑人照片一样
Come on! She is a beautiful woman!
拜托 她很漂亮的好吗
Not everyone is happy about this choice.
并不是每个人都很满意时代杂志的选择

qAcGQfoCYrZ6pc1s^]]H

柯登吐槽川普在大英帝国不讨喜

+_.b9FA]pD2

Because this morning Donald Trump tweeted—
因为今天上午唐纳德·特朗普发推说——
I told you Time Magazine would never pick me as person of the year despite being the big favorite.
我早就说过时代杂志绝对不会选我当年度人物 尽管他们很想选我
They picked the person who is ruining Germany.
他们选了一个即将毁掉德国的人
First of all, I don't think you want to go on record saying I liked the old Germany better!
首先 我猜你应该不想被别人抓住说你还是比较喜欢原来的那个德国
Also, I love that Trump goes, I told you Time Magazine would never pick me.
我很喜欢特朗普说 我早就跟你们说过时代杂志绝对不会选我
You don't get to brag about not winning, just because you predicted it.
成功预言了自己的失败 也没什么好得意的吧
That would be like if last Sunday Tom Brady was like, see, I told you we'd lose to the eagles!
感觉就像上周日 汤姆·布莱迪说 看到了吧 我早就说过我们赢不了老鹰队吧
Did I call it or did I call it?
我说过的吧
Everyone said we'd win, but I was like, nuh-uh, no way man.
大家都说我们会赢的时候 我说的是 不不不 没可能的
But it seems like Trump has been even more obnoxious than usual lately.
但好像最近 特朗普变得更讨厌了
Because during an interview with Barbara Walters,
因为在跟芭芭拉·华特参加一次采访时
Trump claimed he's the worst thing to ever happen to ISIS.
他说他是对ISIS而言最可怕的东西
Personally I feel he could have ended that sentence before the words to ISIS.
我个人感觉去掉“对ISIS而言”这几个字也没什么问题
But it's a common thing because everybody has been hating on Trump.
但这也很正常 人人都讨厌特朗普嘛
Even J.K. Rowling, the author of the Harry Potter books got in on the action saying that Donald Trump is worse than Voldemort.
甚至连《哈利波特》的作者JK·罗琳都说 唐纳德·特朗普比伏地魔更可恶
I mean if Trump is basically Voldemort, then I guess Hillary Clinton would be Hermione,
我觉得如果特朗普是伏地魔的话 那希拉里·克林顿就是赫尔迈厄尼
Chris Christie would be Hagrid and Rick Santorum would be Colin Creevey.
克里斯·克里斯蒂就是海格 而里克·桑托勒姆就是柯林·克利维
Oh, you don't know who Colin Creevey is? No.
你们都不知道柯林·克利维是谁吗 不知道
Do you know who Rick Santorum is? No.
里克·桑托勒姆也不知道 不知道
Well, that's my point. Exactly.
这就是我要的效果
And of course Bernie Sanders is like Dumbledore, not because they look alike,
伯尼·桑德斯就是邓布利多 不是因为他们长相相似
just because they both graduated college together back in the year 1784.
而是因为他们都是1784年从学校毕业的
But J.K. Rowling isn't the only Brit who has a problem with Donald Trump.
但JK·罗琳并不是唯一一个讨厌唐纳德·特朗普的英国人
Trump's comments advocating a ban on Muslims from entering the U.S. has created an international outcry.
特朗普的禁穆令在全世界都引起了巨大的反响
In Britain, over 150,000 people have signed a petition to ban Trump from entering the United Kingdom. I know.
在英国 有超过15万人签署了请愿书 表示不希望特朗普进入英国
It is an incredibly British way to be angry at someone, isn't it?
这绝对是一种很正宗的英国人表达对某人的反感时的做法 不是吗
We don't care for your behavior,
我们看不惯你的做法 
so we've placed a number of signatures just underneath a strongly worded letter.
就在一封语气强烈的请愿书上签名
Here's the thing, back home in Britain,
是这样 在我们英国 
things are a little different from here in the U.S. we have different names for things.
很多事情跟美国是不一样的 对同一件东西 我们有不同的叫法
Like, we call fries chips, we call elevators lifts,
比如 我们管薯条叫薯片 管电梯叫扶梯 
and we call Donald Trump a complete nightmare.
管唐纳德·特朗普叫彻头彻尾的噩梦

lXFD~pY1=qY)!lcbOi[b+#[!n2dQ7YGuqmEId)@N6S;tgj7jKo6
分享到