Playing with Fire 玩儿火
日期:2017-09-11 16:54

(单词翻译:单击)

 MP3点击下载

Welcome to English @ the Movies, where we teach you American English heard at the movies.
欢迎来到《看电影学英语》节目,我们在这里教授你在电影中听到的美式英语。
Today's phrase is "playing with fire," from the movie Misconduct.
今天的短语是playing with fire,出自电影《渎职》。
This is a drama about a young lawyer who has taken on a big case.
这是一部关于一位年轻律师接到大案子的电影。
He is up against powerful man and finds him involved in a criminal case.
他奋起反抗有权威的人,却发现自己卷入了一宗刑事案件中。
Watch for the phrase "playing with fire."
留意一下playing with fire这个短语。
We can go after Denning personally, for fraud.
我们能对丹宁个人提出欺诈指控。
You're going to accuse a man worth 8.5 billion dollars of manipulating drug trials.
你要指控这个身家85亿的人操纵药品临床试验数据。
Yes, sir. You are playing with fire.
是的,先生。你这是在玩儿火。

电影《渎职》

So what does that mean "playing with fire?"
那么,Playing with fire这个短语是什么意思呢?
He is turning up the heat or he is doing something dangerous?
是他在调高温度还是他正在做危险的事?
Listen again and see if you are correct.
再听一遍,看看你的理解是否正确。
We can go after Denning personally, for fraud.
我们能对丹宁个人提出欺诈指控。
You're going to accuse a man worth 8.5 billion dollars of manipulating drug trials.
你要指控这个身家85亿的人操纵药品临床试验数据。
Yes, sir. You are playing with fire.
是的,先生。你这是在玩儿火。
Playing with fire means you are doing something dangerous.
Playing with fire意指你在做危险的事。
You are taking a risk and you could get into trouble.
你正顶着风险,而这可能让你卷入麻烦之中。
When you are "playing with fire," you are taking a chance.
如果你在玩儿火,那么你就是在冒险。
You could be ok, or seriously hurt. It could go either way.
你可能会毫发无损,也可能重伤。两种情况都有可能。
And that is English @ the Movie. I'm Ambor.
以上就是今天的《看电影学英语》,我是安博尔。

分享到