世界上最伟大的推销员(MP3+中英字幕) 第32期:饮下成功的种子
日期:2016-03-11 16:43

(单词翻译:单击)

First, I will read the words in silence when I arise.

清晨即起,默默诵读;

Then, I will read the words in silence

午饭之后,

after I have partaken of my midday meal.

再次默读;

Last, I will read the words again

夜晚睡前,

just before I retire at day's end,

我还会再朗读一遍

tuixiao803.jpg

and most important,

不同的是

on this occasion I will read the words aloud.

高声朗读。

On the next day I will repeat this procedure,

第二天的情形完全一样。

and I will continue in like manner for thirty days.

这样重复三十天后,

Then, I will turn to the next scroll

就可以打开下一卷了。

and repeat this procedure for another thirty days.

每一卷都依照同样的方法读上三十天,

I will continue in this manner

久而久之,

until I have lived with each scroll for thirty days and my reading has become habit.

它们就成为一种习惯了。

And what will be accomplished with this habit?

这些习惯有什么好处呢?
Herein lies the hidden secret of all man's accomplishments.

这里隐含着人类成功的秘诀。

As I repeat the words dally

当我每天重复这些话的时候,

they will soon become a part of my active mind,

它变成了我精神活动的一部分,

but more important,

更重要的是,

they will also seep into my other mind,

它们渗入我的心灵。

that mysterious source which never sleeps, which creates my dreams,

拥是个神秘的世界,永不静止,创造梦境,

and often makes me act in ways I do not comprehend.

在不知不觉中影响我的行为。

As the words of these scrolls are consumed by my mysterious mind

当这些羊皮卷上的文字,被我奇妙的心灵完全吸收之后,

I will begin to awake, each morning, with a vitality I have never known before,

我每天都会充满活力地醒来。我从来没有这样精力充沛过。

My vigor will increase,

我更有活力,

my enthusiasm will rise,

更有热情,

my desire to meet the world will overcome every fear I once knew at sunrise,

要向世界挑战的欲望克服了一切恐惧与不安。

and I will be happier than I ever believed it possible to be

在这个充满争斗和悲伤的世界里,

in this world of strife and sorrow.

我竟然比以前更快活。

Eventually

最后,

I will find myself reacting to all situations which confront me as I was commanded in the scrolls to react,

我会发现自己有了应付一切情况的办法。

and soon these actions and reactions will become easy to perform, for any act with practice becomes easy.

不久,这些办法就能运用自如。因为,任何方法,只要多练习,就会变得简单易行。

Thus a new and good habit is born,

经过多次重复,一种看似复杂的行为就变得轻而易举,

for when an act becomes easy through constant repetition

实行起来,

it becomes a pleasure to perform

就会有无限的乐趣,

and if it is a pleasure to perform

有了乐趣,

it is man's nature to perform it often.

出于人之天性,

When I perform it often

我就更乐意常去实行。

it becomes a habit

于是,一种好的习惯便诞生了。

and I become its slave

习惯成为自然。

and since it is a good habit

既是一种好的习惯,

this is my will.

也就是我的意愿。

Today I begin a new life.

今天,我开始新的生活.

And I make a solemn oath to myself

我郑重地发誓,

that, nothing will retard my new life's growth.

绝不让任何事情妨碍我新生命的成长。

I will lose not a day from these readings

在阅读这些羊卷的时候,我绝不浪费一天的时间,

for that day cannot be retrieved nor can I substitute another for it.

因为时光一去不返,失去的日子是无法弥补的。

I must not, I will not, break this habit of daily reading from these scrolls and, in truth,

我也绝不打破每天阅读的习惯。事实上,

the few moments spent each day on this new habit

每天在这些新习惯上花费少许时间,

are but a small price to pay for the happiness and success that will be mine.

相对于可能获得的愉乐与成功而言,只是微不足道的代价。

As I read and re-read the words in the scrolls to follow,

当我阅读羊皮卷中的字句时,

never will I allow the brevity of each scroll

绝不能出为文字的精炼

nor the simplicity of its words to cause me to treat the scroll's message lightly.

而忽视内容的深沉。

Thousands of grapes are pressed to fill one jar with wine,

一瓶葡萄美酒需要千百颗果子酿制而成,

and the grape skin and pulp are tossed to the birds.

果皮和渣子抛给小鸟。

So it is with these grapes of wisdom from the ages.

葡萄的智慧代代相传,

Much has been filtered and tossed to the wind.

有些被过滤,有些被淘汰,随风飘逝。

Only the pure truth lies distilled in the words to come.

只有纯正的真理才是永恒的。

I will drink as instructed and spill not a drop.

它们就精炼在我要阅读的文字中。

And the seed of success

我要依照指示,

I will swallow.

绝不浪费,饮下成功的种子。

Today my old skin has become as dust.

今天,我的老茧化为尘埃。

I will walk tall among men and they will know me not,

我在人群中昂首阔步,不会有人认出我来,

for today I am a new man,

因为我不再是过去的自己,

with a new life.

我已拥有新的生命。

分享到
重点单词
  • mysteriousadj. 神秘的,不可思议的
  • seepv. 渗出,渗漏 n. 渗漏,小泉,水(油)坑
  • confrontvt. 面临,对抗,遭遇
  • reactvt. 作出反应 vi. 起反应,起作用,反攻
  • scrolln. 卷轴,目录 v. 卷动
  • spillv. 溢出,洒,使 ... 流出,泄漏 n. 溢出,流
  • accomplishedadj. 娴熟的,有造诣的,完成的,有成就的,毫无疑问的
  • solemnadj. 庄严的,严肃的,隆重的
  • vitalityn. 活力,生命力
  • dallyvi. 戏耍,玩弄,赋闲,调情