经典文学《简·爱》(MP3+中英字幕) 第32期
日期:2015-11-16 16:23

(单词翻译:单击)

"How dare you affirm that, Jane Eyre?"

"你怎么敢说这话,简·爱?"
"How dare I, Mrs. Reed? How dare I? Because it is the truth.
"我怎么敢,里德太太,我怎么敢,因为这是事实。
You think I have no feelings, and that I can do without one bit of love or kindness, but I cannot live so, and you have no pity.
以为我不需要一点抚爱或亲情就可以打发日子。可是我不能这么生活。还有,你没有怜悯之心。
I shall remember how you thrust me back — roughly and violently thrust me back — into the red-room, and locked me up there, to my dying day.
我会记住你怎么推搡我,粗暴地把我弄进红房子,锁在里面,我到死都不会忘记。
Though I was in agony; though I cried out, while suffocating with distress, 'Have mercy! Have mercy, Aunt Reed!'
尽管我很痛苦,尽管我一面泣不成声,一面叫喊,‘可怜可怜吧!可怜可怜我吧,里德舅妈!
And that punishment you made me suffer because your wicked boy struck me — knocked me down for nothing.
还有你强加于我的惩罚。完全是因为你那可恶的孩子打了我,无缘无故把我打倒在地。

u=1258748264,4033336760&fm=21&gp=0.jpg

I will tell anybody who asks me questions, this exact tale.
我要把事情的经过,原原本本告诉每个问我的人。
People think you a good woman, but you are bad, hard- hearted. You are deceitful!"
人们满以为你是个好女人,其实你很坏,你心肠很狠。你自己才骗人呢!"
Ere I had finished this reply, my soul began to expand, to exult, with the strangest sense of freedom, of triumph, I ever felt.
我还没有回答完,内心便已开始感到舒畅和喜悦了,那是一种前所未有的奇怪的自由感和胜利感。
It seemed as if an invisible bond had burst, and that I had struggled out into unhoped-for liberty.
无形的束缚似乎己被冲破,我争得了始料未及的自由。
Not without cause was this sentiment.
这种情感不是无故泛起的。
Mrs. Reed looked frightened.
因为里德太太看来慌了神。
Her work had slipped from her knee.
活儿从她的膝头滑落。
She was lifting up her hands, rocking herself to and fro, and even twisting her face as if she would cry.
她举起双手,身子前后摇晃着,甚至连脸也扭曲了,她仿佛要哭出来了。
"Jane, you are under a mistake. What is the matter with you?
"简,你搞错了,你怎么了?
Why do you tremble so violently? Would you like to drink some water?"
怎么抖得那么厉害?想喝水吗?"
"No, Mrs. Reed."
"不,里德太太。"
"Is there anything else you wish for, Jane? I assure you, I desire to be your friend."
"你想要什么别的吗,简,说实在的,我希望成为你的朋友。"
"Not you. You told Mr. Brocklehurst I had a bad character, a deceitful disposition.
"你才不会呢。你对布罗克赫斯待先生说我品质恶劣,欺骗成性。
And I'll let everybody at Lowood know what you are, and what you have done."
那我就要让罗沃德的每个人都知道你的为人和你干的好事。"
"Jane, you don't understand these things. Children must be corrected for their faults."
"简,这些事儿你不理解,孩子们有缺点应该得到纠正。"
"Deceit is not my fault!" I cried out in a savage, high voice.
"欺骗不是我的缺点!"我发疯似的大叫一声。
"But you are passionate, Jane, that you must allow, and now return to the nursery — there's a dear — and lie down a little."
"但是你好意气用事,简,这你必须承认。现在回到保育室去吧,乖乖,躺一会儿。"
"I am not your dear. I cannot lie down. Send me to school soon, Mrs. Reed, for I hate to live here."
"我不是你乖乖,我不能躺下,快些送我到学校去吧,里德太太,因为我讨厌住在这儿。"
"I will indeed send her to school soon," murmured Mrs. Reed sotto voce.
"我真的要快送她去上学了,"里德太太轻声嘀咕着。
And gathering up her work, she abruptly quitted the apartment.
收拾好针线活,蓦地走出出了房间。
I was left there alone — winner of the field.
我孤零零地站那里,成了战场上的胜利者。
It was the hardest battle I had fought, and the first victory I had gained.
这是我所经历的最艰难的—场战斗,也是我第一次获得胜利。
I stood awhile on the rug, where Mr. Brocklehurst had stood, and I enjoyed my conqueror's solitude.
我在布罗克赫斯特先生站站过的地毯上站了一会,沉缅于征服者的孤独。

分享到
重点单词
  • thrustn. 推力,刺,力推 v. 插入,推挤,刺
  • affirmvt. 证实,断言,肯定 vi. 断言,申明
  • deceitfuladj. 欺诈的,欺骗的
  • conquerorn. 征服者,胜利者
  • agonyn. 极度的痛苦,挣扎
  • understandvt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为
  • deceitn. 欺骗,诡计,不诚实
  • expandv. 增加,详述,扩展,使 ... 膨胀, vi. (谈
  • faultn. 缺点,过失,故障,毛病,过错,[地]断层 vt.
  • solituden. 孤独 独居,荒僻之地,幽静的地方