经典文学《简·爱》(MP3+中英字幕) 第289期
日期:2018-12-06 10:13

(单词翻译:单击)

Bessie restored to me my bonnet, etc. , and, accompanied by her, I quitted the lodge for the hall.
贝茜把帽子等还给我,我由她陪着出了门房上府宅去。
It was also accompanied by her that I had, nearly nine years ago, walked down the path I was now ascending.
差不多九年之前我也是由她这么陪着,从我此刻登上的小径走下来的。
On a dark, misty, raw morning in January, I had left a hostile roof with a desperate and embittered heart
一月的某个灰暗阴冷、雾气弥漫的早晨,我带着绝望和痛苦的心情
a sense of outlawry and almost of reprobation
一种被放逐和几乎是被抛弃的感觉,
to seek the chilly harbourage of Lowood, that bourne so far away and unexplored.
离开了这个仇视我的家,去寻找罗沃德阴冷的避风港,那个遥远而陌生的地方。
The same hostile roof now again rose before me.
此刻我面前又出现了同一个仇视我的家。
My prospects were doubtful yet, and I had yet an aching heart.
我的前途未卜,我的心还隐隐作痛。
I still felt as a wanderer on the face of the earth.
我仍然觉得自己是世间的一个飘泊者。

经典名著 简爱

But I experienced firmer trust in myself and my own powers, and less withering dread of oppression.
但已更加自信自强,少了一份无可奈何的压抑感。
The gaping wound of my wrongs, too, was now quite healed, and the flame of resentment extinguished.
冤屈所撕裂的伤口现在已经愈合,愤怒的火焰已经熄灭。
"You shall go into the breakfast-room first," said Bessie, as she preceded me through the hall, "the young ladies will be there."
“你先去餐室,”贝茜领我穿过府宅时说,“小姐们会在那儿的。”
In another moment I was within that apartment.
眨眼之间我便进了那个套间。
There was every article of furniture looking just as it did on the morning I was first introduced to Mr. Brocklehurst.
每件家具看上去同我初次介绍给布罗克赫斯特先生的那个早上一模一样。
The very rug he had stood upon still covered the hearth.
他站过的那块地毯依然盖着壁炉的地面。
Glancing at the bookcases, I thought I could distinguish the two volumes of Bewick's British Birds occupying their old place on the third shelf,
往书架上一看,我还能认出比尤伊克的两卷本《英国鸟类史》,放在第三个书架上的老地方,
and Gulliver's Travels and the Arabian Nights ranged just above.
以及这部书正上方的《格列佛游记》和《天方夜谭》。
The inanimate objects were not changed, but the living things had altered past recognition.
无生命的东西依旧,有生命的东西已面目全非。

分享到
重点单词
  • oppressionn. 压抑,沉闷,压迫手段
  • desperateadj. 绝望的,不顾一切的
  • experiencedadj. 有经验的
  • flamen. 火焰,热情 v. 燃烧,面红,爆发 n. 情
  • shelfn. 架子,搁板
  • hostileadj. 怀敌意的,敌对的
  • mistyadj. 有雾的,模糊的,含糊的
  • prospectsn. 预期;前景;潜在顾客;远景展望
  • distinguishvt. 区别,辨认,使显著
  • restoredadj. 精力充沛的;精力恢复的 v. 修复(resto