探索频道纪录片《与霍金一起了解宇宙》(视频+MP3+中英字幕) 第56期
日期:2015-11-04 13:59

(单词翻译:单击)

听力文本

As we journey across interstellar space,
随着我们穿梭于星际空间
I'm sure we will unlock nature's deepest secrets.
我相信,我们将揭开自然深藏的秘密
My greater is that we will discover how the universe will end
最大的成就将是发现宇宙如何终结
and solve the ultimate mystery:
并揭开终极谜团:
why the universe ever existed at all.
即宇宙究竟为何会存在
I once gave a lecture in Japan
我有一次在日本讲座时
where I was asked not to mention the end of the universe
被告知不能提及宇宙终结的问题
in case it affected the Japanese stock market.
以防引发日本股票下跌
I don't know if or when the universe will end,
我不知道宇宙是否或何时会终结
but for those of you who are nervous about your investments,
但我想对为自己投资感到紧张的人说
I think it's a bit early to sell.
我认为还是早一点抛出为好
At 13.7 billion years old, our universe is still in its youth.
137亿岁,我们的宇宙仍旧年轻朝气
The earliest date we cosmologists think it could end
宇宙学家认为,宇宙的终结最早也要在
is 30 billion years from now.
300亿年后
There is still plenty of action to come.
但世事难料
Even long after our sun has died, new stars will be borned,
即使我们的太阳消亡了,还有新的恒星形成
some of which will have new planets around them,
它们中的一些也会有自己的行星
made of the same atoms that make you and me.
这些行星上也会由组成你我的原子组成
Maybe we will end up as part of some future alien ecosystem,
或许我们最终将变为外星生态系统的一部分
although that's probably a bit of a long shot.
虽说这多少有些天方夜谭
What's true is that we are only the temporary custodians of
但不变的是我们不过是
the particles of what which we are made of.
组成我们的这些微粒的暂时占有者
They will go on to need a future
而它们将继续
existence in the enormous universe that made them.
在浩瀚的宇宙中寻求未来的存在方式
Certainly gravity will continue its tireless incessant work.
当然万有引力仍会孜孜不倦地发挥作用
It will go on shaping the vast strings of galaxies
就像大爆炸后一样
as it has ever since the Big Bang.
继续改变着巨大银河网系的形状
Using super computers
利用超级计算机
we can simulate how gravity even now
我们可以模拟出万有引力是
causes galaxies to be attracted to one or another, resulting in vast slow collisions.
如何使各星系相互吸引,并最终缓慢碰撞
Our galaxy will emerge with its nearest neighbour
我们的银河系将在30亿年后
the the Andromeda Galaxy in aroud three billion years,
与近邻仙女座星系相撞
a slow motion collision that will take place over two billion years.
缓慢移动的碰撞将会持续二十亿年

视频及简介

《与霍金一起了解宇宙》纪录片耗时3年多制作,期间霍金曾多次坚持对剧本作大幅修改。霍金指出外星生物在消耗尽自己星球上的资源后便会乘坐大型飞船到他们能够到达的星球掠夺资源,并将那里开拓成为他们的殖民地;如果有外星生物到访地球,那将会像当年意大利航海家哥伦布登陆美洲大陆一样,最后给人类带来毁灭性的灾难。


分享到
重点单词
  • gravityn. 重力,严重,庄重,严肃
  • vastadj. 巨大的,广阔的 n. 浩瀚的太空
  • stockn. 存货,储备; 树干; 血统; 股份; 家畜 adj
  • solvev. 解决,解答
  • emergevi. 浮现,(由某种状态)脱出,(事实)显现出来
  • affectedadj. 受影响的,受感动的,受疾病侵袭的 adj. 做
  • incessantadj. 不断的,无尽的
  • ecosystemn. 生态系统
  • universen. 宇宙,万物,世界
  • temporaryadj. 暂时的,临时的 n. 临时工