Twitter创始人Jack Dorsey演讲(MP3+中英字幕) 第13期:变成更好的讲故事的人
日期:2015-04-02 12:10

(单词翻译:单击)

Twitter创始人Jack Dorsey演讲

The biggest thing for me on that path
在我看来,这条路上最重要的莫过于
is I needed to draw
是需要描绘出一些东西
something out and I needed to get it out of my head.
再把它们忘却
I found myself very early on thinking about something,
我发现我自己很早就想到一些东西
like thinking about this early idea for Twitter
比如我早年对推特的想法
and saying to myself,
我还会对自己说
"I could build this."
你可以建成这个
You have those shower moments
你在洗澡的时候
or you're walking at midnights in some
或是你在午夜的纽约城里的小镇
town in New York City and
漫步的时候
you've got this amazing brand-new ideas.
你会得到很新奇的点子
And then, you start thinking,
之后,你会开始思考
"Well, I could really start doing this if only
恩,只要某项条件成熟了,只要我认识这个人
X and if I had this person or if this technology
或是如果这个技术存在
existed or if this happened or this happened."
或是如果这个或那个发生了,我就能开始落实这个点子了
What I realized I was doing is I was constantly
我意识到这么做
making excuses for not working on it.
其实是一直在为自己不努力去做找借口
And then, the window had passed and
机会稍纵即逝
then I couldn't do anything.
我什么都做不了了
I think it's really,
我觉得将点子写出来
really important to write it out or
画出来,编制出来
to draw it out or to code it.
真的很重要
But you need to get it out of your head.
但你也需要忘记它
The reason you have to get it out of your head
这么做的原因是
is you need
你需要
to be able to see it on a surface
客观地观察它
that is not in your mind.
而不是看它在你大脑中的样子
Once you can see it and once you can step back from it,
一旦你看到了它,一旦你能退一步思考它
then you can also decide,
你就能决定
"This pass is my filter. This pass is my constraint.
这么走可以去伪存真,这么走会遇到困难
So, maybe I can show it and
所以,也许我能展示它
share it with some other people."
和别人分享它
Then they'll be like, "That's the stupidest idea ever,"
之后他们会喜欢它 "这是最傻的想法 "
or "That's somewhat interesting
或是"这很有趣
but maybe this and this and this."
但可能这样或是那样更好."
So, the sooner you can do that,
所以越快做到这一点
then you have a lot of momentum around it.
你就能有很多动力
You can really decide
你就可以决定
if you want to commit to it and work
你是否想落实它
on it more or put it on a shelf for a later date.
更多地为它努力或是暂时搁置它,以后再落实
The realization that I think everyone needs
我觉得人们选择
to have about that latter option,
选择后者,就是暂时搁置
putting it on the shelf,
以观后效
is that you can come back to it.
的时候,是因为这样可以重新审视它
It will surface back up in another piece of work
在某个时刻,旧点子会以另一种形式重新出现
or another idea at some point in your life.
或者另一个想法在会出现在你的生活中
Having that ability to close off a chapter
结束一个章节
and move on is really, really important.
并且继续向前的能力非常重要
You can't have all these open threads.
你不可能拥有所有的思路
That's what I realized I was doing.
这是我觉得我在做的事情
That also encouraged me to really write more
这也鼓励我编写更多东西
and to really think about what is the story,
并且真正思考这个故事是什么
how are people coming to this
思考人们怎么想它
and like when I show my friends this,
比如我向我的朋友展示的时候
how are they going to react.
他们会怎么反应
I would write it down.
我都可以写下来
I would actually treat it like a play.
我完全可以把它当做一部戏剧
When I realized that I was writing plays,
当我意识到我在写剧的时候
I read a lot more plays for style and
我会读更多剧本来学习形式
for substance and for technique.
内容和技巧
I think it's really good.
我觉得这很好
I think there is another company that I've
我觉得我一直在从
always looked towards for inspiration.
另一家公司汲取灵感
I know a number of people in this room probably have
我知道这个房间里的很多人可能都从
the similar company in mind, which is Apple.
这家公司汲取灵感,它就是苹果
Apple, I think, is run like a theater company.
我觉得苹果公司就像个剧团
It has a great sense of pacing.
它有很浓重的前进意识
It has a great sense of story.
并且有厚重的故事性
It has a great sense of execution.
还有很好的表演技巧
It's all event-driven.
它总是用故事来发展自己
It's all stage-driven,
用舞台来发展自己
the stage being a billboard and the stage being
舞台就是个宣传板,舞台就是基调
a keynote or the stage being a product launch.
或者舞台就是产品发布会
All of it has a very, very cohesive end-to-end story.
它的一切都是一个完整的,首尾相连的故事
I mean, you think about what happened when
我的意思是,你想想当
Steve Jobs came back to the company.
史蒂夫·乔布斯回到公司会发生什么
The first thing he did is he killed every
他会做的第一件事就是
product line the company was working on.
停止每一条公司正在运作的生产线
For two years they had no product
两年来他们没有任何产品
on the market whatsoever.
进入市场
All they had were a bunch of posters all
他们所有的就是一堆世界各处粘贴的
around the world with Steve's heroes.
史蒂夫的英雄的海报
It said, "Think different."
上面写着:"另类思考"
It was just focused on bringing up the product and
苹果只专注于提升产品
making people wear the brand again and how the brand
让人们再次接受品牌
is aligning to this particular feeling and story.
想办法让品牌能唤起一种情感和故事
And then, they came out with the iMac and
之后他们推出了iMac
then built iTunes and then the iPod.
之后是iTunes和iPad
They realized, "Wait a minute. People are
他们意思到 "等等,人们
carrying music on their phones now.
在用手机听音乐了
So, we better build a phone, iPhone."
所以我们应该推出新的手机 iPhone."
So, this unfolding of the plot and
苹果的情节展开
the epic story has been very,
和史诗般的叙事
very interesting to watch,
都非常有趣
especially if you look back to that time
特别是回首他刚回公司的时候
when he came back to the company.
这两点更为有趣
So, I have learned a lot from that company and other
所以我从这个公司和其他
companies who operate in a similar fashion.
以同样形式运行的公司学到了很多

分享到
重点单词
  • inspirationn. 灵感,吸入,鼓舞人心(的东西)
  • shelfn. 架子,搁板
  • operatev. 操作,运转,经营,动手术
  • brandn. 商标,牌子,烙印,标记 vt. 打烙印,铭刻,加污
  • substancen. 物质,实质,内容,重要性,财产
  • particularadj. 特殊的,特别的,特定的,挑剔的 n. 个别项目
  • filtern. 筛选,滤波器,过滤器,滤色镜 v. 过滤,渗透 [
  • coden. 码,密码,法规,准则 vt. 把 ... 编码,制
  • executionn. 执行,实施,处决 n. 技巧,表演,演奏,杀
  • reactvt. 作出反应 vi. 起反应,起作用,反攻