(单词翻译:单击)
Chapter 9 Home in England
第九章 英国的家
When I came back to England, I felt like a stranger in the country.
当我回到英格兰,我觉得自己好像是这个国家的一个陌生客人 。
Many things were different, and not many people remembered me.
许多东西都变了样,没有几个人能记得我 。
I went home to York, but my father and mother were dead, and also my two brothers.
我回到约克郡的家,我的父母亲及我两个兄弟都已去世了 。
I did find the two sons of one of my brothers.
我找到了我一个兄弟的两个儿子 。
They were happy to learn that I was alive, and I was pleased to find some family.
知道我还活着他们非常高兴,我很高兴找到了一些家人 。
After some months I decided to go down to Lisbon in Portugal.
过了几个月我决定去葡萄牙的里斯本 。
I had friends there who could help me to sell my land in Brazil, and I needed the money.
我有些朋友在那儿可以帮我卖掉在巴西的土地,我需要钱 。
Friday came with me. He was always a good and true friend to me.
星期五和我一起去 。他一直是我的一位忠实的好朋友 。
In Lisbon I found the Portuguese captain, who took me in his ship to Brazil, all those years ago.
在里斯本我找到了多年前带我去巴西的葡萄牙船长 。
It was good to see him again, and he helped me with my business.
再次见到他真是太好了,他帮助我做生意 。
Soon I was ready to go home again—by land.
不久我又准备回家——是经陆路 。
No more adventures and dangers by sea for me!
对我来说在海上航行已没有更多的冒险和危险 。
It was a long, hard journey.
这是一次长途跋涉的旅行 。
We had to cross the mountains between Spain and France in winter, and the snow was deep.
我们不得不在冬天穿越位于西班牙和法国之间的大山,积雪很深 。
Poor Friday was very afraid of the snow.
可怜的星期五非常害怕雪 。
In his country it was always hot, and he did not like cold weather.
在他的国家天气总是很热,他不喜欢寒冷的天气 。
Back in England I found a house and began to live a quiet life.
回到英国我找了座房子,开始过平静的生活 。
My two nephews came to live with me.
我的两个侄子来和我住在一起 。
The younger one wanted to be a sailor, and so I found him a place on a ship.
小的一个想做一名水手,于是我给他在船上找了个职位 。
After a while I married, and had three children, two sons and a daughter.
过了不久我结婚了,生了三个孩子,两个儿子和一个女儿 。
Then my wife died, and my nephew, who was now the captain of a ship, came home to see me.
后来我的妻子去世了,我的那个侄子回家看我,他现在已当了船长 。
He knew that I did not really like a quiet life.
他知道我并不真正喜欢平静的生活 。
'I have a fine ship, uncle,' he said.
“我有一艘好船,叔叔,”他说,
'I'm going out to the East Indies—India, Malaya, the Philippines...Why don't you come with me?'
“我将去东印度——印度、马来西亚、菲律宾……为什么你不同我一起去呢?”
And so, in 1694, I went to sea again, and had many more adventures.
于是,1694年,我再次出海,有了更多冒险的经历 。
Perhaps one day I'll write another book about them.
或许有一天我会另外写一本关于它们的书 。