英国语文第六册(MP3+中英字幕) 第16期:莱茵河上的宾根小镇(1)
日期:2019-09-20 17:30

(单词翻译:单击)

LESSON 5 Bingen on the rhine
第五课 莱茵河上的宾根小镇
A soldier of the Legion lay dying in Algiers;
一名战士在阿尔及尔奄奄一息之时;
There was lack of woman's nursing, there was dearth of woman's tears;
身旁没有女人的照顾和哀泣;
But a comrade stood beside him, while his life-blood ebbed away,
站在他身边的,只有一名同样生命垂危的战友,
And bent, with pitying glances, to hear what he might say.
战友弯着身子,目光怜悯,试图记住战士最后的叮嘱。
The dying soldier faltered, as he took that comrade's hand,
战士颤抖着,用尽最后的力气抓着战友的手,
And he said: "I never more shall see my own, my native land:
他说道:“我~我的故乡,我可能~再也无法望到你;
Take a message and a token to some distant friends of mine;
请帮我给远方的朋友,带句话,和一件信物;
For I was bora at Bingen—at Bingen on the Rhine.
我的出生地,是宾根——莱茵河上的宾根。
"Tell my brothers and companions, when they meet and crowd around,
“请告知我的兄弟伙伴,在他们团聚之日,
To hear my mournful story, in the pleasant vineyard ground,
在美丽的葡萄园里,听听我的,悲痛的故事,
That we fought the battle bravely; and when the day was done,
那天,我们英勇奋战;当白昼落下帷幕,
Full many a corse lay ghastly pale beneath the setting sun.
残日下,躺着的,满是可怕的惨白尸体。
And amidst the dead and dying were some grown old in wars—
那些死去的、或者即将死去的士兵,都曾经年轻、却在一场又一场的战争中,渐渐耗尽生命——
The death-wound on their gallant breasts, the last of many scars;
而战士们结实的胸膛上那刺眼的致命伤,却成了他们生命最后的印记;
But some were young, and suddenly beheld life's morn decline;
可是,那些尚还稚嫩的士兵们,还没来得及享受青春年华,生命便戛然而止;
And one had come from Bingen—fair Bingen on the Rhine.
其中,就有那名,来自宾根小镇——莱茵河上美丽的宾根小镇的战士。

1

"Tell my mother that her other sons shall comfort her old age,
“请告知我的母亲,她的其他儿子会陪着她,陪她安然度过晚年,
And I was aye a truant bird, that thought his home a cage;
而我,曾视自己为一只从家乡的牢笼里逃出来、游荡在外的野鸟;
For my father was a soldier, and, even as a child,
我的父亲曾是一名战士,小的时候,
My heart leaped forth to hear him tell of struggles fierce and wild;
我便听过他讲到残酷而激烈的战斗,那时的我,早已内心澎湃;
And when he died, and left us to divide his scanty hoard,
他去世后,我们瓜分了他留下的仅有的财产,
I let them take whate'er they would, but kept my father's sword;
我让家人们各取所需,而我,只留下了父亲的刺刀;
And with boyish love I hung it where the bright light used to shine,
满怀少年豪情的我,把刺刀挂在了太阳照得最最亮的地方,
On the cottage-wall at Bingen—calm Bingen on the Rhine!
挂在宾根镇村舍的墙头上——那个莱茵河上平静的宾根小镇!
"Tell my sister not to weep for me, and sob with drooping head,
让妹妹别为我哭泣,别为我掩面哽咽,
When the troops are marching home again, with glad and gallant tread;
当我们的战士带着愉悦、踩着昂扬的步伐再次返回家乡的时候;
But to look upon them proudly, with a calm and steadfast eye,
要用自豪、镇定和肯定的眼神去看他们,
For her brother was a soldier too, and not afraid to die.
因为,她的哥哥也曾是一名无所畏惧的战士。
And if a comrade seek her love, then ask her in my name
如若有战友爱慕我的妹妹,那么,就打着我的旗号去追求她。

分享到
重点单词
  • swordn. 剑,刀
  • bentbend的过去式和过去分词 adj. 下定决心的,弯曲的
  • scantyadj. 缺乏的,不够的
  • dearthn. 缺乏;饥馑;粮食不足
  • steadfastadj. 坚定的,毫不动摇的
  • comfortn. 舒适,安逸,安慰,慰藉 vt. 安慰,使舒适
  • declinen. 衰微,跌落; 晚年 v. 降低,婉谢
  • treadn. 踏,踏步板,踏面,胎面花纹,鞋底 v. 踏,行走,
  • settingn. 安装,放置,周围,环境,(为诗等谱写的)乐曲 动词
  • hoardv. & n. 贮藏,秘藏 vt. 贮藏