英国语文第四册(MP3+中英字幕) 第22期:荨麻(3)
日期:2019-08-18 16:08

(单词翻译:单击)

Here Alfred and Mary looked at each other, as if now quite satisfied that the nettle had not been made in vain.
在这里,艾尔弗雷德和玛丽互相看了看,好像在知道荨麻不是一无是处后感到很满意。
But their grandfather still went on:
但他们的祖父还继续说:
"Nettles are often useful in keeping young people in the right path.
“荨麻通常有助于让年轻人走上正确的道路。
When your sister begged you, Alfred, not to go near the ditch, you heeded her not;
艾尔弗雷德,妹妹恳求你不要到深沟附近去时,你没有理会她;
but when the nettle pointed out your error, you were convinced of it in a moment."
但当荨麻指出你的错误时,你马上就相信了。”
"The nettle, moreover, teaches a useful lesson.
“此外,荨麻还教授了一个有益的教训。
Look at Alfred's fingers: they are not stung where he grasped the nettle firmly, but only in the parts that touched it lightly.
看着艾尔弗雷德的手指:他紧紧抓住荨麻时,手指并不感到刺痛,但在轻轻触碰它时,就会很疼。
Many little trials of the world are of the same character: give way to them, they annoy you;
世界上许多艰险之事具有相同的特点:在它们面前退却,它会令你感到恼怒;
meet, them bravely, they injure you not, for you overcome them.
而勇敢直面它们,它们就不会伤害你,因为你战胜了它们。

1.jpg

"Another excellent lesson to be got from the nettle is, to mind your own business, and not to meddle with that of other people.
“我们从荨麻那学来的另一个教训是,管好自己的事,不要干涉其他人。
Let the nettle alone—it never stings you; trespass upon it—you must take the consequences.
不去理荨麻,它就不会刺痛你;你去招惹它,就必须承担后果。
"I might say a good deal more;
“我还能说得更多,
but if the nettle assists in forming a wholesome food
但如果荨麻有助于做出有益健康的食物,
—if it affords honey to the bee, shade and shelter to the ladybird and the spider
如果它给蜜蜂供给花蜜,为瓢虫和蜘蛛提供遮阴和庇护,
—if it keeps young people in the proper path, and supplies us with useful lessons
如果它能使年轻人引上正确的道路,并为我们提供有益的教训,
—you must allow that the stinging nettle has not been made in vain."
你们就一定会了解到刺痛人的荨麻绝对不是一无是处。”
—Old Humphrey
—老韩福瑞

分享到
重点单词
  • convincedadj. 信服的
  • meddlevi. 干预,干涉,插手
  • wholesomeadj. 有益健康的,合乎卫生的,健全的
  • annoyv. 使恼怒,使烦恼,骚扰
  • shaden. 阴影,遮蔽,遮光物,(色彩的)浓淡 vt. 遮蔽,
  • vainadj. 徒劳的,无效的,自负的,虚荣的
  • trespassn. 非法侵入,罪过,[法]侵害诉讼 v. 非法侵入,侵
  • spidern. 蜘蛛
  • touchedadj. 受感动的 adj. 精神失常的
  • overcomevt. 战胜,克服,(感情等)压倒,使受不了 vi. 获