英国语文第四册(MP3+中英字幕) 第13期:再试一次(2)
日期:2019-07-26 15:46

(单词翻译:单击)

II.
二、
"These two little words gave him a fresh impulse, and he bent his mind again to his task.
“这几个字给了他新的动力,他再次下定决心去完成自己的功课。
Gradually he began to find the sentences lingering in his memory; and soon, to his surprise and pleasure, the whole lesson was mastered!"
他渐渐地开始发现那些句子在记忆中挥之不去;很快,让他又惊又喜的是,他掌握了整篇课文的内容!
He then rose from his seat and proceeded to the teacher's desk."
然后,他从座位上站起来,走到老师的书桌前。”
"What do you want now? asked the teacher."
“现在你想怎么样?老师问。”
"To say my lesson, sir."
“复述课文,老师。”
"Did you not try half an hour ago?"
“你半小时前不是试过了吗?”
"Yes; but I can say it now, sir, said the boy."
“是的;但是现在我可以复述了,老师。男孩说。”
"'Go on, then.'
“那复述吧。”
"Henry commenced, and repeated the whole lesson without missing a word!
“亨利开始了,他复述了整篇课文,一个词也没丢!
The master gave him a look of pleasure as he handed back his book."
他把书还给老师时,老师高兴地看着他。”
"From that day," continued Mr. Prentice, "there was no boy in the school who learned more rapidly than Henry.
“从那天起,”普伦蒂斯先生继续说,“学校里没有哪个男孩比亨利学得更快。
From that day till the present hour he has been a student; and he now urges his son George to 'try again,' as he tried."
从那天到此时此刻,他一直都是个学生。现在,他鼓励儿子乔治像他那样'再试一次'。”

1.jpg

"And was it indeed you, father?" asked his son, eagerly looking up into the face of his kind parent.
“爸爸,这真的是你吗?”儿子问道,急切地仰望着自己和蔼的父亲。
"Yes, my child. That dull boy was your own father in his early years."
“是的,孩子。那个迟钝的男孩就是童年时的爸爸啊。”
"Then I will try again," said George, in a decided tone;
“那我就再试一次,”乔治用坚定的口吻说着。
and, flinging aside his half-made kite, he turned and re-entered the house, and was soon bending in earnest attention over his lesson.
他抛下做了一半的风筝,转身又回到屋里,很快就专心地学习课文了。
"Well, what success, George?" asked Mr. Prentice, as the family gathered around the tea-table.
“乔治,学得好吗?”一家人围坐在茶桌旁时,普伦蒂斯先生问道。
"I learned the lesson, father!" replied the boy. "I can say every word of it."
“爸爸,我学完那篇课文了!”男孩回答道。“我能一字一句的复述。”
"Did you find it hard work?"
“你觉得它难吗?”
"Not so very hard, after I had once made up my mind that I would learn it.
“我在下定决心要把它学会后,就觉得不是很难了。
Indeed I never stopped to think, as I usually do, but went right on until I had mastered every sentence."
事实上,我没有像平时那样停下来多想,而是一直继续学,直到掌握了每个句子。”
"May you never forget this lesson, my son!" said Mr. Prentice.
“希望你永远记住这一课,儿子!”普伦蒂斯先生说。
"You now possess the secret of success.
“你现在拥有了成功的秘诀。
It lies in never stopping to think about a task being difficult or tiresome, but in going steadily on, with a fixed determination to succeed."
它在于永远不停下来考虑任务有多困难或多无聊,而是坚持不懈地继续做,以坚定的心态走向成功。”

分享到
重点单词
  • determinationn. (正式)决定,规定,决心,测定,定位
  • dulladj. 呆滞的,迟钝的,无趣的,钝的,暗的 v. 变钝
  • tonen. 音调,语气,品质,调子,色调 vt. 使更健壮,装
  • possessvt. 持有,支配
  • impulsen. 冲动,驱动力,倾向,心血来潮 vt. 推动
  • bentbend的过去式和过去分词 adj. 下定决心的,弯曲的