(单词翻译:单击)
May 29, 1953
1953年5月29日
Today is the most important day of my life.
今天是我一生中最重要的一天。
I finally climbed Mt. Everest, the tallest mountain in the world.
我终于登上了珠穆朗玛峰,世界上最高的山。
My name is Edmund Hillary.
我叫埃德蒙·希拉里。
The top of the mountain was amazing.
山顶美极了。
It felt like we were close to heaven.
感觉我们离天堂很近。
The snow was so thick that my boots sank into it.
雪太厚了,我的靴子陷进去了。
The air was silent.
空气是寂静的。
I looked at the beauty that surrounded me.
我看着周围的美景。
Maybe my story will be a legend someday.
也许有一天我的故事会成为一个传奇。
I want people to remember this forever.
我想让人们永远记住这件事。
I was the senior explorer in my group, and I knew we needed something to show others about our climb.
我是我们小组的资深探险家,我知道我们需要一些东西来向别人展示我们的登山经历。
I took many pictures with my camera.
我用相机拍了很多照片。
Ill put them in a frame and hang them on the wall of my house.
我要把它们装在相框里,挂在我家的墙上。
On the mountain, the air was very cold.
在山上,空气很冷。
I wrapped my coat around my body.
我把外套裹在身上。
I looked over the side of the mountaintop.
我从山顶的一边往外看。
From that angle, I saw the border of the clouds touch the rocks below.
从那个角度,我看到云层的边缘碰到了下面的岩石。
The snow was thick.
雪很厚。
It looked pure.
它看起来很纯洁。
There was no sign of modern life.
没有现代生活的迹象。
Thousands of years ago, my ancestors saw the world this way.
几千年前,我的祖先就是这样看世界的。
After fifteen minutes, I knew it was time to proceed down the mountain.
十五分钟后,我知道是下山的时候了。
The whole team congratulated each other.
全队互相祝贺。
My superior, John Hunt, praised us all.
我的上司约翰·亨特表扬了我们所有人。
I sent messages to my relatives to tell them that I was safe.
我给亲戚们发信息,告诉他们我很安全。
But it was hard to leave the mountain so quickly.
但想这么快离开这座山非常困难。
I wanted to enjoy the incredible sight even longer.
我想更久地欣赏这令人难以置信的景象。
