(单词翻译:单击)
serve
服务;供应餐点
Your duty is to serve your country.
为国服务尽忠是你的责任。
A waitress will serve you food in just a few minutes.
过几分钟就会有女服务生过来为您上菜。
service
服务;保养维修
I'm glad to be at your service.
我很乐意为您效劳。
The car is being serviced this week and won't be ready until Friday.
车子本周在保养,星期五前不会好。
law
法律;法则,定律
Everybody is equal before the law.
法律之前人人平等。
Human being should follow the law of nature.
人类应遵守自然界的法则。
matter
事情;麻烦;重要
We should take care of the matter now.
我们现在就应处理这件事情。
What's the matter with him?
他发生什么麻烦了吗/他怎么了?
It doesn't matter when he'll come.
他何时来并不重要。
reason
理由;理性;思考,推理
I don't know the reason for his anger.= I don't know the reason why he is angry.
我不知道他生气的理由。
What makes mankind different from animals is the power of reason.
人跟动物不同的地方就在于人有理性。
They reasoned that he wouldn't accept the idea.
他们推想他不会接受这个主意。
It's important for children to learn to reason.
儿童学习推理是很重要的。
meet
碰面;满足需求;运动会
I'll meet you at the airport at 2 o'clock sharp.
两点整我会在机场跟你碰面。
He passed the tests and met his father's expectations.
他考及格,没辜负他父亲的期望。
In what month will the athletic meet take place?
运动会将在几月举行呢?
appear
出现= show up;似乎= seem
He didn't appear until five minutes ago.
他直到五分钟前才出现。
He appears (to be) kind, but he is actually rather mean.
他看起来人似乎很好,实际上却很坏。
It appears to me that something is wrong with the plane's engine.
我感觉飞机的引擎似乎有点问题。
act
演;行动;行为;戏剧的幕
Peter is going to act the part of Caesar in the play.
彼得将在剧里扮演凯撒的角色。
David has been acting strangely recently.
大卫最近的行径很奇怪。
You must admit that it was a brave act.
你必须承认那是勇敢的行为。
The play has five acts, each of which is divided into six scenes.
该剧共有5幕,每一幕分成6场。
action
行动
Let's take action before it is too late.
咱们采取行动以免太迟。
force
暴力;力;强迫,施压
Under no circumstances should you resort to force.
不管任何情况你都不应该诉诸暴力。
The force of the wind was so strong that it almost knocked me over.
风力之强劲,几乎把我整个人都给吹倒。
Don't force me to do anything I don't want to do.
不要强迫我做任何我不想做的事。