(单词翻译:单击)
leave
离开;留下;使处于某种状态;离开;休假
As soon as she left the room, the baby began to cry.
她一离开房间,小宝宝就哭了起来。
I left my keys in the room.
我把钥匙留在房间里了。
He left the door open, so that I could come in.
他让门开着,这样我才能进来。
John left for Hong Kong yesterday.
约翰昨天动身前往香港。
I'm taking leave next month to attend my sister's wedding.
我下个月会请假去参加妹妹的婚礼。
school
学校;鱼群
We enjoy playing basketball after school.
我们喜欢在放学后打篮球。
We saw a school of fish in the river.
我们看到河中有一群鱼。
schoolwork
学校作业
More and more students are using computers to do their schoolwork.
越来越多的学生都在用电脑写学校作业。
while
当;而;虽然;一段期间只用单数
While you were in the meeting, your wife called.
你开会的时候,你太太打电话过来。
Linda is clever, while Peter is stupid.
琳达很聪明,而彼得却很笨。
While she's thin, she can eat a lot.
虽然她很瘦,但她可以吃很多。
I'll stay here for a while.
我将在这里停留一会儿。
part
部分;零件;角色=role;分手;割舍
I don't like the first part of the novel.
我不喜欢这本小说的第一部分。
The spare part you want is quite hard to get.
你要的那种备用零件很难取得。
Sophie was selected to play the part of Cinderella.
苏菲获选扮演灰姑娘的角色。
They parted at the MRT station.
他们在捷运车站分手。
The little girl didn't want to part with the doll.
这小女孩不想割舍她的洋娃娃。
How many students took part in the speech contest?
这次演讲比赛有多少学生参加?
begin
开始
The movie began an hour ago.
电影一个小时前开演。
I began studying English right after I entered junior high school.= I began to study English right after I entered junior high school.
我一上初中就开始学英文。
feel
感觉;感受,触摸
I feel sad each time I hear that song.
每次听到那首歌我都会觉得悲伤。
I felt her hand in the darkness.
在黑暗中我触摸到她的手。
I feel like a fool whenever I'm with her.
每次跟她在一起,我感觉自己就像傻瓜一样。
Do you feel like going to the movies tonight?= Would you like to go to the movies tonight?
你今晚想看电影吗?
feeling
知觉;感觉
He gradually lost feeling in his feet.
他的双脚逐渐失去知觉。
I have a feeling that he'll come.
我觉得他会来。
feelings
感情,心情
You've hurt my feelings.
你伤了我的心。
number
号码,数字;数量;编号
May I have your phone number?
我可以问你的电话号码吗?
The number of car accidents fell last year.
去年车祸的数目减少了。
It took us four days to number all the books.
我们花了4天的时间将全部的书编号。