SANGUINE = (adjective) having a cheerfully optimistic temperament or outlook–hopeful
Synonyms:upbeat, optimistic, positive, hopeful, expectant, enthusiastic, cheerful
- The hotel trained its human resources staff to choose employees with sanguine personalities
- Some people expect the economy to continue to improve, but others are less sanguine.
- Stock traders remained sanguine despite reduced profit margins.
- John’s sanguine outlook on life, even during difficult times, kept him young and carefree.
- Sandy’s sanguine attitude won her many friends and admirers.
PRUDENT = (adjective) 1. having good sense and judgment; 2. being careful and sensible
Synonyms:careful, cautious, discreet, wise, sagacious, judicious, sensible, practical, discerning, guarded, mindful, tactful, thrifty, economical, watchful, circumspect
- Phil was quite prudent in his spending habits and always had plenty of savings in the bank.
- Marc’s decision was prudent and timely.
- It’salways prudenttoread a contract properly before signing it.
- Lisa was always prudent when giving criticism, so as not to offend anyone.
- Joanne’s financial prudence was rewarded with growing investments.