(单词翻译:单击)
听力文本
Good morning
早上好
Every time I speak he looks at me like I'm stupid
我只要一说话他看我就像看傻子似的
To be fair, you are pretty stupid
老实说你确实挺傻的
Yeah, but he doesn't know that yet
是 但他还不知道啊
Maybe he's like that with everyone
也许他对谁都这样
until he knows whether they're gonna stick around, I mean, it's only been 10 days
他又不知道你会不会留下来 毕竟才10天
Feels like a lifetime
简直度日如年
Well, you can't quit Lou
你可不能辞职 路
Yeah? Watch me
是吗 等着瞧吧
Look I'm thinking of going back to college
我想回学校上学
Someone's dropped out of business studies and they can take me back
有人从商科退学了 他们能重新收我回去
What? What about Thomas?
什么 那托马斯怎么办
There's a nursery on campus. We'd come back at weekends
学校里有托儿所 我们周末可以回来
I don't have a Patrick, Lou
我没有厉害的男朋友 路
I don't think I'm ever gonna have a Patrick
我觉得我永远不会有
I need this
我需要这个机会
Oh, I get it
我懂了
You just need me to stay here in my miserable job so I can help Mum and Dad
你就是想让我继续干这个悲惨的工作来减轻爸妈的负担
I've done my fair share. Yeah?
我也做得不少了 是吗
I can't stay here
我不能留在这里
You know I can't
你知道我不能的
Please, for me and Tom
拜托了 就当是为了我和汤姆
重点讲解
nursery
幼儿园
Her youngest child is at nursery now.
她最小的孩子现在上托儿所。
miserable
痛苦的;非常难受的;可怜的
We were cold, wet and thoroughly miserable.
我们又冷又湿,难受极了。
Don't look so miserable!
别一副闷闷不乐的样子!
She knows how to make life miserable for her employees.
她知道如何整治她的雇员。
fair
fair to sb
fair on sb
合理的;恰当的;适当的
a fair deal / wage / price / question
公平交易;合理的工资;公道的价格;恰当的问题
The punishment was very fair.
这个处罚很公正。
To be fair, she behaved better than we expected.
说句公道话,她表现得比我们预期的要好。
视频及简介
该影片讲述的是小露做威尔护工挽救他的故事。