大西洋帝国第四季(MP3+中英字幕):第5集:投票
日期:2017-03-23 16:32

(单词翻译:单击)

You want me to pretend to be your wife?
你想让我假扮你妻子
That's not something a gentleman would ask of a lady.
作为绅士,是不该问女士这种问题的
You didn't even have to.
根本不用问
A man will approach you.
会有人来跟你攀谈
You got a package for Mr. Brown?
有给布朗先生的包裹吗
Give him the cash and only him.
把钱给他,只能给他
My old pal Henry. My buddy.
老伙计亨利,我的好朋友
How about milk of magnesia?
镁乳怎么样
When we broke it down in class
我们在课上分解它的时候
I got the squirts just smelling it.
光是闻着气味就呛出眼泪了
I like your thinkin' Lincoln.
想法不错,林肯
Hey everyone.
各位
Who thinks Henry should show us the Charleston again?
亨利再给我们来一个查尔斯顿舞怎么样
My grandson belongs with me.
可是我的孙子应当在我身旁
It's time he came home.
他该回家了
Do you know what this is?
你知道这是什么吗
Heroin.
海洛因
You could work for me.
你可以给我卖力
Election's coming up.
选举就要开始了
We get that sewed up
我们会赢的
things are bound to get busier.
事情也会随之越来越多
You okay?
你没事吧
I'm fine yes.
我没事
Got a family?
有家人吗
Ah two sons.
两个儿子
Both of them grown.
他们都长大了
To new lives Mr. Capone.
敬新人生,卡彭先生
Willie wake up.
威利,醒醒
He kept going to the bathroom all night. I heard him.
他整晚都在去厕所,我听到了
Mr. Kessler. Yes?
凯斯勒先生,什么事
We're with the Bureau of Investigation.
我们是调查局的人
But I have done...
但是我没做什么
One foot in front of the other.
乖乖跟我们走
BoardwalkEmpire
大西洋帝国
Hello?
喂,
Uncle Nucky. Willie?
努基叔叔,威利
How are you?
你好吗
Where are you calling from?
你从哪打来的
Philadelphia.
费城
I'm in Philadelphia and...
我在费城...
Willie is something wrong?
威利,出什么事了
I need your help.
我需要你帮忙
Eddie!
埃迪
Eddie are you up there?
埃迪,你在吗
Eddie.
埃迪
Eddie?
埃迪
Mr. Thompson.
汤普森先生
Have you seen him today? No.
你今天见到他了吗,没有
Bring the car around. Make it quick.
把车开过来,快点
Would you like some?
要来点吗
You can say yes or no.
你可以接受或拒绝
Doesn't obligate you to anything.
我们不会为此强迫你什么
No thank you.
不了,谢谢
You're welcome.
不客气
Sounds funny doesn't it?
这么说感觉怪怪的
How's that? He said "No thank you."
怎么,他说,"不了,谢谢"
I said "You're welcome." Doesn't sound right.
我说"不客气"感觉怪怪的
Sound right to you?
你觉得呢
You do not say "You're welcome"
我对你说"不了,谢谢"
when someone says "No thank you."
你不该回答"不客气"
Why?
为什么
Because they have not accepted anything from you.
因为他们没有接受你的任何东西
His English is better than yours.
他的英语比你还好呢
Heck I guess it is.
可不是嘛
Where did you learn it?
你去哪学的
Did you study it over in Prussia
你是在普鲁士学的吗
I guess you would have called it?
你是这么叫的吧
Why am I here?
为什么带我来这儿
Why do you think you're here? I do not know.
你说呢,我不知道
People don't get hauled off the street for no reason do they?
人们不会无缘无故被人从大街上带走
Do they get hauled off the street for no reason?
人们会无缘无故被从大街上带走吗
I am not a policeman.
我不是警察
No one thinks you're a policeman.
没人认为你是警察
We're the policemen.
我们才是警察
I have done nothing wrong.
我什么都没做
You had a pistol up your sleeve.
你袖子里有把枪
That is for protection.
那是防身用
Against who?
防着谁
Apaches.
阿帕奇人(北美原住民)
What do you think we should do?
你说我们该怎么做
Don't see what choice we have.
看来是没别的办法了
Darn it. Darn it to heck.
该死的,真他妈该死
Yeah.
嗯,
I may leave?
我可以走了吗
You almost fell. I am fine.
你差点摔倒了,我没事
You don't look fine.
我觉得你有事
You look very unsteady.
你看起来很不稳当
I think you should stay here for a while.
我觉得你该在这儿多待一会儿
For your own good.
这是为了你好
Give Bill Pflaum the broom
给比尔·弗拉姆一把扫帚
and he'll sweep Cicero clean.
他会扫净西塞罗
Stand beside Bill
支持比尔
and he'll stand up for you.
他会为你们挺身而出
A straight town is a healthy town.
干净的城市才能欣欣向荣
Healthy for your family and healthy for you.
对你,对你的家人都好
So let's shake hands...
让我们握手言欢
Why must they disturb the people so early?
为什么他们要一大早扰人清梦
It's Election Day dear.
今天是选举日
They have the right to campaign.
他们有权进行宣传
They should not make so much fuss
他们不该这么大吵大闹
and do what they are told.
并且老实听命
That wouldn't be very democratic.
那可不民主
Everybody is talking always.
说话人人都会
Everybody has the opinion.
观点人人都有
Nothing gets done. Dada.
可什么事都干不成,爸爸
He must eat. He doesn't want any more.
他得吃东西,他不想再吃了
He does not know what he wants.
他还不知道自己想要什么
Your friends have returned.
你的朋友又来了
Built this whole thing yourself?
这都是你自己建的吗
The Rosetta model.
用的罗塞塔模型
Put some grass down there. Spruce it up.
种点草,装点一下
That's the summer project.
那是夏季的活儿了
Time for the morning shift.
该上早班了
Let's go George.
走吧,乔治
Gonna be a good day.
今天是个好日子
How are you Will?
你还好吗,威尔
I'm okay.
我挺好
A little shaken?
受惊了吧
No I'm...
没有,我...
yeah.
是啊
We'll sort this out.
我们会解决这事的
That's the first thing you need to know.
这你要明白
Do my parents...
我爸妈
Right now this is between us.
现在,这事就是你知我知
I'm gonna do my best to keep it that way.
我会尽力保持这个局面
They haven't chargedouou yet. That's very good.
他们还没提出起诉,这是好事
Why can't I leave?
我为什么不能走
There are reporters upstairs living in the lobby
有些记者赖在楼上大堂不走
just looking for something to do.
就摩拳擦掌地等着呢
You can walk out of here a suspect in a capital case.
你可以以大案嫌疑人的身份从这儿走出去
They'll smell that in a second.
他们瞬间就能感觉出来
Or you can walk out like someone who just paid a parking ticket.
或者你也可以像付罚单的人一样走出去
That's what we want.
这是我们要的效果
You need to give me a little time.
你得给我点时间
But you...
但是
you know people in Philadelphia right?
你在费城认识人吧
I do and I'll call on them.
是认识,我会去找他们的
If that's what's required.
如果有这必要的话
I'll make it up to you. I swear.
我会补偿你的,我保证
Don't worry about that now.
现在先别去想那些
Let's talk about this boy.
我们先谈谈那个男孩
I didn't have anything to do with it.
我跟那事毫无关系
Let's just talk about him for a minute.
我们先谈谈他,就一会儿
Now now.
好了
Now now.
好了
Hotel Arlington.
阿灵顿饭店
Yes Mr. Roy Phillips please.
请接罗伊·菲利普斯先生
I beg your pardon?
你说什么
I don't see how that's any of your concern.
我认为这与你无关吧
How do I know he hasn't arrived since the last time I...
我怎么知道他还没到...
Yes. The same message.
是的,相同的留言
It's all right.
没事
Hey boss. Clear a path boys.
老大,给我们让路
Hey Frank. Morning.
早啊,弗兰克,早
How's it going boss? Frank.
老大,一切还好啊,弗兰克
So I heard Pflaum caught a couple last night.
我听说弗拉姆昨晚上挨打了
No they just capped his knees.
不,他们只是打碎了他的膝盖
I don't know nothing about that.
这事我可不知道
What about the guy that got his throat cut on 22nd?
那在22街被人割喉的家伙呢
His whole throat?
喉咙完全割开了吗
Nah only to here.
没有,只到这儿
So he can still whistle huh?
那他还能吹箫喽
That's a good one Frank.
说得好,弗兰克
Let's check in on His Highness.
去看看殿下吧
What are you doing?
你干什么呢
Training my flea circus. What do you think?
跳蚤杂技表演训练,你说呢
Why don't you give it a break?
还是放一放吧
What like you ain't been touching it?
怎么,好像你自己没吸过一样
We got business today.
今天有正事
What'd I just say?
我刚说什么了
Don't do that.
别这样
What you think I'm kidding?
怎么,以为我开玩笑呢
Put that thing away.
把那玩意收起来
What the fuck's he doing here?
他他妈来干什么
You asked for him Garibaldi.
是你自己要见他
You liked the way he handled himself last night.
你喜欢他昨晚的处事方式
I did?
是吗
The woods!
林子里的事
Daniel fucking Crockett.
丹尼尔·克罗克特
"You'd better run."
"你还是逃命去吧"
Hey George you know what day it is?
乔治,知道今天是什么日子吗
Election Day. April Fools'.
竞选日,愚人节
All the suckers they're gonna find out that the joke's on them.
那些蠢货,会发现自己现了洋相
You know who that includes?
知道我说的是谁吗
I don't. Guess.
不知道,你猜
I can't. He likes flowers.
猜不出,这个人喜欢花
Mr. O'Banion.
奥巴尼恩先生
Listen to him.
你听听
Come here.
过来
Closer.
再近些
Come on.
来啊
I won't hurt you.
我不会打你的
You done bad things.
你做过坏事
I saw you.
我看到了
So have you.
你也一样
Yes I have. But not to the guy I work for.
对,我做过,但不是对自己老板
You got a little wild streak.
你有点儿野性难驯啊
Huh?
是不是
Let's see how you do today.
看看你今天的表现
Then we'll talk.
然后我们再谈
'Cause there's some unfinished business with the florist.
因为我们和卖花的还有账要算,
Leave all that for later.
回头再说
Al.
阿尔
Go out there pick the 20 best men you can find
出去找20个你最棒的人手
take them over to the main gate at Western Electric.
带他们去西电公司大门
Help the voters make up their minds.
帮选民定下主意
You with us?
你一起来吗
He needs to ask his wife.
他得问他老婆
I don't need to ask anyone anything.
我不需要问任何人
I think he wants to bite me.
我看他是想咬我了
Respect the boundaries huh?
别太过分
Still got that piece?
家伙还在吗
You mean this?
这个吗
Hold on.
收好
Shouldn't be any need but...
应该用不上,不过...
Are you okay then?
你可以吧
Perk yourself up.
来精神精神
I'm fine right now.
我现在就很好
Don't you want to be my friend?
不想做我朋友吗
Yeah! Who's gonna fuck with us huh?
谁敢跟我们作对
We had a party.
我们开了个派对
Who's we?
你们是谁
Just the fellas
就是几个朋友
my roommate Clayton and me.
我和舍友克莱顿
Some girls.
几个女孩
There was liquor.
派对上有酒
Where'd that come from?
哪儿来的
Will you need to tell me.
威利,你得告诉我
It was...
酒是...
Mr. Doyle.
多伊尔先生
Mickey sold you liquor?
米奇卖你酒
Why didn't you come to me?
为什么不找我
I didn't want you to know.
我不想让你知道
But I know now.
可我现在知道了
You see Will?
懂了吗,威利
The liquor came from me.
酒是我的酒
I didn't know and now there's a problem.
而我不知情,现在就有了问题
I'm sorry.
对不起
I'm an idiot. I'm sorry.
我是个白痴,非常抱歉
All right Mickey sold you liquor.
好吧,米奇卖给你酒
You brought it back to school.
你带回学校
It was just a party.
只是个派对
everybody was having a good time.
大家都玩得很开心
The next morning Henry was
第二天早上亨利就
he wasn't moving.
就不动了
I don't know.
我不知道
Did he drink a lot?
他喝的多吗
As much as anyone else.
跟其他人差不多
But he was the only one who... Yes.
可他是唯一一个... 是的
How well d did you know him?
你和他有多熟悉
I didn't.
不熟悉
I thought he was your friend.
我以为他是你朋友
What?
什么
When we had dinner you called him a friend.
我们吃饭的时候,你管他叫朋友
I don't have a lot of friends here Uncle Nucky.
我在这里没有多少朋友,努基伯父
I'm going to talk to the district attorney.
我要去跟地方检察官谈谈
If he's just fishing then I'll know it
如果他只是试探,我会知道
and it all goes away.
然后一切都会过去
What you have to do is pull yourself together
你要做的是,振作起来
and remember the truth.
记住事实真相
Let me ask you again
我再问你一次
was Henry your friend?
亨利是你的朋友吗
Yes.
是的
How much did he drink?
他喝了多少
A lot.
很多
Where did you get the liquor?
你从哪弄的酒
I didn't bring any liquor.
我没带酒
Good.
很好
Following an inspection of your domicile
在对您的住所进行检查之后
the officer will submit a report...
警察会提供一份报告...
Mrs. Darmody?
达莫迪夫人
Mrs. Darmody are you all right?
达莫迪夫人,您没事吧
You're looking a bit peaked.
您看起来有些憔悴
I didn't sleep last night.
我昨晚一夜没睡
I'm sorry to hear it.
我替您难过
I wake up and I think
我忽然醒来,想到
"Must check on Tommy."
"我得去看看汤米"
I'm out of bed and I realize... Yes.
起床之后才想起... 是啊
I realize he's not there.
才想起他不在家里
And there's no getting back to sleep.
然后就睡不着
Not at all.
一直无法入睡
After the officer submits a report
警官的报告呈上来后
the court will make its final determination
法院会对抚养权一事
regarding the question of custody.
做出最终判决
What do I have to do?
我需要做些什么
You don't have to do anything.
您不需要做任何事情
What the officer will be looking for is a true picture
警官要看到的是男孩将回到的那个家
of the home the boy would be returning to.
最真实的模样
I'm in a period of transition.
我正在做一些改动
A great deal of the furniture...
很多家具...
The furniture is not important.
家具并不重要
A gentleman I've been seeing
我最近在交往的一位绅士
he's highly placed in an important national firm.
是一家重要国家公司的高管
A great deal of responsibility.
责任重大
He'd prefer not to have that bandied about.
他不想遭人议论
He prides himself on discretion.
他以谨慎为荣
And his taste in decor is...
还有他对装饰的品味
May I trouble you for a glass of water?
我能麻烦您倒杯水吗
I'm sorry. I'm so sorry.
对不起,对不起
It's all right. I don't know what's wrong with me today.
没关系,我不知道我今天是怎么了
Oh dear.
天呐
I must look quite a horror.
我看起来一定很糟糕
Not at all.
一点也不
I'm just in such a state.
我今天很不在状态
You reach a point in life and you
你到达了一个人生的阶段
realize it's what you leave behind that matters.
意识到自己撇下的才是最重要的
And the thought that Tommy might not remember me at all
汤米可能一点都不记得我
as if I never even existed.
就好像我从未存在过
Best to take it one step at a time.
最好一步一步来
Is there anything I can do to help my situation?
我可以做些什么来改变我的状况吗
As I explained... I mean right now.
我解释过,我说现在
Is there anything I can do right now?
现在我能做什么吗
Mrs. Darmody. Yes?
达莫迪夫人,什么事
It would be in your best interest
你最好马上离开
to leave these chambers immediately.
这间办公室
I'm late for an appointment.
我有约会要迟到了
Mr. Thompson. Eugene Mulhearne.
汤普森先生,我是尤金·莫赫恩
I'm an assistant district attorney. How do you do?
助理地方检察官,你好
Mr. Mulhearne you're not who I want to see.
莫赫恩先生,我要见的不是你
The district attorney asked me to meet with you
地方检察官让我来见你
and answer any questions you might have.
回答你所问的问题
Why isn't he here?
他为什么不在这
He had other obligations regretfully.
很遗憾他有要事在身
You fellows are making a mistake.
你们犯错了
How's that?
此话怎讲
Trying to turn a quirk of fate into what?
要把一个的不幸的事件变成什么
A manslaughter charge?
谋杀案
10 separate witnesses say he brought liquor to that party.
10个目击者说他把酒带到了那个派对上,
Is that really worth your time and effort?
这件事值得你浪费时间和精力吗
If that boy was poisoned then yes.
如果那个男孩是被毒死的,那就值得
Where are you getting that from?
你从哪里得到那个信息的
His symptoms are consistent with poisoning.
他的症状与中毒相符合
Alcohol poisoning.
酒精中毒
That's not what the coroner says.
验尸官可不是这么说的
What's that got to do with my nephew?
跟我侄子有什么关系
This office intends to find out.
警局会查出来的
Let's cut the bullshit. Your boss and Waxey Gordon
我们别说废话,你的老板和瓦克西·戈登
had a conversation this morning at my request
今早应我邀请进行了一次谈话
and it was agreed that this occurrence
并达成共识,这个事件尽管很让人痛心
terrible as it was isn't anybody's fault.
但不是任何人的过失
That couple outside
外面的那对夫妇
they're Henry Gaines's parents.
是亨利·盖恩斯的父母
Mr. Gaines is a major contributor
盖恩斯先生是宾州共和党的
to the Pennsylvania Republican Party.
一位重要捐款人
He's lost his son
他痛失爱子
and he doesn't want to hear about life's random misfortunes.
他可不想听到这是什么人生的不幸
Someone's got to answer for this.
肯定要有人承担
We just don't have any choice.
我们没有办法
How are we keeping? I am fine.
你怎么样了,我很好
You are fine.
你很好
I admire that kind of backbone.
我欣赏你的骨气
Does he know how tough you are?
他知道你有多坚强吗
Who?
谁,
Your boss Mr. Thompson.
你的老板,汤普森先生
I understand. Good soldier.
我明白,好士兵
Really the more I see of you the more I like.
说真的,我越来越喜欢你了
But let me ask this...
但是我要问问你
would he do the same for you?
他也会为你做这样的事吗
You've been here all day Eddie.
你在这一整天了,埃迪
No one's asked for you.
没有人找你
Not on the boardwalk not over at the Onyx Club
木板路上,玛瑙俱乐部没有人找你
not in the speaks or the wire rooms.
没人打电话,没人发电报
The world is going on without you.
世界抛弃了你
Nucky Thompson is going on without you.
努基·汤普森抛弃了你
And the only person who
此时此刻
really cares what happens to you right now
唯一一个关心你的人
is me.
就是我
You are my friend?
你是我的朋友吗
No I am not.
我不是
Then who are you?
那你是谁
That's who I am.
这就是我
And I'm going to own every last bit of you.
我要折磨你到死
Clean yourself up.
把自己收拾干净
Who was Henry Gaines?
谁是亨利·盖恩斯
He was a friend of mine.
是我的一位朋友
Who brought the liquor?
酒是谁带来的
Beats me.
不清楚
How much did Henry drink?
亨利喝了多少
A lot.
很多
Who slipped him the Mickey?
谁给的他毒酒
The what?
什么
The Mickey Finn. The knockout punch.
混了毒药的酒,让他致死的那杯酒
Whatever was in there.
里面有什么东西
I... I don't uh...
我,我不知道
Willie I have to ask you not to lie just now.
威利,你不要跟我撒谎
It won't help. And frankly I don't like it.
没好处,坦白讲,我也不喜欢
I need to know what's true
我需要知道真相
so we can agree on the rest. Understood?
这样我们就能统一口径,明白吗
It was supposed to be a gag.
只是个恶作剧而已
That's all.
就这样
Whose idea was it?
主意是谁出的
Mine.
我,
Just yours?
就你自己
Willie.
威利
Clayton helped me.
克莱顿帮我了
Your roommate?
你的室友
And Henry?
亨利呢
What did he do to deserve it?
他做了什么落到这个下场
He thought he was better than me.
他觉得他比我强
But he wasn't.
但是他没有
All right.
好吧
Here's what I'm going to need you to do.
我需要你这么做
Factory gates are there
工厂的门在那
polling booth down that way.
投票站在那边
You know the situation.
你知道该怎么做
Make sure they vote for Klenha
确保他们投票给科林哈
or don't vote at all.
要不然就不许投
Most people they don't want trouble.
大多数人,不想找麻烦
Who's the mayor who's the president
谁当市长,谁当总统
what's it to them?
对他们来说算什么
We'll run this burg.
我们来管理这个镇
Keep the green flowing.
保持财源滚滚
That's all anyone cares about.
这才是大家所在乎的
And O'Banion?
奥巴尼恩呢
Lots of ways to do business.
做事的方法有很多种
See how it plays out.
看看进展如何吧
Got the piece?
家伙带了吗
Right here.
在这里
Then hop to it.
那就行动吧
Don't worry about my brother okay?
不用担心我弟弟,好吗
Sometimes he just needs a good kick in the ass.
有时他需要被教训一番
Who's gonna do the kicking?
谁来教训他
It's an advance.
这是预付
Stick with me huh?
跟着我
I'll put grass on your fucking lawn.
我给你的院子铺草
I'm ready.
我准备好了
Hello.
你好
There's no reason for this to get out of hand.
一切皆在掌控之中
All we need to do is remind them
我们要做的就是提醒他们
why it's in their own
投给共和党
best interest to elect the Republican ticket.
是最明智之举
As each worker goes by I want you to inquire
一有工人过来,你们就询问
how he intends to vote. Inquire?
他要投给谁,询问
They already know what can happen
他们清楚自己的举动所带来的后果
and most people don't want trouble.
大多数人都不想惹上麻烦
I didn't come out for no tea social.
我可不是来和平谈判的
Al says give it to 'em good. Al's not in charge here.
阿尔说给他们点颜色瞧瞧,阿尔不管这里
I am. You ain't in charge of nothing.
我管,你管个屁啊
I say we pick the first guy and clobber him.
我们把第一个走出来的人狠揍一顿
We're doing it my way. Or what?
按我说的做,不然呢
Go ahead and try.
你动手试试
Coming through. Coming through here.
让一让,让一让
Who you voting for today? None of your damn business.
你投给谁了,关你屁事儿
Voting Republican friend? What's it to you?
投给共和党,朋友,与你何干
Got a minute?
有空吗
Hold on there.
等一下
I'm talking to you.
我在和你说话
Just stop for a second God damn it!
站住,天杀的
Move back! Move back!
回去,回去
Come on. Johnny go go! Let's go let's go!
走,乔尼,快走,快走
You see none of this had to happen.
瞧,这些都不必发生的
Move move! Let me in! Let me in!
快快,让我进去,让我进去
Get inside!
进去
I uh...
我...
I'm looking for someone.
想找个人
I don't know his name
我不知道他的名字
but I'm told he could be found here.
但有人告诉我能在这里找到他
I realize we've never met before.
我知道我们以前从未见过
This is probably not how you normally conduct business
可能你一般不这么做生意
but I made some inquires.
不过我问过别人
Here I am.
所以我来了
You far from home Bo Peep.
你离家太远了,牧羊女,出自美国童谣,'小牧羊女'
Nothing is very far from anything here.
这里事事都是有关联的
Is it?
对吧
You're gonna take the skin off.
皮都快被你擦掉了
Who sent you around?
谁告诉你来这儿的
Does that matter?
很重要吗
I like to know where my customers come from.
我得知道我的顾客从哪里来的
I spent several years on the stage.
我吃过几年舞台饭
Do tell.
继续说
You know how show people are.
你知道混演艺圈的人是怎么样的
How are they?
怎么样
We like to keep our ears close to the ground.
我们都喜欢把耳朵贴着地板
Well what you got tucked up your little pouch there?
你攥着的手袋里有多少呢
May I examine the preparation first?
我能先看看货吗
No you mayn't.
恐怕不行
That's all I've got.
我只有这么多
Then you find that lost sheep somewhere else.
那你还是去别处吧
Perhaps we could discuss another form of payment?
我能用其他的东西付款吗
I'm having a difficult day Mr...?
我日子不太好过,您贵姓
Oxford. Mr. Oxford.
牛津,牛津先生
A very difficult day.
很艰难的日子
Just one of those times
某些时候
when you need a little extra help.
需要一些小小的帮助
That's all this is.
仅此而已
You best go easy now Little Bo.
你最好悠着点,小牧羊女
I like my lambs keep coming home.
我希望我的小羊知道回家
Where I went?
我去了哪里
State Normal over in Trenton.
特伦顿的师范学校
Your Aunt Mabel was there.
你阿姨梅布尔也在那里
She was going to be a teacher.
她想做一名教师
I didn't like the idea of other fellas
我不喜欢别的人
helping her with the classwork.
帮助她的课业
So I thought I'd be a teacher too.
所以,我也决定做一名教师
Why didn't you?
为什么没做成
The Commodore needed me.
准将需要我
And I came back home.
所以我回来了
There are more important things than what may
比起个人娱乐之事
or may not have happened at some party.
还有更重要的事等着你
My father won't know?
我爸爸不会知道
No one will know.
没人会知道
Mr. Thompson. Lawrence Eisley.
汤普森先生,我是劳伦斯·埃斯利
Mr. District Attorney.
检察官先生
Thanks for making the time.
谢谢抽时间来
Sorry for the mix up earlier. Not to worry.
之前的事情很抱歉,没关系
But I'm sure you can appreciate my concern.
不过你肯定能理解我的担心
Oh I'd feel the same way if it was my nephew.
如果是我侄子,我肯定和你一样的反应
We want to get this cleared up before it turns into something.
趁事情闹大之前,我们得弄清楚
I completely understand.
完全理解
Well young man
年轻人
I'm told you might be able to help us
有人说你能
with this unfortunate event.
帮助我们调查这件不幸之事
You just tell them what happened as best you remember it.
你记得什么就告诉他们
First thing I want to say is...
首先,我要说...
Henry Gaines was a pal of mine.
亨利·盖恩斯是我的朋友
No running.
别跑
We are ladies and gentlemen here.
你们都是绅士和淑女
Tommy I've told you time and time again walking.
汤米,我给你说过无数次了,慢慢走
Darling.
亲爱的
It's me. It's Mima.
是我啊,我是奶奶
Look at you. You're a beautiful little man.
瞧瞧,真是个帅小伙儿
I'm going to kiss you hello.
我要给你一个见面吻
May I do that?
我能亲你吗
Are you learning a lot here?
你在这里能学到东西吗
That makes Mima so happy
奶奶真替你开心
because she wants you to be smart.
因为我想让你变得聪明
She wants you to be the smartest boy there ever was.
想让你变成聪明绝顶的人
Now there's something I have to tell you.
我有些事情得告诉你
I met a man.
我遇见了一个男人
A very sweet man.
很好的男人
His name is Roy.
他叫罗伊
I think you're going to like him.
你肯定会喜欢他的
We're all going to be together
我们会生活在一起
and that's going to make us so happy.
我们会开开心心的
Won't that be nice?
那样好吗
All right. All right.
好啦,好啦
I have something for you.
我有东西给你
It's... here it is.
这个
It's an Abba-Zaba.
叫"阿巴真棒"
I don't know what that is
我也不知道这是什么
but I'm sure it's wonderful.
不过肯定很好看
And it's for you.
这是给你的
And we're going home now.
现在我们回家吧
It's all been taken care of.
家里都收拾好了
You're going to come home with...
你和我一起
with me.
回家
Hello Julia.
你好,茱莉亚
How are you?
你好吗
I'm very well.
我很好
Are these your relations?
他们是你的亲戚吗
They're teachers.
他们是老师
Of course they are.
当然
Well then... What are you doing here?
那个... 你来这里做什么
Just bringing Tommy home.
带汤米回家
He doesn't live with you anymore.
他不和你住在一起了
Now Julia that's for the judge to decide.
茱莉亚,那得法官说了算
We had a chat today and he was very forthcoming.
今天我们聊了会儿,他觉得我很有希望
Come on sweetie. I'm here.
走吧,亲爱的,我在这里
No no.
不不
This isn't proper.
这样不对
It's a beautiful day and this isn't proper.
今天是美好的一天,这样很不好
We're going to walk this way.
我们走这边
Okay? And we're not looking back.
好吗,而且不要回头
This way ma'am. Let go of me.
请这边走,女士,放开我
Let's go. Come on. Let go of me.
我们走吧,放开我
You don't have the right. Now please.
你们没有这个权利,请这边走
You can't just bleach me out like a laundry stain.
你们不能把我当污点一样从他生命中抹去
Let go of me. Come on.
放开我,快走
I have to give him the Abba-Zaba.
我得给他"阿巴真棒"的票
Here it is.
就是这
Not bad.
还不错
It's okay. Ma put up the curtains.
还好,老妈挂的窗帘
Can you play this?
你会弹这个
Not really.
不太会
You need to find yourself a girl to serenade.
你得找个姑娘听你唱情歌
Give you an incentive.
给你自己一点动力
Shut the door for a minute Will.
把门先关上,威尔
Uncle Nucky... No lecture.
努基伯父,不说教
Just a few things I want to say.
只是有些话想说
Whatever occurred it's over.
不管发生了什么,都过去了
But every now and then you'll think
但以后时不常,你会想起
about the terrible thing that happened to a boy
这个连长什么样都记不清的男孩
whose face you can't quite remember.
身上发生的惨剧
I promise you can live with it.
我保证,你会没事的
Is that what you do?
你就是这样的吗
You're going to graduate.
你会毕业
We'll get you into another school
如果有必要
if that's what's necessary.
我们会帮你转学
It's not important now.
现在这都不重要
You worry about what other people might say.
你担心其他人怎么说
You worry about someone you call a friend.
担心那些被你成为朋友的人
None of that matters.
这些都不重要
The only thing you can count on is blood.
唯一可以依赖的东西,就是血缘
The blood that's in your veins
在你血管中流淌的
and the blood that's in mine.
和在我血管中流淌的一样
The people who discount you
那些瞧不起你的人
they don't know who you are.
他们不知道你是谁
The rage you feel... listen to me careful...
你感受到的愤怒,给我听仔细了
it's a gift.
是一份馈赠
Use it.
用好它
But don't let anyone see it.
但是不要让别人看到
Know that I'm watching over you.
你知道有我照管你
Show me the person you intend to be.
把你想成为的那个人展现给我
How much did you pay the district attorney?
你给地方检察官多少钱
One day we'll talk about all that.
以后我们再谈这个
Right now you just need to stick to what we discussed
现在,你就按我们之前讨论的办
and not worry about the rest.
其他的事别担心
I'm sorry.
抱歉
You're Clayton? Yes sir.
你是克莱顿,是的,先生
You're Willie's father?
你是威利的父亲
No his uncle.
不,是他伯父
How do you...
您怎么
I'll come back later.
我晚会再回来
I was just... It's all right.
我只是,没关系
I have to get back home.
我得回家了
Remember what we talked about.
记住我说的话
It's good to meet you Clayton.
很高兴见到你,克莱顿
Where the hell have you been all day?
你这一整天都去哪了
Didn't feel like going to class.
不想去上课
Christ Will everybody's talking about...
天呐,威尔,大家都在讨论
what are we gonna do?
我们要怎么办
It's taken care of.
都解决了
What does that mean?
什么意思
It's been taken care of.
问题解决了
He's dead Will. That's not just gonna go...
他死了,威尔,你不能就这么
Clayton I have to study.
克莱顿,我得学习
What?
什么
There's a test in commerce tomorrow
每天商学课考试
and I have to study.
我得学习
So how about you leave me alone?
你让我一个人待会怎么样
Let's see what you got tough guy.
让我来看看你有什么本事,男子汉
Mueller!
穆勒
Out of the way. Move. Move.
闪开,闪开
What the fuck's going on here?
这他妈是怎么回事
A numerically disadvantaged situation.
一个人数劣势的情况
A what?
什么
There's six carloads on the way.
六车人在路上
Just keep 'em behind that gate until they get here.
在人到之前别让他们出门
Come on let me at 'em!
来,让我来
Here take that!
给你,尝尝这个
Ain't no need for any grief fellas.
没必要发生冲突,伙计们
It's all sewed up anyway.
结果早就定了
Go home.
回家吧
Have a nice dinner.
好好吃顿晚餐
Make some more money tomorrow huh?
明天多赚点钱
We're waiting for the cops.
我们在等警察
They ain't coming. How do you know?
他们不会来了,你怎么知道
I got a buddy on the force.
我警察局认识人
And who are you?
你们是谁
Who are we? I'll show you who the fuck we are.
我们是谁,我让你知道我们是谁
Don't tell me what to do.
别他妈教我该干什么
That's big talk little man!
小个子,话说的挺大啊
It matters to me.
对我来说很重要
This is America!
这是美国
We need those extra men or we need to leave.
我们需要那些多余的人手,不然就得撤了
Shut the fuck up!
闭嘴
I'll nail you in front of a cigar stand
我给你戴上顶战冠
with a warbonnet on your scalp.
把你钉在雪茄架上
Take this.
尝尝这个
This is how it is.
情况就是这样
We're running Cicero.
我们要管理西塞罗
It's all done legal.
法律上已经成为事实
Anybody don't like it then step out here.
不满意的,可以站出来
Come on. Come on guys. Come on.
来啊,来啊,伙计们
Just one of you.
就一个
Step out
站出来
if you think you got the fucking balls.
如果你觉得你有种的话
Get them dago sons of bitches!
干倒这群外国佬混蛋们
Take that back to Chicago.
带着这个回芝加哥去吧
He's got a gun!
他有枪
Frank!
弗兰克
Frank!
弗兰克
I called you 10 times.
我给你打了10次电话了
I'm here.
我在这了
Did I do something wrong?
我做了什么错事吗
Not to me.
不是对我
You were very cold when I found you.
我发现你的时候你浑身冰冷
I must have just fallen asleep.
我肯定是睡着了
How you feeling now?
你现在感觉如何
Better.
好多了
Rough day?
今天过的不好吗
Or shouldn't I ask?
还是说我不该问
What were you doing in the powder room?
你在化妆间干什么呢
Cleaning this up for you.
帮你把这个清理干净
Found it lying on the floor.
发现它们都在地上
That's... that's just...
那些,那些是
Yeah I know what it is.
我知道是什么
Does that help you?
能让你舒服点吗
Not anymore.
没用了
How does that make you feel?
那是什么感觉
Terrified.
害怕
I must repulse you.
我只能拒绝你了
No. I know about weakness.
不,谁都有弱点,我了解
And I know about sin.
谁都有罪孽,我也了解
You don't know about me.
但你不了解我
Then tell me
那就跟我讲讲
if that would make any of this better.
也许能让你好受点
Roy...
罗伊
I have done the most awful things.
我做过非常可怕的事
Tuch.
布料
Manufaktur.
工厂
Und Konfektionsgeschaft.
还有织布工人
Karstadt.
卡尔施泰特,均为德语,卡尔施泰特是欧洲最大的百货邮购集团,位于德国
That's a mouthful.
真拗口
We just say department store.
我们这就叫百货商店
What is that?
那是什么
This is something we've been waiting for.
我们期待已久的东西
Now it's arrived. From far across the seas.
终于到了,来自大洋彼岸
Stellvertretender Direktor.
副经理(德语)
Assistant manager.
副经理
Was that a good job?
这工作好吗
It was a position of respect.
很有地位
Watch over the employees. Make sure nobody steals.
不就是盯住雇员,不让他们偷鸡摸狗
There were many responsibilities.
还有很多别的职责
And they all depended on loyalty didn't they?
不管什么职责,都是忠诚为先
Loyalty and honesty.
忠诚,诚实
You pride yourself on that. I strive.
这两点你引以为豪,我是努力争取
You strive. You strive.
努力争取,努力争取
Did you even tell your wife?
你告诉过妻子吗
Your sons? Or just leave with the money?
儿子们呢,还是只带着钱跑了
The money and mistress.
钱和情妇
She worked behind the lingerie counter.
她是卖内衣的
How long did that last?
卖了多久
Not long.
没多久
So much for happiness huh Ed?
快乐总是不长久啊
I am a legal resident of the United States.
我是美国的合法公民
You are what I say you are.
我说你是什么你就是什么
And I say you don't belong here.
我说你不属于这
Then deport me.
那把我驱逐出境吧
I was Army Intelligence during the war.
一站时,我在军情处
I thought the language was very beautiful.
我觉得德语特别美妙(前面那段德语以及下文均节选自舒伯特,"魔王")
"Afather rides with his son through night and wind.
"父亲怀抱爱子,深夜在风中飞驰,
The child is terrified.
孩童惊恐万分
A demon in the woods.
是那林中的恶魔
The Elfking."
魔王"
What does the father say Ed?
父亲说了什么,埃迪
Mein Sohn es ist ein Nebelstreif.
吾儿,那只是一片迷雾
"Only a wisp of fog." Ja.
"只是一片迷雾" 对,
But the father was wrong and the Elfking is real
但父亲错了,魔王真的在那
and the son... what happens to the son Ed in beautiful German?
他儿子,用美妙的德语告诉我,他儿子怎么了
In seinen Armen... In seinen Armen das Kind war tot.
爱子,却已于怀中长眠
"In his arms "
爱子,
the child was dead."
却已于怀中长眠"
Your boys Konrad and Lucas they're grown men now.
你的儿子,康拉德和卢卡斯,已经成年了
Lucas has a son of his own.
卢卡斯都有儿子了
What? They changed their last name.
什么,他们改姓了
As if you didn't even exist.
当你根本不存在
To escape the shame their father the thief
为了忘记他们的父亲,盗贼,骗子
the liar the traitor
叛徒
brought upon them.
带给他们的耻辱
Six days from now
再过六天
you'll be in the custody of the Hanover police.
我们就把你移交给汉诺威警局
Then you and your boys will get acquainted all over again.
让你的儿子们重新认识一下你
Think how glad they'll be to see you.
他们肯定特别开心
What do you want from me?
你想要什么
We want you to tell us something.
要你嘴里的信息
What? What?
什么,要什么
I do not know.
我不知道
What do you want me to say?
你要我说什么
You decide. You decide and you can go.
你决定,决定好了,就可以走了
I do not understand.
我不明白
It's very simple Ed.
很简单,埃迪
You tell us one thing one little thing
只要说一件事,一件小事
and we're done for today. You have my word.
今天就算结束了,我保证
Call it a demonstration of loyalty.
就当是表一下忠心
Ralph Capone.
拉尔夫·卡彭
Yes?
然后呢
At the train station.
在火车站
That was the man I gave the money to.
我把钱给了他
Why?
为什么
Because...
因为...
that is what Nucky told me to do.
努基要我那么做
See how easy that was?
你看这多简单
Ed...
埃迪...
we'll see you again soon.
回头见了
I get off a train...
我刚下火车...
and right there
结果
in a newspaper...
就在报纸上看到
What was wrong with Brooklyn huh?
布鲁克林多好啊
We was all happy there.
我们仨那会特别开心
Al says "Come out" And...
阿尔说"出来吧"我们就
He wants to speak to you personal.
他想单独和你谈谈
Go on.
去吧
There's not much more to go on.
没什么线索
Word has it that it was Chicago's Detectives' Special Squad.
据说是芝加哥警局的特警
They say someone called and told them
他们说有人打电话来
the Cicero Police couldn't be trusted.
说不能相信西塞罗警局
He never got his gun out.
他枪都没掏出来
Every fucking thing that crawls
那群王八蛋们
is gonna pay.
都他妈要付出代价
Clayton Davies?
克莱顿·戴维斯
We're with the Philadelphia Police.
我们是费城警局的
You're not supposed to be up here.
你不该来这
Then you better not let anyone see me.
那就别让人看见我
Do you know what happened?
你知道发生什么了吗
They arrested Clayton.
克莱顿被捕了
What do you mean?
什么意思
The police came and they arrested him.
警察来了,把他抓走了
They said he poisoned Henry.
说他给亨利下毒
Why would somebody do something like that?
为什么要给他下毒
The hell happened to you?
你是怎么回事
What do you mean?
什么意思
You look like you slept on a bench.
你好像在长凳上过的夜
I spent the night with old friends.
我跟老朋友在一起
There was much drinking. Too much.
喝了很多酒,非常多
And the night became morning.
不知不觉天就亮了
If you're going to disappear for an entire day...
你要是想消失一整天
It will not happen again.
不会有下次了
I shouldn't have to worry about that. You understand?
你这份工作是不该让我操心的,明白吗
That's all I'm saying.
我只说这么多
It's a responsibility that you asked for.
这份工作是你主动要求的
Have you eaten? I am not hungry.
你吃了吗,不饿
Suit yourself.
随你便吧
Hold on.
等等
Come over here.
过来
Well?
看到没
Here's something else I'd rather not worry about.
要是你在身边,就没这么麻烦了

分享到