大西洋帝国第三季(MP3+中英字幕):第2集:努基在纽约城
日期:2017-03-09 14:47

(单词翻译:单击)

To the left we have our brandnew
左手边是刚落成的
Enoch and Margaret Thompson Pediatric Annex.
伊诺克与玛格丽特·汤普森儿科区
Please. Oh!
求求你
Her baby's death, it could easily have been prevented.
她的孩子本来不会死
Starting soon, I will be accepting cash directly.
很快我就会直接收现金
I have a middleman. He'll be in touch.
我有个中间人,他会来找你
We got company.
有客人
You don't tell me when the boss comes around?
老板来了你都不提前通报
You and me, we had our little fracas.
你和我,我们过去曾经有过节
Got off on the wombly foot is all.
起步就走错了方向
But we copacetic now. Sweet as Cracker Jack.
我们现在好了,好的不得了
Everything you do is because I paid for it.
你能这么做是因为我付钱了
Don't pretend you don't enjoy playing the benefactor.
你不是喜欢当善人吗
You made me a benefactor by giving that land away.
你不把那块地让出去,我也不用当善人
I'm Lillian Kent, but you can call me Billie.
我是莉莲·肯特,你可以叫我贝莉
Already New Year's back home.
已经要过新年了
Give my best to Katy.
替我问候凯蒂
I want to welcome Samuel to our table.
首先欢迎萨穆埃尔和我们共进晚餐
Thank you, Mrs. White and Mr. White.
非常感谢,怀特夫人和怀特先生
Effective immediately, I'll be exporting exclusively to Mr. Rothstein.
即刻生效,我的酒独家供应给罗斯坦先生
This is a business decision, Mr. Rosetti.
罗塞蒂先生,这是经营策略
I need 500 cases of rum.
我需要五百箱朗姆酒
You're making my decision very easy.
你让我更加坚定了我的决心
You'll plead guilty. You'll do two years at the most.
你认罪,至多判你两年
How, big chief. Which way to the Little Big Horn?
老大哥,小巨角怎么走
He sends you?
他派你来接我
Sharp as ever. No luggage, right?
还是那么犀利,没行李么
Very rustic here.
这里真是简朴啊
They ever let you out?
他们给你放风时间么
Fresh air?
呼吸新鲜空气
Okay, long ride. Don't want to cover everything at once.
好吧,路还长着,我们慢慢说
I can't drive if we hold hands.
你拉着我的手,我开不了车
Let me ask you something, Mickey.
我问你个事,米奇
How the fuck are you still alive?
你他妈的怎么还没死
'Cause I'm valuable.
因为我有用
I bring people together. They appreciate that.
我让大家凝聚在一起,大家都感激我
You're a backstabbing shit.
你个暗箭伤人的混蛋
No wonder we get along.
所以我们合得来
Look, Eli, things have changed.
伊莱,世道不同了
Nucky hard man to get to these days.
努基,见他有点麻烦
Can't just walk in and put your feet up.
没办法想见就见
A lot of hoops.
要走很多程序
And the Munya thing that did not help.
曼尼亚那事儿,让事态加剧了
What thing? Oh, just someone shot his face off.
什么事,他被爆头了
But who? Why?
是谁干的,什么动机
Big question mark.
疑问重重啊
So nobody just walks in.
所以他不是随便什么人都会见
But he told me, "Go fetch my brother. Get him set up."
但是他说, "去接我的兄弟,安顿好"
What the fuck are you babbling about?
你在叽叽喳喳什么啊
You...

work for me.
为我工作
Doing what?
做什么
Well, that's my decision, ain't it?
那得我说了算,对吧
Eli.
伊莱
Come on, now. Don't be a jaboney.
别这样,别装我的保镖
What are you gonna do?
你要做什么
There's no one else coming for you.
没其他人会来接你
Got you some joe.
您的咖啡
Hot enough? 'Cause I no?
还热么,我...不热么
Okay, fine.
好的
So what are we doing, boss?
老板,我们要做什么
Another night?
再待一晚
Back to New York?
还是回纽约
I mean, I'm just asking.
我只是问问
They got nice little pastries in there, too.
他们还准备了可口的点心
Can't get too much of a head start, can you?
趁早做准备总是好的,对吧
Help you, sir?
有什么能效劳的么,先生
We're here, right?
我们在这里,对吧
Tabor Heights.
塔博尔高地
Atlantic City is here. Mmhmm.
大西洋城在这里,恩
New York is here.
纽约在这里
And this...
这是...
That's the ocean.
那是大海
And one inch equals 10 miles.
一英寸相当于十英里
The scale.
比例
How's that?
什么
The scale of the map.
地图比例
That's what it's called?
这个叫地图比例吗
Usually.
一般是这么说
Sometimes it's not called that?
那有时不叫比例吗
No, pretty much always the scale.
不,基本都叫地图比例
A lot of traffic.
好多车
Yeah, the truck route to New York.
通往纽约的货车道
It's almost seven inches.
快七英寸了
Huh?
什么
Oh, right.

Good business?
生意不错啊
Till they finish that new highway,
他们完成那条新高速路之前
we're the last gas till Staten Island.
我们是新泽西最后一个加油站
What's he got in there?
里面是什么
The truck? Yeah.
卡车里,对
I fish?
我猜,鱼
Says fish.
写的是鱼
Could be something else. That come off the ocean, right?
也可能是其他的,海边来的对吧
I wouldn't have a clue about that.
我不知道
Who would?
谁知道
Sorry?
什么
Who would have a clue?
谁会知道
The sheriff, maybe? He keeps an eye on things.
也许警长知道,这里由他监管
Sheriff.
警长
He's what, on a horse or something?
他是... 骑马的还是...
No, he's got a Chevrolet.
不,他有一辆雪佛兰汽车
I'm supposed to pump gas.
我要去加汽油了
Hey. Sir?
嘿,先生怎么了
What's a decent place for chow around here?
这里有什么高档的餐馆
Blood pouring out of her.
她流了好多血
Really? And she staring right at me, close as you are now.
是吗,她盯着我,像你这么近
I didn't know what to do.
我不知道该怎么办
What could you do?
你能做什么
At least she was in the hospital.
至少她已经在医院里了
Yes. If that has to happen.
是的,事已成定局
Did she try and take care of it herself?
她好好照顾自己了吗
I mean, you hear about It wasn't that.
你听说... 不是那样的
It was an infection from raw milk.
是喝生奶造成的感染
My God. She didn't know.
我的天啊,她不知道
She didn't know the first thing about it.
她不知道产前基本的护理知识
It's pasteurized.
这牛奶是消过毒的
The Irish fellow, ma'am.
夫人,那个爱尔兰人来了
Visitors are announced by name, Philip.
菲利普,要说客人的名字
He's not really visiting, is he?
他不是来做客的,不是么
Come in, Mr. Sleater.
请进,斯雷特先生
Thanks. Ladies.
谢谢,女士们好
You know Miss Predock.
你认识普雷多克女士吧
You were at the New Year's do.
新年晚会上见过
You don't remember me. Mr. Sleater's quite observant.
你不会记得我的,斯雷特先生的观察力很敏锐
And Mrs. Thompson aims to keep me on my toes.
汤普森夫人是想让我保持警惕
I'm going to freshen up.
我去梳洗一下
And whenever you're ready, we'll... Thank you.
你们谈完了我们再说,谢谢
If there was a household account at the bank,
如果在银行开个账户
you'd be spared the trip.
你就不用跑了
This is how he wants to manage it.
这是他管理的方式
Will you be speaking with him today?
今天你能和他说上话吗
I can get him word.
我可以传话
He has the St. Gregory award from the diocese
教会为了感谢我们的资助
for our generosity.
要授予他圣格里高利奖
The bishop presents it.
主教亲自颁奖
Quite the honor.
荣誉之至
Can't very well be turned down
不太好拒绝
and it's awkward if he doesn't attend.
他不去的话,不太体面
I can make some excuse, but they need an answer, so...
我可以借口推掉,但是他们需要一个答复
I'll see he's told.
我一定把话带到
Good girl.
好样的
Emily's thriving? Well.
艾米丽还好吗,还好
Never as bad as the worst.
总比最坏的情况好
So your mom said that, too.
你妈妈说过同样的话
And yourself?
你怎么样呢
Plenty to keep me occupied.
有事情做
You're planning for the spring?
春天有什么计划吗
The hospital grounds.
医院的场地
I have business there, actually.
我在那边还有事
I can give you a lift if you'd like.
需要我载你一程么
Cornelia's driving me.
科妮莉亚会送我去
All taken care of, then.
注意安全
Let me go.
放开我
Let me go. It's leaking.
放开我,漏水了
I don't care. Stop it.
我不管,别闹了
Stop it! I'm ticklish! Stay here.
住手,我怕痒,别走
Stop! I'm not doing anything.
住手,我什么也没做
It's gonna overflow. I don't care.
会溢出来的,不用管
What are you do? Stop.
你干什么啊,住手
Fine, fine.
好吧好吧
Don't move.
别动
You look like a White Rock Girl.
这样很像"白石头上的女孩"
That's sweet. Now make yourself useful and fetch a dish towel.
嘴真甜,快点拿条洗碗巾过来
You're gonna take this and you're gonna pour it down the tub.
端走,倒进浴盆里
Yes, ma'am. Okay.
遵命女士,真乖
You got it?
端稳了
Hello?

Oh, it's you.
是你啊
No, I can't right now.
不,现在不行
Because I'm pickling some peppers, silly.
因为我在做泡椒,小傻瓜
Yeah, I bet you would.
我肯定你会的
Think she ever gets laid?
你觉得她和男人上过床吗
Who?

The White Rock Girl.
白石头上的女孩
I'm sure she has her admirers.
肯定有爱慕者
Yeah, but think about it.
可是想想的话
Those little wings would get crushed in a second.
她的小翅膀很容易被压碎的
Unless...
除非
She likes to be on top.
她喜欢女上式
Maybe she uses them to hover.
也许她只是用男人的手
It'd be like screwing a hummingbird.
她太小了,操她和操蜂鸟似的
Screwing a hummingbird.
操蜂鸟
*She flits, she flies She twirls in the air
她在空中振翅飞翔,随风旋转*
*My little hummingbird
我的小蜂鸟*
*She's my joy, my laughter
她是我的开心果*
*My love and my luck
我的至爱,我的幸运女神*
*But, Jesus Christ, she's too small to fuck.
可惜,她太小,不能操*
Hey, you know,
那个
maybe I could have one of the boys work that number out for me.
我可以让人帮我制作这首歌
Not so blue, obviously.
也不是很色情
Billie Kent,
贝莉·肯特
The Little Hummingbird.
"小蜂鸟"
And the gag is,
其中可以插个笑话
every time a goodlooking fella gets close to me...
一有男人接近我...
What's got into you?
你在想什么呢
You're not getting gloomy, are you, Gus?
你为啥闷闷不乐的,古斯
Hey, didn't we just have some fun?
我们刚刚不是很开心么
I have to meet a man at the Hotel Astor.
我要去艾斯托酒店见一个人
Very mysterious.
搞得好神秘啊
I'll see you later?
待会儿你还回来么
Why else am I in New York? Such a good liar.
我来纽约不就是为你吗,嘴甜的小骗子
And I'm going to call your landlord.
我还要打电话给你的房东
Don't. You have a flood in here.
别打了,你这儿漏水了
I just hate to bother Mr. Rothstein.
我不想麻烦罗斯坦先生
Whereas I love to bother Mr. Rothstein.
但是我就喜欢麻烦罗斯坦先生
Well, then,
好吧好吧
might as well tell him the whole place could use a coat of paint.
顺便让他把房间重新漆一遍,可好
I don't want to interrupt your work, sir.
我不想打扰你,先生
What time we open up, Mr. Purnsley?
我们什么时候开门,珀斯利先生
Club don't serve a whiskey before 10:00 PM.
晚上十点前俱乐部不卖威士忌
Maybe you come back around then.
不如你到时候再来
Got that professor up from Kansas City.
从堪萨斯城请的专家
He beat that old girl something fierce.
他比之前那个姑娘强多了
How you doing in school, Master Samuel?
萨穆埃尔少爷,学业如何
I'm working hard.
我很用功
Graduate in two and a half years.
再有两年半就毕业
Be a doctor.
当医生
Bet your parents must be proud.
你父母一定很骄傲
They own that boardinghouse over on Mediterranean
在地中海边上经营公寓
with the nice rooms for respectable folk.
房子高级,住的都是达官贵人
They have always held you in high regard.
他们对您都非常尊敬
What you come to say, son?
你来有什么话说
I think Maybelle is a wonderful, young woman, sir.
先生,我认为梅贝尔是个有魅力的年轻女士
Thank her mama for that.
这得多谢她妈妈
My feelings for her are deep and sincere.
我对她的感情是深刻而真挚的
I intend to make a place for myself in this world.
我有志干出自己的一番事业
I would like Maybelle by my side as I do.
希望能有梅贝尔陪在我身边
You talk to Maybelle about this?
这事你跟梅贝尔谈过吗
I thought it most proper for me to speak to you first.
我认为先跟您谈比较合适
A doctor, huh?
医生是吧
How 'bout you doctor me?
不如你先来给我看看
Is something bothering you?
您哪里不舒服吗
I don't know.
说不好
I ain't no doctor, am I?
我又不是医生对吧
I didn't bring any of my instruments.
我的器械都没带
But if you'll allow me...
但是如果您允许
I find it easier to measure the pulse here.
这里测脉搏比较容易
Breathe.
呼吸
Open your mouth for me, please.
请张开嘴
May I have your hands, sir?
先生,可以让我看看你的手吗
You have a mineral deficiency.
您有矿物质缺乏症
These white spots on the nails.
指甲上的这些白点
Is it bad?
严重吗
You might eat more leafy vegetables.
您最好多吃些绿叶蔬菜
Go in the back and tell Augusta to fix up a big plate of greens.
去后面告诉奥古斯塔做一大盘绿叶蔬菜
Am I suitable, Mr. White?
我合格吗,怀特先生
Welcome to the family, son.
欢迎你进门,小子
Mrs. Shearer?
席勒夫人
I'm sure you don't remember me.
您一定不记得我
I'm Margaret Thompson.
我是玛格丽特·汤普森
I was visiting here when you...
您...您出事的时候
had your difficulty.
我正在这里做客
I lost a little one.
我失去了宝宝
Yes, I'm sorry.
是的,非常遗憾
How are you feeling now?
您现在觉得怎么样
Well, I can't be lazing about in bed days on end.
我总不能整天赖在床上不做事
You lost quite a lot of blood.
您流了很多血
You're a nurse?
你是护士吗
I'm with a group that's trying to find better ways
我的团体致力于改善
for the hospital to look after our patients.
医院照料病人的方式
I don't have complaints. All the sisters were nice mostly.
我没什么可抱怨的,这里的修女都很友善
And Dr. Cheever?
奇弗医生呢
Did he offer any advice
他有没有叮嘱你
about how to tend to yourself in future?
以后如何照顾自己
I don't need him telling me, not after bringing nine into this world.
我生了九个孩子,不需要他来教我
Five that lived.
活着的有五个
I have two of my own, a son and daughter.
我也有两个孩子,一儿一女
Mr. Shearer was set on another boy
席勒一心想再要个男孩
after three girls in a row.
生三个女儿了
What does your husband do?
您丈夫是做什么的
We'll pay the bill, ma'am. I promise you that.
我们会付医药费的,夫人,我保证
That's not why I asked.
我不是要问这个
Then why do you need to know?
那你为什么要知道
I'm simply trying to get a sense of what your life is like.
我只是想了解一下您的生活状态
Well, no disrespect,
没别的意思
but I don't see that being any business of yours.
不过我看这完全不关你的事
Hello?
有人吗
Hello?
人呢
In the bowl.
放鱼缸里
Just put the money in the bowl.
把钱放在鱼缸里
I'm not doing that.
那可不行
I'd appreciate it if you did.
那样我会很感激的
$40,000 and I don't know who I'm giving it to?
四万美元,能不见人就给出去吗
It's the entire essence of the system.
正是这种交付方式的核心
I'm leaving.
我走了
Forgive my informal appearance.
请原谅我的非正式着装
It is unconscionably warm in here.
这里实在热得过分
You are?
你是
My general preference is to remain anonymous.
我通常不愿意透露姓名
But... Gaston Bullock Means.
加斯顿·布洛克·米恩斯
Special Investigator, United States Department of Justice.
美国司法部特别调查员
Where is Jess Smith?
杰西·史密斯在哪里
Jess Smith is conspicuously absent.
杰西·史密斯显然不在
How is that an answer?
这算什么答复
The client enters.
有委托人来
The payment is placed in the bowl.
报酬放在鱼缸里
The client leaves. Who has seen whom?
委托人一走,谁也没见过谁
No one has seen anybody.
大家互不碰面
And the Republic survives another day.
合众国才好延续
This is your idea?
是你的主意吗
It has the twin virtues of simplicity and mystery.
既简单又神秘
It strikes me as idiotic.
我看是白痴至极
Well, that is your prerogative.
那可是您的特权
Mr. Thompson, did you not make prior arrangements
汤普森先生,您难道不是事先与
with Messrs. Smith and Daugherty in regards
史密斯夫人和达赫提安排过
to certain services and protections?
某种服务和保护
And were you not given exact instructions
您难道没有接到过明确的指示
as to where and when this transaction would take place?
告知款项交付如何进行
I was.
接到了
And are we not now both
难道我们不是同样
growing older on a brisk winter's day
在这寒风凛冽的冬日
in the great port of New York,
在大纽约港
eager to see where fate leads us next?
急切地期待命运来临
What is going on with Smith and Daugherty?
史密斯和达赫提是怎么回事
My understanding is that they are no more than close friends,
我的理解是,他们不过是密友
base rumors to the contrary.
尽管传言截然相反
That's not what I meant.
我不是这个意思
I know what you meant.
我懂您的意思
But that would be another conversation in a different room.
不过那将会是另一处的另一场对话
What would that cost?
那又要多少钱
How would you judge a man you could buy
一个见面五分钟就可以收买的人
within five minutes of meeting him?
您怎么评价
I wouldn't trust him for a second.
我一秒钟都不会信他
Well, then, we are face to face
如此我们就达成了
with paradox.
带着矛盾的共识
Consider me an admirer, Mr. Thompson.
我崇拜您,汤普森先生
Ordinary men avoid trouble.
常人会躲着麻烦走
Extraordinary men turn it to their advantage.
精英会将麻烦转化为优势
You and I have that in common.
这一点上我们是一致的
Hello?
有人吗
Hello?
有人吗
Would you do me the favor
能不能帮我个忙
of waiting till Mr. Remus leaves
等雷穆斯先生离开之后
and then exit by that door?
从那扇门出去
Thank you.
谢谢您
Oh, and regards to Mr. Rothstein. I believe you're seeing him later.
代我问候罗斯坦先生,相信您一会就会去见他
Come in.
请进
Am I interrupting?
打扰您了吗
Why would I say "Come in" If you were?
那我还说什么"请进"
You tried to tell me something the other day.
那天您想告诉我一些事
I'm afraid I wasn't very receptive.
恐怕我当时不够礼貌
And?
然后呢
And it's been bothering me.
这件事一直困扰着我
I've looked in on Mrs. Shearer.
我去看望了席勒夫人
The E. ColI case.
大肠杆菌病例
Yes, the E. ColI case.
是的,大肠杆菌病例
What's your impression?
您的印象是
She's rather a difficult person, frankly.
坦白地说,她是个很难相处的人
Perhaps she's wary of wellmeaning strangers.
或许她是对怀有好意的陌生人有所警惕
Have I done something to offend you?
我冒犯过您吗
Why do you ask?
为何发问
You just might find it useful to be a bit warmer.
您态度温和些会有用得多
Because you're on the board?
因为您是董事会成员吗
I meant with people in general.
我指通常待人
How do you know how I am with people in general?
您怎么知道我通常待人态度如何
Let's say I'm forming an impression.
您给我这种印象
Perhaps your perception regarding my supposed brusqueness
或许您对于我的所谓粗鲁态度的片面见解
comes out of a sense of frustration.
是由于受挫
Whose? Mine?
谁受挫,我吗
I'm frustrated? Are you?
我受挫,不是吗
You have a maddening way.
您令人难以忍受
Perhaps it has something to do
或许这跟我们
with the care we offer women like Mrs. Shearer.
为席勒夫人这样的女士提供的照顾有关
Or don't. You're doing it again.
或许没有,您又这样了
Doing what? Blaming me for something.
怎样,因为什么事情责备我
What would I be blaming you for?
我有什么好责备您的呢
I haven't the slightest idea.
我完全不清楚
Then I'm really not sure what this conversation is about.
那么我就不知道我们这番对话的意义了
You gave me quite a severe lecture the other day
那天您对我说的话如同当头棒喝
and I'm here to see if there's something I might do about it.
我今天来是想知道有什么可以尽力的
I don't know what cause you have to resent me. I don't have any
我不明白您为什么厌恶我,我并没有...
Although I'm fairly certain it has to do
尽管我很清楚
with your assumption that I am rich, spoiled, and indifferent.
您一定认为我富有,骄纵,冷漠
You I'm not finished.
您,我还没说完
If you have a proposal for helping the women who come to this hospital,
如果您有帮助这家医院女性病人的提议
instead of simply a bad habit of flinging pointed barbs
而不是对您不喜欢的人夹枪带棒
at people you dislike and feeling pleased with yourself,
然后自觉优越
then I would very much like to hear it.
我很乐意听取
It's a Catholic hospital.
这是一家天主教医院
You knew that when you spoke to me last time.
上次您跟我说话时也很清楚这一点
How do you propose to persuade Dr. Landau?
您打算怎样说服兰道医生
I don't propose to persuade him at all.
我根本没有打算说服他
May I ask exactly what You may not.
我可否问问究竟... 不可以
Anything else?
讲完了吗
Yes. Please refrain from smoking that pipe or buy better tobacco.
没有,请您不要再抽烟斗或者买点儿好烟草
Whatever you stuff in there is appalling.
您抽的东西令人发指
We filled up. What are we hanging around for?
油加满了,还等什么
I run a tight operation, Eli.
我做事自有一套,伊莱
I don't need any guff from the fellas that work for me.
不需要手下人之言
I don't work for you.
我不是你手下
I hear there are opportunities out west.
听说西部机遇很多
Hop a rail. Godspeed.
坐火车去吧,祝你成功
Look, I just want to go home, see June and the kids.
听着,我只想回家见琼和孩子们
That you will, after we do this.
会见到的,办完这事
You kept me waiting, Victor.
你让我好等,维克多
I have a town to patrol.
我有镇子要巡视
Those Methodists keeping you up at night?
卫理会吵得你睡不着吗
I find trouble around here comes from the outside.
我发现这里的麻烦都来自镇外
Well, we got a convoy coming through tomorrow night.
明晚我们要运一批货
We don't want no trouble neither.
我们也不想找麻烦
The other half?
另一半呢
With the convoy, same as always.
货到付款,跟往常一样
You know Nucky's good for it.
你知道努基的信誉
Tank yourselves up and head on through.
加足油赶紧走
I don't want to see any of your boys lounge around Main,
我不想看见你的小弟在大路边晃
near the beaches, or the coast road.
海滩和海边公路也不行
You head on through.
径直往前走
What if they need to pray?
如果他们需要祈祷呢
Something on your mind?
你有事吗
You don't remember me?
不记得我了吗
You were up and down this shore 10 years ago
十年前你还在海边瞎转悠
looking for any job with a badge.
找机会当警察
Well, I found one.
我找到了
Tomorrow night, fill up your trucks and move on through.
明天晚上,加满油然后赶快走
You take care now, Sheriff Thompson.
你保重,汤普森警长
What was it like?
那是什么感觉
Just a little roadhouse off campus.
就是校外的一个旅馆
And you played piano there?
你在那弹钢琴
It's not so much a piano as it is a packing crate with keys,
与其说是钢琴不如说是带键盘的破箱子
but yes.
但是没错
And you do that King and Carter number, don't you?
你弹过金和卡特的曲子,是吗
Maybelle Anne, jazz is the devil's music.
梅贝尔·安,爵士是魔鬼的音乐
And no selfrespecting negro would go near it.
自尊自重的黑人绝不会染指
Oh, Father.
父亲
Are we called to dinner?
到晚饭时间了吗
Lester, I need to talk to your sister.
莱斯特,我要和你妹妹谈谈
Go down and help set up.
下楼帮着摆餐具吧
Yes, sir.
好的,先生
I'll give you those Claude McKay poems.
我一会儿把克劳德·麦克凯伊的诗给你
They're worth a look. Okay.
值得一读,好
Your beau came to see me today.
你男朋友今天来找过我
I know.
我知道
He called here afterwards.
他见完你给我打电话了
Your mom ain't saying nothing.
你妈妈没告诉我
I haven't told her.
我还没告诉她
Samuel's awful sweet, isn't he?
萨穆埃尔人很好,不是吗
Very respectful.
非常令人尊敬
He's going to be a good doctor.
他会是个好医生的
Good husband, too.
也会是个好丈夫
How old were you when you married Mama?
你和妈妈结婚时多大
Going on 26.
将近二十六
And when you saw her,
当你见到她时
you knew.
你就知道她是注定
I knew she wouldn't give me the time of day.
我知道的是她不会正眼瞧我
I knew her daddy tell everybody he meet
我知道的是他父亲见人就说
that I be half Apache and such and a noaccount
我是土着混血,但其实并非如此
all 'cause I come up from Texas,
只因为我来自德克萨斯
worked the storefront for old Oscar Boneau.
给老奥斯卡·伯努打工
What changed Grandpa's mind?
外公怎么回心转意的
He run into some problems, so I help him out.
他遇到些问题,我帮他解决了
How? Don't matter how.
怎么解决的,这不重要
He see he could count on me.
但他知道我靠得住
I be on the side of the family.
我会站在他家人这边
Now this man of yours gonna be a doctor.
你这个男朋友会当医生
That's good for us for this family.
这对我们家很好
What about me? Ain't you part of it?
那我呢,你不是家庭一员吗
Daddy, I don't want to just move from this house into someone else's.
爸爸,我不想从这房子搬到别人那去
It's gonna be your house.
那也会是你的房子
You and husband.
你和你丈夫的
And your little ones.
还有你们孩子的
I'm not ready for that.
我还没准备好要孩子
Oh, girl, it ain't gonna happen right away.
姑娘,又不是马上就要你生
I'm never gonna be ready.
我永远不会准备好
Not with Samuel.
和萨穆埃尔永远不可能
Your mama work for this.
你妈妈一直为此努力
Work all her days to raise you for this.
她把你养这么大就为了这一天
She married you. What that mean?
可是她嫁的是你,这是什么意思
You're interesting.
你很有意思
How did you help Grandpa?
你是怎么帮外公的
I won't tell.
我不会告诉别人的
Did you get rid of someone?
你帮他杀人了吗
Think me and you having some kind of discussion?
你以为我会和你讨论吗
It's my life, Daddy.
这是我的生活,爸爸
And how you gonna live it? Huh?
那你想怎么过日子
What, back seat of a car,
坐在汽车后座
swagger buck with a pistol, wife two county over?
用枪赚钱,远嫁到别的郡吗
Why not?
有何不可
I'll write a poem about it.
我会把它写成诗
Them people can't even sign they own name.
那些人都不能签自己的名字
And your life, your life belong... Mama says dinner.
你的生活,属于...妈妈说晚饭好了
You marrying that boy.
你得和他结婚
So tomorrow morning, 8:00 sharp. Big shipment for Rothstein.
明早八点整,有一大批给罗斯坦的货
Go fuck yourself.
去你妈逼
You have a nice night, too.
也祝你晚安
Bri? Hi, Pop.
布莱,嗨,爸爸
Look at you.
瞧瞧你
Daddy!
爸爸
Who are all these beauties and these handsome young men?
这些小美女小帅哥都是谁呀
Hey, Edith.
你好啊,伊迪丝
Someone too big for a hug?
长大了不想来抱一下吗
Welcome home, Dad.
欢迎回家,爸爸
Where'd you get that grip?
你这手劲儿哪来的
I don't know. He's been working in a lumberyard.
不知道,他在木材厂工作
Nobody told me that.
都没人告诉我
You had enough to worry about.
你要担心的事太多了
Evening, everybody.
大家晚上好
Cold out there, huh?
外面真冷
Miss.
小姐
What's good?
有什么推荐吗
Oh, everything. It's all made here.
什么都好,全是现做的
Spaghetti and meatballs.
意大利肉酱面
Tell me about that.
来跟我说说
It's like a noodle.
这是一种面条
And it's covered in a red sauce.
浇上红酱
But you could have it with butter instead.
但你也可以浇黄油
And balls of meat like this.
再加上这么大的肉丸
Sounds delicious. I'll have that.
听起来不错,我就点这个了
With the butter or the sauce?
要黄油还是酱
The sauce.

Make it two.
来两份
And you know what I'd like with that?
你知道我还想要什么吗
Just a little wine, hmm?
再来一杯葡萄酒
We don't have that. It's against the law.
我们没有,这违法了
Still, in the back, inside the cupboard...
但是,在后面,橱柜里面...
behind the sodypop.
苏打水后面
You know what's good here?
你知道这里什么好吗
The coffee.
咖啡
Brew it fresh every halfhour.
每半小时新煮一次
Best thing on a night like this.
这样的晚上来一杯最好了
Okay. Thank you.
好的,谢谢
We'll have spaghetti and coffee.
我们要意大利面和咖啡
Keep you nice and warm on the road.
让你在路上暖和些
No driving tonight.
今晚不上路
Staying in Tabor Heights?
留在塔博尔高地吗
We're over at the Kinneret Lodge.
我们住在加里利旅馆
Not much going on here this time of year.
这时候没什么好玩的
Asbury Park, Atlantic City, that's where the action is.
但是阿斯伯里公园,大西洋城就不同了
That's 60 miles.
那有六十英里远
Or you could head back to New York.
或者你可以开车回纽约
How you know we're from New York?
你怎么知道我们从纽约来的
Call it a hunch.
随便一猜
Better than Mama's, huh?
比妈妈做的好吃,对吧
What do you know about this Means fella?
你对这个家伙了解多少
He's a colorful personality.
他性格很多样
I don't need to get wrapped up in Harry Daugherty's mess.
我可不想惹上哈利·达赫提的麻烦
Do you?
你呢
The protection is valuable.
自我保护很重要
The cost is insignificant overall.
而总体来说花销又不大
They're collecting money in a fishbowl.
他们在用鱼缸收钱
I'd never advise against caution,
我一向提倡小心谨慎
considering the ongoing volatility in the marketplace.
再加上最近市场反复无常
If you're poking around Manny Horvitz, why don't you just say so?
如果你想打听曼尼·霍维茨的事,为什么不直说
Do you have a suspect?
你怀疑谁
Waxey Gordon comes to mind.
我想到了瓦克西·戈登
Naturally. But it's not Waxey,
当然,但不是他
because Waxey would have to clear it with you,
因为瓦克西肯定会先跟你报告
and you would have said no because you're in business with me.
而你会否决,因为你在和我做生意
That could be what I want you to think.
也许是我故意要你这么想的
It could, but I doubt it.
是有可能,但我不觉得
How can you be sure?
你怎么能确定呢
Because if you were trying to be obvious, you'd never be that obvious.
因为即使你想明着来,也不会挑这么明
This is why I enjoy our conversations.
我真享受我们的谈话
But I do hope you're paying equally close attention to our arrangement.
但我确实希望你也能关心我们的交易
There's a shipment going out tonight.
今晚有货要运出
We agreed on the fourth.
我们说好四号的
That's tonight.
也就是今晚
It's tomorrow, Mr. Thompson.
是明天,汤普森先生
Of course it is. My mistake.
当然,我弄错了
Well, a man's allowed to enjoy himself every now and then.
人总是得不时娱乐一下
I've got people on top of it, Arnold. That's why I pay them.
我派人盯着呢,阿诺德,我付钱请他们就是干这个的
As long as they have calendars.
只要他们有日历就行
Your radiators leak.
你的暖气漏水了
West 57th Street.
在西五十七街
Miss Kent's building.
肯特小姐的楼
You own it.
是你的
You might want to protect your investment.
你得好好保护自己的投资
Are you looking to rent?
你想租房子吗
East of the park would suit you better.
公园东边比较适合你
What are you implying?
你在暗示什么
She's a charming and vivacious young woman.
她是个迷人又有活力的女人
Prudence. Yes, ma'am?
普鲁登斯,有什么事,太太
Mr. Thompson has a morning suit.
汤普森先生有一套礼服
The striped trousers and cutaway jacket.
条纹裤子和燕尾服
Do you know where it is?
你知道在哪吗
No, but I'm sure I can find it.
不知道,但我肯定能找到
Check that it's sound and have it cleaned.
确保它干净并且完好无损
He's going to need it when he meets the bishop.
他去见主教时要穿
Oh, did you not get the message, ma'am?
你没收到留言吗,太太
What message?
什么留言
Mr. Thompson, he left word that he won't be attending the ceremony.
汤普森先生说,他不会参加仪式
Clean the suit anyway.
那也去把礼服洗干净
I'm afraid he's mistaken.
也许是他弄错了
Will.
威尔
Hi, Pop.
嗨,爸爸
I was up. Didn't want to wake your mother.
我先起了,不想吵醒你妈妈
What are you doing? Going to work.
你去干什么,去上班
Nothing for breakfast?
不吃早饭吗
There's coffee and donuts at the yard.
工地里有咖啡和甜甜圈
Not enough for a growing boy.
男孩长身体吃这点可不行
I'll be okay.
我没事的
Look, uh....
听着...
what you done here for your mom, brothers, and sisters...
你为你妈妈,弟弟和妹妹所做的
I'm proud of you.
我很为你骄傲
It's nothing, Pop.
没什么,爸爸
I'm home now.
我现在回家了
And I'm gonna, you know,
我会...
get back on the horse.
重新振作
So you don't have to do this anymore.
所以你不用再这样了
I'm pretty used to it.
我已经习惯了
You should be in school. You got your mother's brains.
你应该去上学,你和你妈妈一样聪明
I've been learning plenty. No, science, math.
我学的够多了,不够,科学啊,数学啊
I read Shakespeare.
我读莎士比亚
Can you beat that?
你能吗
Thine old pop.
汝老爸
That's the boss. He picks me up.
那是我老板,他来接我
Happy two birthdays ago.
两年前生日快乐
Pretty keen.
挺帅气
I got to go, Pop.
我得走了,爸爸
Keep it moving, fellas. Everything ready to go by sundown.
快动起来,日落前要都装好
Fit a whole 'nother row up there.
再装一排
Big shipment tonight, huh?
今晚货真多啊
Nothing gets past you.
什么都逃不过你眼睛
Where's it headed?
运去哪的
Maybe you don't understand the principle.
也许你不知道规矩
We pay you prohees not to ask questions.
付你钱就是让你闭嘴的
I haven't been paid yet.
我还没拿到钱呢
You know what's goofy?
你知道最可笑的是什么么
Cash business like this,
像这样的现金生意
come the end of the day...
到一天最后的时候
I still got empty pockets.
我手里还是没有钱
I found him hanging around outside.
我发现他在外面闲逛
8:00 AM I said.
我说的是早上八点
I'm here now.
我现在就到了
No, but I don't get it.
不,但是我不明白
I'm dressed as a hummingbird, Vi.
我穿的和蜂鸟一样,薇
And every time she gets near a fella...
每次她靠近一个男人
But how do the wings move?
但是蜂鸟要怎么动呢
That is someone else's problem.
那是别人的问题
But let's say
我说
let's say I get it into the Passing Show this year.
我们把它放到今年的昨日重现秀里
You're going to be in that show and everyone's going to love you,
你会出现在节目中,而且大家都会很爱你
but what'll happen to me?
那我怎么办
Well, you, maybe Hummingbird's best friend.
那么,你,也许,蜂鸟的好朋友
Sure!
当然
We could have a whole routine.
我们可以完成一整个新编排
They leave the nest and, um
他们把鸟巢留下了,然后
Wind up in a speak where they finish off
喝完一整瓶花蜜,看完喜剧之后
a whole bottle of nectar and comedy ensues.
以演讲收尾
When do we start?
我们什么时候开始
I'll talk to Lee Shubert tomorrow.
明天我和李·舒伯特谈
You know Lee Shubert?
你认识李·舒伯特
Oh, buzzbuzz, Vi. What?
嗡嗡,薇,怎么了
Close your mouth. Something might fly in.
闭上嘴,小心有东西飞进去
Right back.
马上回来
Don't drink everything without me.
没有我在什么都别喝
I had walking pneumonia last summer.
去年夏天我得了肺炎
She sat with me every day.
她每天都照顾我
Bought groceries. Made soup.
采购杂货,做汤给我
So you have to be nice to her. You have to.
所以你要对她好点,你一定要
I don't usually drink stuff this good
我一般喝不到这么美味的东西
because, well, a lot of the guys, you know,
因为,很多男孩,你知道
they dress real slick and flash a big bankroll,
他们衣着光鲜,腰财万贯
but, brother, they watch the meter.
但是,大哥,他们都是算着时间的
And then you find yourself at 4:00 AM
然后你发现凌晨四点你在约克维尔
in some godawful apartment in Yorkville looking for your stockings.
的一间破公寓里找你的丝袜
I wasn't suggesting that you
我不是指你
Don't concern yourself.
没关系
Guess who I just ran into.
猜猜我刚才遇到谁了
His Great Satanic Majesty, the Spider of Wall Street. No.
撒旦殿下,华尔街的阴谋老手
Oh, he's not so bad.
他没那么坏
That is not what you said last month.
你上个月可不是这么说的
People change their minds.
人会变的
I got a letter yesterday from that vicious,
我昨天收到那个曼西的邪恶老娘们
driedup bitch in Muncie oops, I mean my mother.
的来信,抱歉,我是说我母亲
Sends me a story cut out from "Collier's."
发给我一段从"矿工"里节选的故事
Guess what it's called.
猜猜叫什么
I can't imagine. Me neither.
猜不到,我也是
"Sad Nights of a Showgirl."
"歌舞女郎的悲伤夜晚"
Why is that funny?
有什么可笑的么
Your attention, please.
听我说
Thank you.
谢谢
This convoy is headed north for New York City.
这个车队要北上去纽约城
We're making exactly two stops.
要停两站
The first will be the Standard Oil station in Tabor Heights,
第一站是塔博尔高地上的标准石油加油站
New Jersey, to refill with petrol.
在新泽西,加汽油
The next will be the Rothmere Storage Corporation,
第二站是罗斯莫尔仓储公司加油站
62 Imlay Street in the borough of Brooklyn.
在布鲁克林市伊姆林大街六十二号
Two men in every cab. Second man will be armed.
每辆车两个人,助手配枪
If you're arrested, you know nothing.
如果被抓了,就说什么都不知道
Any questions?
有问题么
Then those that are done, line up for your pay.
那就这样,站好队来拿钱
Back in town.
出来了
Turns out they let you go if you ask polite.
原来如果你问的礼貌些,他们就会让你走
I'll tell Mr. Thompson you're situated.
我会告诉汤普森先生你安顿下来了
You're the golden boy now, huh?
你现在管事了是吧
I see things run smoothly, aye.
我负责让一切有条不紊,是的
Extra 50 for the trip to New York.
跟着去纽约的话多给五十
I didn't come for a handout.
我不是来求施舍的
Suit yourself.
那请自便
Anyway,
可是
I don't have a piece.
我没枪
Why don't you drink?
你为什么不喝点
I'm drinking.
我在喝
I'm having fun.
我在享受
It's why people come here.
人们来这不就为了这个么
If you don't want to marry me speak up. Yell.
如果你不想嫁给我, 大声,喊出来
Yell. Yell! Can't you do that?
喊出来,喊啊,喊不出来么
I said, if you don't want
我说,如果你不想
if you don't want to marry me...
如果你不想嫁给我
then why don't you just come out and say it?
那为什么不说出来
Pardon me. Can you watch what you're doing, sir?
抱歉,先生,你能注意点么
You watch this.
你注意点吧
Samuel!
萨穆埃尔
Daddy!
爸爸
Keep playing.
继续弹
What in the hell you doing here?
你在这干什么
You okay to walk?
能走么
Then walk. Take her with you.
那就走,带上她一起
That man needs help.
那个男的需要帮助
You ain't gonna be giving it to him.
你不能帮他
Look at me, girl.
看着我,姑娘
Look at me!
看着我
You interested now?
现在还感兴趣么
Am I interesting now?
还觉得我有意思么
Pumps are locked.
油泵锁上了
What are we doing? You tell me.
我们在干什么,你告诉我
Sickles ain't here. Let's just blow through.
希寇斯不在,我们赶紧走吧
Don't you need gas?
我们不需要加油么
Find it up the line.
上前面去找吧
I'll not take eight lorries on an Easter egg hunt
我不会拿这八辆卡车去冒险
and risk getting stranded along the way.
万一停在路上怎么办
Forward or back? I'm freezing my nuts off.
前进还是后退,我冻死了
Probably a key inside.
里面可能有钥匙
That's private property.
那是个人财产
Jesus,Victor, buy a watch already.
天呐,维克托,买块表好不好
And unlock the pumps. What's in those trucks?
把油泵的锁打开,这些卡车里有什么
Same as always.
和以前一样
Well, if it's liquor, there's a problem.
如果里面是酒,那就有问题了
Since when?
从什么时候开始
Since he read the Constitution.
从他读过宪法之后
They passed a whole amendment.
他们通过了一条新修正案
What brings you here, Mr. Rosetti?
你来这干什么,罗塞蒂先生
Who?

I called you by your name.
我叫你的名字了
I think you got me mixed up.
我想你把我认成别人了
No, I'm, uh...
不,我是
D.L. Collingsworth.
D·L·科林斯沃斯
Proprietor.
业主
Really?
真的
Yeah, we go way back around here.
是的,我们很久之前就在这里了
Slept with George Washington and everything.
和乔治·华盛顿一样老
Eight trucks, huh?
八辆卡车对吧
A lot of gasoline.
要很多汽油啊
So? We're good for it.
所以呢,我们买得起
Sure, only thing,
当然,只是有一件事
we don't got any.
我们没有油
You've no fuel?
你们没有油
And here it is, a filling station.
却开了家加油站
That makes me chuckle.
真搞笑
We'll gas up, we'll pay you, and we'll drive on.
我们要加油,我们会给你钱,然后我们就走
What's that?
那是什么
A gun?

I got a gun.
我有枪
I got a gun,
我有枪
he got a gun,
他有枪
he got a gun.
他有枪
Everybody got guns.
人人都有枪
Fellas,
伙计们
you ain't gonna make New York tonight.
你们今晚到不了纽约了
You're gonna run out of gas.
油不够
You think Mr. Thompson won't hear about this?
你以为汤普森先生不会知道这件事么
What was I supposed to do?
我该怎么做
Tell Nucky
告诉努基
old Pop Collingsworth says hello.
老科林斯沃斯向他问好
Are you trying to asphyxiate us?
你要憋死我们么
Here we go.
来了
All in the same pan?
都在一个锅里
Old hobo trick. Sit down.
老流浪汉的诡计了,坐下
You know how to sling 'em.
你知道怎么做饭
Had a lot of practice.
练过太多次了
Like fun you did.
别开玩笑
Cooked for my brother, sister, my ma, just to give her a day off.
给我弟弟,妹妹,妈妈做饭,就是为了能让她歇一天
Watched them eat.
看着他们吃下去
Made sure they'd finish every scrap.
保证他们都吃完
What about you?
那你呢
Well, see, I'd only steal enough for three.
我偷来的只够三个人吃的
Wasn't Chaplin in that one?
那不是卓别林么
Don't.
别接
Know what I'd like more than anything else?
知道我最喜欢什么么
What?
什么
For people to be honest about what they want,
最喜欢那些不管发生了什么
no matter what.
想要什么就真诚表现出来的人
Sounds a little dangerous.
听上去有点危险
It's dangerous anyway.
确实很危险
I'll bite.
我继续吃
What do you want?
你想要什么
I want everything to run all by itself.
我想要一切自动运行
Then what would you do?
那你要做什么
Stay here. Forever...
待在这,如果可以
if I could.
一辈子
Oh, Gus.
古斯
You know you can't.
你知道你不行
Who's calling?
谁来的电话
I said I'd never tell.
我说了我不会说的
And you said you'd never ask.
你还说过你永远不会问
You reach him?
你找到他了么
So, now what?
那么,现在怎么办
How many would you say back there?
你看到有多少人
I counted 12.
我数的是十二个
Maybe more.
也许更多
You trust these men in a gun battle?
枪战起来的话你会信任这些人么
Not for a second.
一点也不会
Arnold Rothstein expects to get what he pays for.
阿诺德·罗斯坦还在等着他的货
He won't be getting it tonight.
他今晚是拿不到了
What's your pleasure, boss?
你喜欢什么,老板
Turn these rigs around.
掉头
We're heading back to Atlantic City.
我们回大西洋城

分享到
重点单词
  • decentadj. 体面的,正派的,得体的,相当好的
  • awkwardadj. 笨拙的,尴尬的,(设计)别扭的
  • disrespectn. 不敬,无礼 vt. 不尊敬
  • overflown. 溢值,超值,泛滥 v. 泛滥,溢出
  • badgen. 徽章,标记,正章,象征 vt. 授给 ... 徽章
  • respectfuladj. 表示尊敬的,有礼貌的,谦恭的
  • routinen. 例行公事,常规,无聊 adj. 常规的,例行的,乏
  • resentvt. 恨,生气
  • ticklishadj. 难对付的,易怒的,怕痒的
  • appallingadj. 令人震惊的,可怕的 动词appall的现在分词