爱在黎明破晓前(MP3+中英字幕) 第46期:好丈夫
日期:2016-12-31 16:42

(单词翻译:单击)

Yeah, I don't know.
我不知道。
Sometimes I dream about being a good father and a good husband.
有时候我梦想着做一个好父亲,好丈夫。
And sometimes that feels really close.
而且有时候会觉得很接近了。
But then other times it seems silly like it would ruin my whole life.
可另外一些时候,这想法似乎很蠢,仿佛它会毁掉我全部的生活。
And it's not just a fear of commitment or that I'm incapable of caring or loving because I can.
不是由于对责任感的畏惧或是没有能力去关爱,因为我能胜任。
It's just that, if I'm totally honest with myself I think I'd rather die knowing that I was really good at something.
如果我绝对公正地对待自己,那我宁死也不想知道我擅长些什么。
That I had excelled in some way than that I'd just been in a nice, caring relationship.
比起仅仅维系一份良好的,友爱的关系来说,我还有一些方面更突出。
I had worked for this older man, and once he told me that he had spent all of his life thinking about his career and his work.
我曾为一个老人工作,有次他告诉我,他把一生的心思都放在了事业上。
He was 52, and it suddenly struck him that he had never really given anything of himself.
52岁时他突然地发现他从没为自己做过任何事。
His life was for no one and nothing.
他这辈子毫无作为。
He was almost crying saying that.
他说这话时都要哭了。
You know, I believe if there's any kind of God it wouldn't be in any of us not you or me but just this little space in between.
我相信如果有神存在,不会存在于任何人身上,不会是你或者我,而是存在于这小小的空间之中。
If there's any kind of magic in this world it must be in the attempt of understanding someone sharing something.
如果世上有什么奇迹,一定是尽力理解某个人并与之同甘共苦。
I know, it's almost impossible to succeed but who cares really?
我知道这几乎是不可能成功的,可谁真正在乎呢?
The answer must be in the attempt.
答案一定是在尝试之中。

分享到