少年斯派维的奇异旅行(视频+MP3+中英字幕) 第3期:小列昂纳多达芬奇
日期:2016-10-31 15:02

(单词翻译:单击)

听力文本

No scientific challenge remains greater, most prestigious, more mythical, than that of finding the key to perpetual motion.
至今没有任何科学挑战能够在重大性 声望性 和神秘性上超过寻求永动机之谜的钥匙
Thank you.
谢谢大家
Yet some affirm that this quest is doomed to failure.
然而有些人却断言这种探索注定会失败
Such a machine defies the laws of the universe.
因为永动机违背了宇宙的物理定律
The very basis of thermodynamics assumes that all mechanism will eventually come to stop.
热力学的基础理论认为任何机械最终将会处于静止状态
Well, it is you.
嗯,你说
Yeah. Given the current state of Science and Technology, isn't the quest for perpetual motion better suited for idealists and poets than real scientists?
就目前的科学技术而言 永动机的探索不是更适合那些空想家和诗人,而不是科学家么?
What if imagination start it and science end it?
如果因想象而起,科学而终,那么会发生什么呢
Those who push the boundaries of science,what they not all poets?
那些超越科学极限的人,难道不能叫他们诗人么
I'm certain that as we speak here today, that somewhere in this country, a budding Leonardo Da Vinci is gaining up for the challenge.
我相信 我们今天在这儿讨论,而在这个国家的某处 有一位小列昂纳多·达·芬奇正在为这项挑战而努力
Thank you very much.
谢谢大家
Oh God ...
天哪
Hello.
你好呀
Sir, I am the Leonardo from Montana.
先生,我是来自蒙大拿州的达芬奇
Oh yeah? What you are going to do?
是吗?那你要做什么呢?
I accept the challenge.
我接受这项挑战
You do?
真的?

重点讲解

doom sb / sth (to sth)使…注定失败(或遭殃、死亡等):
The plan was doomed to failure.
这个计划注定要失败。

affirm 肯定属实;申明;断言
Both sides affirmed their commitment to the ceasefire.
双方均申明答应停火。
I can affirm that no one will lose their job.
我可以肯定,谁都不会丢掉工作。

perpetual motion 永动:
We're all in a state of perpetual motion in this office (= we're always moving around or changing things).
我们这个办公室里大家总在忙得团团转。

defy sb/sth 违抗;反抗;蔑视:
I wouldn't have dared to defy my teachers.
我可不敢不听老师的话。

given sth 考虑到;鉴于:
Given his age, (= considering how old he is) he's remarkably active.
考虑到他的年龄,他已是相当活跃的了。

what if...? 要是…会怎么样呢:
What if the train is late?
火车要是晚点会怎么样呢?

a budding artist / writer 一位艺术界/文坛新秀
our budding romance
我们刚刚发展起来的恋爱关系

视频及简介
讲述了一位美国少年因获得世界科学大奖被邀请到华盛顿演讲,独自穿越美国的故事。


分享到