(单词翻译:单击)
原文视听
Because I believed your sister indifferent to him.
我认为你姐姐不在乎他
Indifferent?
不在乎他?
I watched them most carefully
我仔细观察过
and realise his attachment was deeper than hers.
她没向他表白
That's because she's shy.
那是因为她天性害羞
Bingley, too, is modest
宾利也觉得
and was persuaded she didn't feel strongly for him.
她并不爱他
Because you suggested it. - I did it for his own good.
那全是你说的 - 我完全是为了他好
My sister hardly shows her true feelings to me!
我姐姐都不会向我吐露心声
I suppose you suspect that his fortune had some bearing...
你一定认为她贪图他的钱
No! I wouldn't do your sister the dishonour!
我并不这么想
Though it was suggested... - What was?
但是有人说… - 说什么?
It was made perfectly clear that an advantageous marriage...
她是为了钱才想嫁给他
Did my sister give that impression? - No! No!
这是我姐给你的感觉? - 不
No. There was, however,
并不是 主要是
I have to admit, the matter of your family.
因为你的家人
Our want of connection?
我们想攀龙附凤?
Mr Bingley didn't seem to vex himself about that.
宾利自己都没这么想
No, it was more than that. - How, sir?
不只是这样 - 那是怎样?
It was the lack of propriety
是粗俗
shown by your mother, your three younger sisters,
你妈,你的三个妹妹
even, on occasion, your father.
甚至你爸都很粗俗
重点解释
妙语佳句:
indifferent:漠不关心的
例如:People have become indifferent to the suffering of others.
人们对别人的痛苦已经变得无动于衷。
the row over the police's indifferent attitude to the killings.
严厉谴责警方对杀戮无动于衷的态度
vex:使烦恼
例如:It vexed me to think of others gossiping behind my back...
一想到别人在背后说我闲话,我就很恼火。
Everything about her vexed him.
有关她的一切都令他困惑。
lack: 缺乏
例如:Despite his lack of experience, he got the job...
他虽然经验不足,但还是获得了这份工作。
The charges were dropped for lack of evidence...
指控因证据不足而被撤销。
剧情百科常识:

根据简·奥斯汀同名小说改编。伊丽莎白·班纳特(凯拉·奈特丽 饰)出身于小地主家庭,有四个姐妹,母亲班纳特太太整天操心着为女儿物色称心如意的丈夫。新来的邻居宾格来先生和他的朋友达西(马修·麦克菲迪恩 饰)打破了她们一家人单调的乡村生活。宾格来和伊丽莎白的姐姐简·班纳特互生情愫;达西对善良聪明的伊丽莎白产生了好感,而伊丽莎白却对达西不可一世的傲慢心存偏见,不接受他的感情。然而,世事难料,宾格来和简·班纳特因为误会,关系危在旦夕;达西的种种作为,展示了性格中和伊丽莎白相同的善良一面,逐渐赢得了伊丽莎白的好感。两对有情人能否终成眷属?班纳特姐妹们能否得到自己想要的生活......
考考你:
同志们有困难我们不能不闻不问。
我根本没想用这种小事折磨你。
他混入医院当上医生,结果因疏忽职守致使一名病人丧生。
答案下期公布
上一期的答案
However ardently they love, however intimate their union, they are never one.
Nobody wants to hinder your doing that.
You must not censure him until you know the whole story.
