(单词翻译:单击)
I have a degree in business.
我拥有一个贸易专业的学位
However,
但是
it was my father's decision
是我父亲的决定
for me to pursue a business major.
让我学习贸易专业
He thought that
他认为
having a business degree
拥有贸易专业的学位
would make me more competitive
能让我在职场上更具有竞争力
and provide me with more available options
为我提供更多可选择的机会
in entering a global marketplace.
可以跻身全球人才市场
I took his advice.
我采纳了他的建议
Nevertheless,
然而
even though my college experiences were fantastic,
尽管我求学期间的履历非常精彩
I still had no interest in any field of commerce,
我却对贸易范畴的任何一个领域都没有兴趣
let alone
更不用说
having a long-term career as a businesswoman.
成为一个女商人,以此为自己的长期职业
After I graduated,
毕业之后
I worked as a marketing planner
我成为了一名市场策划
at a computer company.
在一家电脑公司任职
My pay and working environment were great;
我的薪酬和工作环境都非常好
however,
可是
I still didn’t feel happy
我仍没有感到快乐
doing something that I wasn’t interested in.
因为自己从事的工作我并不热衷
After two months of working there,
在那里工作了两个月
I made up my mind to quit
我决定辞职
and decided to do what I love,
我决定去做自己喜爱的事
namely teaching English.
即,英语教学
I have now been an English teacher
今天我已经成为一名英语教师
for over twenty years.
超过二十年了
I love my job
我热爱自己的工作
and love being with my students.
喜欢和我的学生们呆在一起