双语美文:十块钱而已 被追了一个星期 又惊又暖!
日期:2021-10-21 09:35

(单词翻译:单击)

When I was in college

当我还在读大学的时候

I worked at CVS,

我在一家连锁量贩店打工

a guy came to buy batteries

一个人来买电池

and was a couple dollars short.

少了几块钱

after trying to count out his change

我帮着他一起把他的零钱数了一遍

I told him not to worry about it

然后告诉他,不必担心

and just take the batteries.

然后就把电池交给了他

I forgot about the whole thing almost instantly

我几乎是瞬间就把这整件事忘掉了

because it wasnt a big deal.

因为这本就不是什么大事

a few days later

几天之后

the guy comes back in,

那个人又回来了

waits in line to buy something

排队等着买什么东西

and asks if I remembered him.

问我还记不记得他

He then told me

接着他告诉我

that I really helped him out that day

那一天多亏了我给他帮忙

and he proceeded to leave a $20 bill on the counter

接着他便在柜台上留下20美元的钞票

and walked out.

然后出去了

I will never forget that,

我永远忘不了这件事

the fact that

忘不了

he remembered me doing something so small

他为我做过的如此微不足道的事情记住了我

and then went out of his way

大费周章的找到我

to more than re-pay it.

他所做的比回馈更多

分享到