(单词翻译:单击)
On the surface: Happiness.
表面意思:开心
Below the surface: A despising, mocking, and even obnoxious attitude.
言外之意:一种轻视,嘲弄甚至反感的态度。
Background: The upper “muscle movements” here could explain why the face is considered less friendly and more hostile. “If you take a closer look at the eyes, the orbicularis oculi (the muscle near that upper eye corner) does not move, and the orbicularis oris (the one near the mouth) tightens, which is a sign of suppressing a smile,” notes An Yong, a user on Zhihu, China’s answer to Quora.
背景:眼睛周围肌肉的运动在这里可以解释为什么人们认为这个表情中的敌意大于友好。根据知乎(中国版的Quora)用户“暗涌”的回答,“如果你仔细观察它的双眼,会发现这个表情的眼轮匝肌(上眼角附近的肌肉)并没有动,并且它的口轮匝肌(嘴巴附近的肌肉)紧绷,说明这个微笑很牵强。”
Guidance: Don’t use it as an expression to say you’re happy about something. Maybe use these instead, since the muscle movements seem to be smiling genuinely:
忠告:如果你想表达开心,千万不要用这个表情,你可以使用下面几个表情,因为以下表情面部肌肉的运动使得它们的笑容看起来比较真诚。
On the surface: Goodbye with a smiley face.
表面意思:微笑着道别
Below the surface: I despise you and really don’t want to talk with you. Please go away.
言外之意:我对你表示鄙视,并且不想再跟你说话,走开。
Background: Thanks to the smiley face, this is not a simple goodbye.
背景:由于有了这个笑容,这个“道别”并不单纯。
Guidance: If you see this emoji, you might want to change the topic, or just keep your mouth shut. If you wish to retaliate sarcastically, consider sending back two waving hands.
忠告:看到这个表情,说明你要换一个话题了,或者干脆闭嘴吧。如果你想同样讽刺地反击回去,可以考虑用两个“挥手”的表情来回复。
On the surface: Maybe there’s something in your nose?
表面意思:可能只是鼻子有些痒?
Below the surface: I despise you.
言外之意:“鄙视你”。
On the surface: A moon with a face, hiding in the shadow, according to emojipedia.
表面意思:emojipedia网站上称之为“躲在阴影中的新月状笑脸”。
Below the surface: Sneaky, creepy, or even “I despise you.”(Yes, it’s a recurring theme.)
言外之意:鬼鬼祟祟、令人发毛,甚至是“鄙视你”。(是的,鄙视是永恒的主题。)
On the surface: It’s a dog breed from Japan.
表面含义:一种日本的犬种。
Below the surface: I am just cute and innocent. What are you talking about? I have no idea. (Also: “I despise you.”)
言外之意:我只是个无辜的可爱宝宝。我听不懂你在说什么。(也是“鄙视你”的意思)
No 1. I Know I’m Flawless
完美
What it really means: information desk person.
真实含义:咨询台服务员
No 2. HMPH!
哼
What it really means: triumph.
真实含义:胜利
No 3. Rockstar
摇滚手势表情
What it really means: horns.
真实含义:一对角
No 4. Whining
抱怨
What it really means: tired.
真实含义:累了
No 5. Ballerina
芭蕾舞女演员表情
What it really means: a woman making an OK gesture.
真实含义:一位女性在做“OK”手势
No 6. I Just Got A Brilliant Idea!
我刚刚想出了个超棒的点子
What it really means: bowing.
真实含义:鞠躬
No 7. Besties
闺蜜
What it really means: bunny dancers.
真实含义:两个跳舞兔女郎