双语畅销书《我是马拉拉》第11章:聪明的班级(5)
日期:2016-12-01 23:30

(单词翻译:单击)

Fazlullah kept broadcasting that girls should stay at home and his men had started blowing up schools, usually during night-time curfew when the children were not there.

法兹鲁拉持续通过广播告诉人们:女孩子们应该留在家里。而他的手下也开始利用夜晚宵禁,孩子不在学校的时候炸毁学校。

The first school to be blown up was Shawar Zangay, a government girls’ primary school in Matta.

第一所被炸毁的学校是沙瓦赞给,一所位于玛塔的公立女子小学。

We couldn’t believe anyone would do such a thing.

我们无法想象有人竟然会做出这种事。

Then many more bombings followed, almost every day.

接着越来越多起爆炸发生,几乎每天都有,就连明戈拉也逃不过这些炸弹的威胁。

Even in Mingora, there were explosions.

有两次,当我在厨房时,发生了爆炸。

Twice bombs went off when I was in the kitchen, so close by that the whole house rattled and the fan above the window fell down.

因为我家离事发地点很近,整栋房子都在摇晃,窗户上方的电扇都震得掉了下来。

I became very scared of going into the kitchen and would only run in and out.

在那之后,我变得很害怕留在厨房,总是跑着进出。

On the last day of February 2008 I was in the kitchen when we heard an enormous blast.

2008年2月的最后一天,我正在厨房里,突然,一声巨响传来,

It was ear-shatteringly loud and obviously close by.

那声音几乎震破耳膜,而且听起来近在咫尺。

As we always did, we called to each other to make sure we were all safe.

像以往发生了此类情形时一样,我们急切地呼唤着彼此的绰号或姓名——帅哥、猫咪、嫂嫂[1]、胡沙尔、阿塔尔,以确保大家都平安无事。

‘Khaista, Pisho, Bhabi, Khushal, Atal!’ Then we heard sirens, one after another as if all the ambulances of Mingora were passing.

紧接着,救护车的汽笛声拉起,一声急似一声,仿佛所有明戈拉的救护车都向着我们家的方向驶来。

A suicide bomber had struck in the basketball court at Haji Baba High School.

原来,一名自杀式炸弹袭击者袭击了位于哈吉巴巴高中的篮球场。

Funeral prayers had been under way for a popular local police officer, Javid Iqbal, who had been killed by a suicide bomber in a remote area while trying to escape from the Taliban.

那里正在为一位当地广受尊重的警察贾维德•伊克巴举办一场葬礼,他是在逃离塔利班魔爪的过程中被一名自杀式炸弹袭击者所杀害。

He was from Mingora, and his body had been brought back for the funeral and a police salute.

他来自明戈拉,所以,他的遗体被送返故乡下葬,同时接受警方的表彰。

Now the Taliban had bombed the mourners.

塔利班袭击了葬礼,

More than fifty-five people were killed, including Javid Iqbal’s young son and many people we knew.

造成至少55名民众身亡,其中包括贾维德•伊克巴的小儿子和许多我们认识的人。

Ten members of Moniba’s family were there and were either killed or injured.

有十名莫妮巴的亲戚也在现场,他们非死即伤。

Moniba was devastated and the whole town was in shock.

莫妮巴伤痛欲绝,整个小镇陷入恐慌。

There were condolences in every mosque.

每一座清真寺都在哀悼死者。

‘Are you scared now?’ I asked my father.

你害怕吗?我问父亲。

分享到