双语畅销书《我是马拉拉》第10章:太妃糖 网球与斯瓦特佛像(24)
日期:2016-11-26 10:48

(单词翻译:单击)

We used to have Islamic studies teachers – qari sahibs – who came to our home to teach the Quran to me and other local children.

以前,我们总有教授伊斯兰教义的老师——我们称为神职人员——来家里教导我和其他当地的孩子研读《古兰经》。

By the time the Taliban came I had finished my recitation of the complete Quran, what we call Khatam ul-Quran, much to the delight of Baba, my grandfather the cleric.

当塔利班出现时,我已经朗诵完整本经书,我们把这称为将《古兰经》封印在心中,我那担任伊斯兰教长的祖父知道后非常开心。

We recite in Arabic, and most people don’t actually know what the verses mean, but I had also started learning them in translation.

我们用阿拉伯文朗诵,多数人都不知道那些句子的含义,我也开始通过翻译的方式学习这些文字。

To my horror one qari sahib tried to justify Benazir’s assassination.

令我感到恐怖的是,一位神职人员竟试图将暗杀贝?布托的行为正义化。

‘It was a very good job she was killed,’ he said. ‘When she was alive she was useless.

杀死她是非常正确的做法,他说,她活着时一无是处。

She was not following Islam properly.

她的行为并没有正确依循伊斯兰教义。

If she had lived there would have been anarchy.’

如果她还活着,国家会大乱。

I was shocked and told my father.

我内心受到很大冲击,把这件事告诉了父亲。

‘We don’t have any option.

我们没有其他选择,

We are dependent on these mullahs to learn the Quran,’ he said.

我们需要依靠这些毛拉来研习《古兰经》。

‘But you just use him to learn the literal meaning of the words; don’t follow his explanations and interpretation.

父亲说,但是,你只需要跟毛拉学习这些话字面上的含义;不要听从他的解释与翻译。

Only learn what God says.

你只需从真主的言行中去学习。

His words are divine messages, which you are free and independent to interpret.’

真主的字句带有神圣的含义,你可以自由独立地运用并解读。

分享到