经典科幻文学:《 基本上无害 Mostly Harmless》 第5章6
日期:2015-09-11 09:23

(单词翻译:单击)

Tricia didn't know where to start.

崔茜卡不知道从何说起。

Own up, she thought. There's no point in trying to second guess any of this stuff.

爽快点,她暗想,你自个儿在这儿瞎琢磨是没用的。

So she said, 'But I don't know anything about astrology.'

于是她说:“可我根本不懂什么占星术。”

'We do.'

“我们懂。”

'You do?'

“你们懂?”

'Yes. We follow our horoscopes. We are very avid. We see all your newspapers and your magazines and are very avid with them. But our leader says we have a problem.'

“是的,我们照我们的天宫图做。我们很有积极性。你们所有的报纸和杂志我们都看,而且非常积极。但我们的领袖说我们遇上了一个问题。”

'You have a leader?'

“你们有一个领袖?”

'Yes.'

“是的。”

'What's his name?'

“他叫什么名字?”

'We do not know.'

“我们不知道。”

'What does he say his name is, for Christ's sake? Sorry, I'll need to edit that. What does he say his name is?'

“见鬼,他说自己叫什么名字?抱歉,我得把这段剪掉。他说自己叫什么名字?”

'He does not know.'

“他不知道。”

'So how do you all know he's the leader?'

“那你们怎么会知道他就是领袖?”

'He seized control. He said someone has to do something round here.'

“他夺到了权力。他说这儿总得有人做点什么。”

'Ah!' said Tricia, seizing on a clue. 'Where is “here”?'

“啊!”崔茜卡逮住了这条线索,“'这儿'是哪儿?”

'Rupert.'

“鲁伯特。”

'Your people call it Rupert. The tenth planet from your sun. We have settled there for many years. It is highly cold and uninteresting there. But good for monitoring.'

“你们的人管它叫鲁伯特。从你们的太阳往外数的第十个行星。我们已经在那儿定居好些年了。那地方冷的要命,又特别无聊,但很适于监控。”

'Why are you monitoring us?'

“你们为什么要监控我们?”

'It is all we know to do.'

“我们只会干这个。”

分享到