经典科幻文学:《 基本上无害 Mostly Harmless》 第2章6
日期:2015-08-12 10:41

(单词翻译:单击)

‘Have you called the number? There’s a number here.’

“你试过这个号码了吗?这儿有个号码。”

‘No,’ said Tricia, ‘you only just gave me the note. I’m just trying to get some more information before I ring back. Perhaps I could talk to the person who took the call?’

“没有,”崔茜卡说,“你刚把留言给我。我只是想在回电话之前多了解些情况。也许我能跟接这通电话的人谈谈?”

‘Hmmm,’ said the receptionist, scrutinising the note carefully. ‘I don’t think we have anybody called Gail Andrews here.’

“呣,”接待仔仔细细地检查了一遍留言,“我不记得我们这儿有叫盖尔?安德鲁斯的。”

‘No, I realise that,’ said Tricia. ‘I just—’

“当然,这我意识到了,”崔茜卡说,“我只不过想……”

‘I’m Gail Andrews.’

“我是盖尔?安德鲁斯。”

The voice came from behind Tricia. She turned round.

声音来自崔茜卡背后。她转过身去。

‘I’m sorry?’

“抱歉?”

‘I’m Gail Andrews. You interviewed me this morning.’

“我是盖尔?安德鲁斯。你今天早上来见过我。”

‘Oh. Oh good heavens yes,’ said Tricia, slightly flustered.

“哦,哦天哪没错。”崔茜卡有些狼狈。

‘I left the message for you a few hours ago. I hadn’t heard so I came by. I didn’t want to miss you.’

“电话是几个钟头之前打的。你没回,所以我就过来了。我不想错过跟你见面的机会。”

‘Oh. No. Of course,’ said Tricia, trying hard to get up to speed.

“哦,是啊。当然。”崔茜卡努力跟上情况的发展。

‘I don’t know about this,’ said the receptionist, for whom speed was not an issue. ‘Would you like me to try this number for you now?’

“对了,这个,”接待道,他反正没什么情况可跟进,“要我帮你试试这个号码吗?”

‘No, that’ll be fine, thanks,’ said Tricia. ‘I can handle it now.’

“不,不必,谢谢,”崔茜卡说,“现在我自己可以了。”

‘I can call this room number here for you if that’ll help,’ said the receptionist, peering at the note again.

“这儿有个房间号码,我可以帮你打过去,如果能对你有帮助的话。”接待说着又瞅瞅留言。

‘No, that won’t be necessary, thanks,’ said Tricia. ‘That’s my own room number. I’m the one the message was for. I think we’ve sorted this out now.’

“不,没必要,谢谢,”崔茜卡说,“那是我自己的房间号码。留言就是留给我的。依我看,这事儿已经解决了。”

分享到