(单词翻译:单击)
1. In the beginning, your life starts feeling really dramatic.
一开始,你的生活变得紧张刺激。
2. And then, suddenly, much less so.
但一段时间后,生活忽然又回归平淡。
3. You and your S.O. develop pet names that aren’t necessarily cutesy but are definitely unique.
你们会创造出两人的亲密昵称,不一定很肉麻,但绝对独一无二。
4. Ditto inside jokes that probably alienate anyone else you hang out with.
你一直重复讲只有你们俩听懂的笑话,这往往令曾经的玩伴疏远你。
5. If you hear love songs on the radio, they no longer make you roll your eyes.
如果听到电台情歌,你不再流露出不屑的表情。
6. And if you watch romantic movies, you’re like, “Oh, I get it now!”
如果看浪漫的爱情片,你会恍然大悟:“哦,我现在明白了!”
7. Everywhere you go, you notice little things that remind you of them, so you have to keep yourself from buying hundreds of random gifts.
无论去哪里,总有一些小东西让你不自觉想到对方,所以只好不断买各种礼物。
8. You send each other pictures of animal pairs with the caption, "Us".
彼此发动物情侣的照片,然后配上图片说明——“我们”。
9. You have their picture set as background or lock screen (or BOTH!) on your phone.
你把对方的照片设置为手机的背景或锁屏(或两者皆是)。
10. You don’t care so much about going out anymore, and you may have gone through a period in which your friends questioned whether you were even still alive.
你不会格外在意外出,以致朋友也许会在某段时间质疑你是否还活着。
11. There’s a lot of non-sexy naked time.
很多时候想要裸体,不过跟性感无关。
12. You spend a lot of time together in silence, but that’s totally chill.
你们在一起时经常默默不语,但气氛并不尴尬。
13. Their interests or hobbies become yours, and vice versa.
对方的兴趣爱好渐渐融入你的生活,反之亦然。
14. Or they don’t, but you still tolerate them on occasion.
即使你不喜欢那些兴趣爱好,也时常愿意去理解包容。
15. You actually DO think of them first thing in the morning, even on the days you don’t wake up next to each other.
每天睁开眼睛就会想起对方,即使你们分隔两地。
16. You eat. A lot.
你会胃口大开。
17. You find the simplest things adorable, as long as your S.O. is doing them.
你发现,只要是“某人”正在做的事,不管多么平常,总是那么可爱。
18. You hide certain bodily functions for as long as possible, until one day a fart or burp sneaks out and all bets are off.
你会尽量隐藏某些身体机能,直到有一天不小心放屁或打嗝,让你的努力白费。
19. You actually miss them even if you’re just apart for a few hours.
分离不过几小时就开始思念对方。
20. You plan fantasy trips around the world, because suddenly everything just seems more interesting.
计划着到世界各地旅行,因为忽然间你对一切事物都兴趣盎然。
21. And maybe you envision your future life together in your dream house with your beautiful dogs and/or children, if that’s what you’re into.
也许,你会幻想未来与宠物、子女一起生活在梦想之家,如果那是你所向往的。
22. You get that you’d find most of this stuff so gross and annoying in anyone else, but when it’s you guys, it just makes sense.
别人做的那些令人反感或恼怒的事,当你们去经历时,就变得意义非凡。